Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bonnet Struts

Hello all, Fitted another quick mod today. I have gone for the Bonnet strut kit offered by pro-lex.

A very good kit, Easy to fit and makes lifting the bonnet alot easier. Let alone makes it look better ;)

bonnet3.jpg

bonnet2.jpg

bonnet1.jpg

Oh yes and thats my new reg plate on the car :whistling:

Thanks again Prolex B)

Nice.

I see the modding bug is starting to hit you..

That plate will have the boys in blue tongues waggling haha

I'm just as bad... 1 fine so far :yawn:

Looks good. I just bought some of these from a fellow LOC'er (cheers Necromax!) but they didn't come with instructions.

Can you tell me what you did about securing the relay box mounting after you removed it to use the screw hole for the strut? Did you just screw it in with the strut mount?

Cheers!

@Ally -

:lol: Thanks, could be alot cleaner ;)

@Mr Singh

Yep it has caught me :whistling: I love it, but i think my wallet doesnt :lol: , Im just waiting for them to clock it :shifty:

@Moffet

With that side i didnt use the bolts provided, i just used the original bolt from the relay mount,

I placed the strut bar mount on top and replaced the screw, Give me a PM if you need any help. B)

Thanks for your kind comments...and further apologies for sending you the wrong ones in the first place !

I know these struts are said on the website to be for carbon bonnets but would these struts be fine on a heavier standard bonnet ? Thanks :)

Thanks for your kind comments...and further apologies for sending you the wrong ones in the first place !

I know these struts are said on the website to be for carbon bonnets but would these struts be fine on a heavier standard bonnet ? Thanks :)

mate there are 2 types on the website, these ones for normal bonnets for £100 then the ones for carbon bonnets for £120. Don't know if Dave has any left but I got some stainless ones for £190.

mate there are 2 types on the website, these ones for normal bonnets for £100 then the ones for carbon bonnets for £120. Don't know if Dave has any left but I got some stainless ones for £190.

Hey, thanks didn't see those ! ;)

I fitted mine a couple weeks ago :) Does the job really well, aside from a very slight slight scrape of the driver side strut slightly grazing the aluminium brake fluid (master cylinder box) i think it is?! not sure if anyone else noticed it.

i didn't secure down my relay box... will have to think up something to get it looking OEM again.

I fitted mine a couple weeks ago :) Does the job really well, aside from a very slight slight scrape of the driver side strut slightly grazing the aluminium brake fluid (master cylinder box) i think it is?! not sure if anyone else noticed it.

i didn't secure down my relay box... will have to think up something to get it looking OEM again.

Nope, no scrapes at all mate, there was a fixing bracket in the kit for relay box.

Nope, no scrapes at all mate, there was a fixing bracket in the kit for relay box.

i thought there might be something to hold it properly, it looks a bit tacky with the relay box hanging off... i'll have to get Dave to send me one. As for the scraping... it's wafer thin... barely noticable... just wondered if anyone did check though, cos the clearance between the strut and box is miniscule.

Also just noticed, i followed the instructions in the kit, which show the L shape bracket mounted in the engine bay to be opposite way rount to the ones in the pics above. Which brings the strut in a little closer and hence why mine may scrape. The instructions were for US spec IS's and i noticed, that they don't have the alluminium brake cylinder box, in the engine bay where we do?!?!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links