Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anythoughts?

Jocksuper7

right i need some opinions,

my mates bird is looking for a new motor, but is just about to buy a 306 GTI6

personally i dont like french motors, my mate and me have tried to talk her out of it but need some suggestions with a structured argument.

she is looking for somthing small ish on a bout a t/s plate that is practical but willalso get a grin( so my suggestion of a tubby is out, not practical ) any other sugesstions?

all apreciated

if I didn't have my tezza I'd have a GTI6

best looking hatch about imo

175bhp n/a

6 speed box

can fit loads of stuff in them with the seats down

seats 4 peeps

handles well

yes it's french

yes it's rattles

yes you can take them apart with no tools

so what

if that's what you like, its what you choose to live with!!! if you get what I mean

waiting for the list of :sick: now :lol:

peugeot/citroen - they share loads of parts, so spare will never be a prob, maybe the cost. easy to work on, quite basic, brakes wear fast and if it has drums on the back then the cylinders will be leaking after a while ( expect them to get changed at each major service.)

99 civic coupe vti!!!!!

quick car for good money and looks way better than the 306.

It is also very practical and above all is prob one of the most reliable cars on the planet!!!

It is also very easy to mod/tune if she is into that.

You shouldn't need any points to argue about the 306 cos it is rubbish and french and will break!!!!!

My girlfriend had a Dturbo one and they are a nightmare!!!!

i had a 306 before the IS and it was a great car. roomy and lots of fun to drive with an excelent bullet proof engine. but the rest of the car fell to bits, had a leaky drivers door and exhaust rotted

typical french but i enjoied it all the time i had it

How about a Honda Civic Jordan....

towns.29112003184014_1.JPG

or a Honda Integra Type 'R'.......

107-0761_IMG.JPG

V-Tec does indeed whoop *****.

The teg handles like no other FWD car on the road yet it's practical as anything - loads and loads of boot space.

Friends have had both cars - i have driven both (hard) and the grin factor is definately there.

Teg 190bhp, Civic Jordan 160bhp.

Both reasonably priced now too.

a 306 GTI16 is a great car. but if it's not to be, then it's not to be - but she could do much worse than one of those!

What about a 130bhp or 150BHP TDi Mark 4 Golf?? They are surprisingly quick and highly practical. Styling etc can be as modest or over the top as she likes too as they have huge support. I can also vouch for a Type R Teg - great, bullet-proof machine ;)

well i have sent some pictures to her, of the civic, scoobys, type-r ,ad various vags, the jury is out will have to to see what she goes for, Her ideal motor would have been a corado vr6 but she wants somthig a little newer, cheers for all your help,

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links