Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Which Dvd Player

Lexus Jim

My first one - top of the range Sony (£229.99) - died after the warranty period requiring £120 to repair - dumped.

Next one - £35.00 from Argos played everything including MP3's.

Now been superceded by the latest from Asda £29.99 (gave the other to a neice cos it still works), would probably play a slice of bread if you could get it in!

But they are all slim ones

thats what I was thinking. My first player was awesome. was one of the first in the country about 7 or 8 years ago. Panasonic ae100 or something. died 2 months ago unfortunately and the other 2 players I have are rubbish and unreliable

Jim, try out the local Richer Sounds. they usually have the Pioneer DV575 for around a tonne which is about as good as any player you'll get up to £200.

I was going to buy one myself but ended up with the Cambridge Audio DV79 as it had a DVI output which means a better picture through the projector, but I'm not that impressed with the rest of the feature set and contemplated getting a 575 as well as some point for VCD playback (the Cambridge can't handle VCD or SVCD in this day and age!!!!)

I may have a Samsung HD850 for sale, it plays everything including DIVX and has HDMI output so if you get a better TV at a later date you can upscale the picture to 1080i res, I got it as payment for a job I did, but its of no use to me as i have a Sony RDR HXD910 Recorder with HDMI output.

Im looking for £80 for the samsung, thats assuming my sister doesnt want it, I said she could have first refusal.

other than that, I would deffo say go for Pioneer, Ive had a few in the past and they have Lexus build quality. :)

Just got a Panasonic DVD player (DVD-S27) from Comet for £45! Excellent system for the money, much better than the cheapies I have been using and plays copies too (backups :winky:). Remote works much better than my cheap one too.

Cant go wrong for £45 :D

Chris

try this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOSHIBA-Multi-Region...1QQcmdZViewItem

i know its flea bay but the toshiba players are decent for a real low price i fitted somthing similar in all but 2 lexus garages in the uk doesnt all for the right price, lets face it for the 50 to 100 quid mark you aint gonna be runnin the kinda speakers that you will be able to tell the diff in sound. toshibas are respected makes and cheap at this price, other than that you are in to clone players like, lite on which are the same as mainline players but branded different

Have spent a lot of time in AV shops today fella and if you get hold of a copy of the latest What Hi-Fi mag they have the 2005 awards and I'm sure a Toshiba model picked up the best player award, it was only 80 quid at Sevenoaks as well :)

I'd get a DIVX player instead ............ plays all the dvd's ... and more  :D

only prob i have found with Divx/Xvid players is if there is the slightest glitch in the movie the player freezes.

what player do u have??

Yeah mine freezes too Rob, the Cambridge Audio DV79.. I use a Pioneer 737 from VCD / SVCD and then I've started using XBox Media Centre for all DivX content, the Cambridge Audio isn't that happy with HDTV DivX format content, think half the problem is that the stuff is encoded in DivX 6 format which it isn't sure how to handle :(

Yeah mine freezes too Rob, the Cambridge Audio DV79.. I use a Pioneer 737 from VCD / SVCD and then I've started using XBox Media Centre for all DivX content, the Cambridge Audio isn't that happy with HDTV DivX format content, think half the problem is that the stuff is encoded in DivX 6 format which it isn't sure how to handle :(

Were you not advised to write to Mr. Ritcher? :shifty:

Yeah I'll drop him an email mate, guess at best they would replace with another brand with same functionality, problem with that Cambridge Audio unit is the firmware and they won't admit it!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links