Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Software Help....need Advice...

Fargo

ok software gurus.. here what im trying to do.

customer database with histororical notes function and the ability to flag up a note on a particular day..

ie..... march 19th... annual service due....

is this all poss in Outlook or will it need some access db work...or are there any apps out there to do this..

ta muchly

Take a look at tasks in Outlook XP, you can set them to be recuring etc and assign job details as well. Realy depends on how you are going to maintain them, do you think you will be able to stick to filling them and keeping them updated?

Outlook XP would also with a PDA alow you to fill in the details on the tasks on the go as well, and then just sync when you get back to the office / home :)

As soon as you mention 'customer' I am assuming that this for many people and not just a record of your own personal annual service, etc ?

If it is just for you then Outlook will certainly fit the bill but if this for many customers then I would be looking at Microsoft Access to build a database application with a front end form.

Fargo,

I have an app which might suit you. We use it for our call logging/ticketing system and databases for price lists, cutomers, contacts etc. Also there is a quoting system being built on top of it. (it's free, as I wrote it. :blink: )

If you want I'll set up a demo for you so you can access over the web.

S.

Fargo,

I have an app which might suit you.  We use it for our call logging/ticketing system and databases for price lists, cutomers, contacts etc.  Also there is a quoting system being built on top of it.  (it's free, as I wrote it.  :blink: )

If you want I'll set up a demo for you so you can access over the web.

S.

yeh man,, lets give it a bash mr S

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links