Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Qq - Anyone Know Approx Milleage Left When Petrol Light Comes On?

derekyau

Long thread on it HERE mate.

Concensus seems to be around 60 miles but that depends on how you drive. I reckon I got about 50 left in the Tezza but never pushed it that far, most was 40 and that was OK.

Hope that helps :D

Concensus seems to be around 60 miles but that depends on how you drive. I reckon I got about 50 left in the Tezza but never pushed it that far, most was 40 and that was OK.

Cheers MacRS200.

Must have missed that thread I do always worry a little when the light comes on... :duh:

D.

I would say 40 to 60 miles as well.

I would ignore that GS thread - the fuel gauge doesn't totally work on the sensor in the tank on the GS so gives strange reading sometimes.

I would say 40 to 60 miles as well.

I would ignore that GS thread - the fuel gauge doesn't totally work on the sensor in the tank on the GS so gives strange reading sometimes.

Thanks Colin. Was on the M25 coming back from Northampton over the weekend, and had another 7 junctions or so to go, and the needle was nearing 90 degrees, which looks a bit too worrying for me, so turned off earlier hunting for a petrol station!

If it can go for another 40miles or so, then I could have made it :)

we should have a competition to see who can go the furthest once the light comes on :hehe: before running out of petrol

make sure you take a full petrol can with you though

I once did 72 miles with the fuel light on in my manual IS200.

It was the most nerve-wracking journey I've ever done :)

Almost all motorway and I didn't venture over 60.

It took 68litres when I filled up.

Hello.

At what point does the fuel light come on, I have had my IS for about 6months and i havnt seen it yet, lowest i normally get is half way between quater and empty...normally just quater.

Would just like to know if it works.

Hello.

At what point does the fuel light come on, I have had my IS for about 6months and i havnt seen it yet, lowest i normally get is half way between quater and empty...normally just quater.

Would just like to know if it works.

It is around half way between empty and 1/4. Looks like you just missed it :)

The last three times my low fuel light came on, I refuelled almost straight away, putting in between 59 and 61 litres, suggesting that it comes on with 10 litres remaining in the tank.

That would be about right. I've driven 57 miles after the low fuel light came on and to refuel to the brim took just over 68 litres. Thought I was chancing it that day so try and refuel before I exceed 50 miles after the light comes on in the IS200.

No, don't think so as long as I've got the satnav positions of the petrol stations I can usually get to a BP station and some more Ultimate within 50 miles :whistling: . Don't do it very often as I usually drive the 250 and haven't worked out the same comfort zone for that one yet.

No, don't think so as long as I've got the satnav positions of the petrol stations I can usually get to a BP station and some more Ultimate within 50 miles :whistling: . Don't do it very often as I usually drive the 250 and haven't worked out the same comfort zone for that one yet.

your a braver man than me ;)

As soon as my lights on (if not before hitting empty) i'm topping up :)

over here for 98 is the equiv of 76Pence a litre and now i think that is expensive - but it is one of the few places I know where petrol does go up and down in relation to the crude oil cost.

• 3 weeks later...

According to the IS200 manual (if I recall correctly), the light comes on with 10 litres remaining. From experience in mine, it came on somewhere between 12 - 15 litres remaining.

It's a 70l tank, so, next time it comes on, check your mileage and fill up soon and do the maths (assuming you know how far you've driven since you last filled up).

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links