Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Work Being Done

Fantastic mate :D

Glad it's finally sorted, now just time for you to have some fun, not too much though before you get it mapped :D

How many miles are you gonna do before getting it mapped mate?

Bet you've got a right grin on, kinda like the first time your bird touched it :lol:

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not that excited :lol: I'm going to do about 500 miles before I get it mapped. Got to get the exhaust system finished off first too.

The place I was taking it to in Birmingham have just added an extra £100 on to their quote so I've got to find somewhere else. As soon as I find somewhere I'll get it done. Plus I'm driving up to Anfield for the Chelsea game in a couple of weeks so those miles will fly by very quicky.

Good lad mate, think Thor are pretty near you, they mapped Zee's car and he was well happy, may be worth giving them a tinkle to see if they can fit you in?

Thought you'd have been off to Liverpool on the train mate so you could get through some serious Stella :D

Got to drive the car mate as its a novelty :lol:

I've used Thor quite a bit in the past with mapping and fitting my boost controller and a few other bits. I've actually sat there with Pete all day long waiting for my car, probably even longer than he was actually there for :lol: Top guys. Don't think they do HKS though.

TDI will be doing the mapping as they fitted the V Pro and the original mapping. Plus I've got some other plans to discuss with Mark too :D

Back on the road then mate, good news, must be hard not to "put the foot down" :D

It is very tempting to do so but the car seems to pull ok anyway. Probably because I've only been driving my diesel work van for the last 6 months that it seems to be pretty good on the acceleration.

Its sooooo comfortable to drive a decent car again :winky: With air con too :lol:

Probably because I've only been driving my diesel work van for the last 6 months that it seems to be pretty good on the acceleration.

And your ***** is so close to the road it in the car it feels like 120 when you are only doing 60 :lol:

Take it easy mate, glad to hear all is well :winky:

YYOOOOOO SO GLAD TO HEAR THOSE GREAT NEWS BUD!!! :winky:

Did you notice a difference in exhaust note since the lower CR with the new internals?

Ordinary you also should have a bit more than 2.0L of displacement now. B)

So happy that the car is running now!

Let us know what's going on with the mapping session you start soon. :whistling:

Congrats,

Mike :winky:

I've not yet noticed any difference in the exhaust note. But as I said its been so long since I've driven it I probably wouldn't notice anything anyway. Although my mate said he thought it was quiter.

@Daz, yes mate, the same place we used before. I had quote before Christmas from the girl in the office but when I spoke to them the other day it turns out that it was apparantly for a 2" system not 3" so he's added on over £100 for the job. So the price they now want for a small amount of pipe work and cat back exhaust, I can get for a similar price closer to home.

I've not yet noticed any difference in the exhaust note. But as I said its been so long since I've driven it I probably wouldn't notice anything anyway. Although my mate said he thought it was quiter.

@Daz, yes mate, the same place we used before. I had quote before Christmas from the girl in the office but when I spoke to them the other day it turns out that it was apparantly for a 2" system not 3" so he's added on over £100 for the job. So the price they now want for a small amount of pipe work and cat back exhaust, I can get for a similar price closer to home.

sorry mate just read this pm me details i will have a word with the boss there

unless you have already sorted

daz

sorry mate just read this pm me details i will have a word with the boss there

unless you have already sorted

daz

PM sent :)

• 2 weeks later...

Mileage is getting there. Not far off running in now. Did a lot of motorway driving yesterday up to Liverpool and back. Car was running excellent cruising on the motorway. Only problem was driving at 40mph through roadworks it started to run a bit lumpy but this is due to the need for it to be remapped with my new set up..

I shall be getting an oil and filter change soon then I will be booking it in for mapping. Just need to sort out the rest of the exhaust system, then all systems go :D

A few before and after pics so far...

Supercharger

1.jpg

1st Turbo conversion

3bdb710f.jpg

2nd Turbo conversion

DSC00142.jpg

The car is now in the bodyshop having some scratches taken care of on the wing and bumper. A nice present from the time it was sat in the garage :angry:

We still need to have a chat about your air filtration arrangement though. We gained another 40hp on a race Civic last week by removing what you currently have fitted ;).

Yeah it's on the list along with everything else :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links