Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Work Being Done

Great news mate :D

May be a dumb question but, you have forged internals design for running boost? Are they not designed to lower the compression ratio by having shorter con rods, only a mad thought.

Yes mate. The internals are forged and did lower the compression ratio. With the thicker 'uprated' head gasket the comp was lowered further. So the mapping was done to that comp ratio. So hopefully by trying to lower the comp ratio on the pistons I should have the same original comp ratio as I had when the car was mapped.

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so u mean ill acutally have my target car to beat ? woho welcome back . hope your not selling it

Cheers man. Yours is an Altezza so it doesn't count - different car :lol: Still probably sell it though at the end of the year ;)

Are you going to exchange the pistons or did I get something wrong?!? :unsure:

The pistons got designed for 9:1 CR.... so this was not enough? :blink:

But any way so happy to hear about your project to be continued..... so glad for you buddy!! :blush:

But any way so happy to hear about your project to be continued..... so glad for you buddy!! :blush:

No mate the pistons were fine. :)

After the trouble I had, the pistons are now ruined so I need new ones. The compression of these are going to be lowered further because of the difference in size of the (now fitted) head gasket to the thicker head gasket that was originally fitted.

I was going to fit TDI's lower compression pistons but unfortunately we didn't know if the compression would be correct for what I wanted. Mark kindly offered to measure my old piston against theirs to see where we stood. But with time seriously against me to make it to JAE, I took the decision to get ones made up specifically for my spec as this is the quickest solution. I also know that they will be spot on for my needs

No mate the pistons were fine. :)

After the trouble I had, the pistons are now ruined so I need new ones. The compression of these are going to be lowered further because of the difference in size of the (now fitted) head gasket to the thicker head gasket that was originally fitted.

I was going to fit TDI's lower compression pistons but unfortunately we didn't know if the compression would be correct for what I wanted. Mark kindly offered to measure my old piston against theirs to see where we stood. But with time seriously against me to make it to JAE, I took the decision to get ones made up specifically for my spec as this is the quickest solution. I also know that they will be spot on for my needs

So the pistons got damaged during the last blow up?? :crybaby:

I thought they were just slightly scraped or something... :unsure:

Are you going to reproduce those pistons you got from me?

They were made for 600BHP, 550NM and 9000rpm :shutit:

But maybe it doesn't depend on internals to take that power, the engine itself should also take it. ;)

So better to get down to 8,5:1 or something..... :)

• 5 weeks later...

Crunch time. I'm off to find out if the car will be ready for JAE. (A year later). As AGAIN its took far too long, so i'm ready to kick some 'eads in. If it wont be ready then I very much doubt the car will make a meet with me at all. As its one thing after the other.. Fingers crossed :crybaby::unsure:

Pistons still haven't arrived yet. They are in transit so expecting them any day now. Which is a bit upsetting as a deal was made with the manufacturers and was promised 3 weeks tops which is now just over the 3 weeks..

The head work is completed and looking very good indeed. I'm very happy with how that has turned out. Also the crank has been polished. The block is being returned tomorrow from being bored. So everything is being fitted and made ready. all is needed are the pistons then everything can be put back together. They are still hoping for the weekend, but as with everything that goes with this car I doubt it.

The new pistons are also oversized so the block has been bored out 1.25mm. which should make the car around an IS210

Pistons still haven't arrived yet. They are in transit so expecting them any day now. Which is a bit upsetting as a deal was made with the manufacturers and was promised 3 weeks tops which is now just over the 3 weeks..

The head work is completed and looking very good indeed. I'm very happy with how that has turned out. Also the crank has been polished. The block is being returned tomorrow from being bored. So everything is being fitted and made ready. all is needed are the pistons then everything can be put back together. They are still hoping for the weekend, but as with everything that goes with this car I doubt it.

The new pistons are also oversized so the block has been bored out 1.25mm. which should make the car around an IS210

Nice one mate, hope you get your car to jae :D running this time

Know what you mean about parts coming on time :angry: was told new wheels would be here in june, still not got them yet, still in the US :angry:

Hey bud, best wishes to get it finished for JAE man, after all that bad luck you had!! :whistling:

Hope you can really get it sorted, I will be doing 3.000km in the hope to

get an impress of your ride man. :blush:

Mike :winky:

Hi Adie

Glad to hear that there is some progress at last.

It is normal practice to bore the cylinder block to suit the pistons, so I'm concerned about it being done before the pistons have arrived. It's certainly worth ensuring that the bore clearance is 100% correct before they re-assemble it otherwise it could be either too noisey (like it was before) or too tight (leading to a seizure).

Better safe than sorry mate :unsure:

Bet you can't wait to get it back :D

• 3 weeks later...

Oh you lucky lad :D

Congratulations mate and I'm glad to hear it... After what I can gather has been a Hell ride for quite some time (after reading and listening), I'm happy to now read that you are going to reap enjoyment at last.

When you've finished whizzing about in it, take the time out to let us know what has gone on and how you now rate the car...

Kind regards and congratulations,

Jamie

I've got 1000 miles to do to run it in before I can start having some serious fun with it. So far it feels very strange to drive at the moment. I keep pressing buttons thinking what does this do. I can't remember driving a Lexus so its like a brand new car again. Just getting used to driving it and all the buttons and gadgets.

The actual car drives lovely around town and dual carriageways with out using any boost. Its a lot perkier too than normal. Probably because of the free flowing exhaust / manifold and the head work, larger pistons etc. One thing that is annoying me at the moment, until I get used to it again is the clutch. I've nearly stalled the car a few times on hill starts and had some slight juddering because the clutch is cerametallic. But I'll get used to it again in time and it'll be perfect for when the car is running full boost and for performing launches.

I've got a new large K+N cone filter ordered so when it arrives I can get a hard pipe made up for it. At the moment I've just got part of the viper filter attached.

Oh and the car is in a desperate need for a clean so I'll be out with the clay bar and porter cable polisher at the weekend. :D

I'll post up some new pics too :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links