Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Important Please Read - Very Important

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...nce&f=124&id=10

please see above link

If you receive an email from the club please do not click the link.

Has the board been hacked?

In my case the email came to the email address (a unique alias) which I registered with and invited me to click a link to an executable.

Smelt a rat straight away.

Peter

I had three of these, but Norton put them in the Spam folder even though LOC is in my friends box.

If you check the message source, you will find it's from nobody@nemises,icocndns.com. Definitely not LOC

after trying to get onto the LOC web-site earlier today, i had 7 different trojan's on my PC in the lab where i work!!! :o

sorted it now, but wondered if something wrong!!!!

this is why i don't run windows on MY PC!!!!1 :D

I take it we are talking about the email that starts..

"We have made a small tool for our site, I think you will guess what to do with it...."

and then gives a web link starting "www.lexusownersclub.com............"

I would have thought LOC would be more secure with our data, no harm done (to me anyway!!).

Anyone know what would happen if the link was clicked?

Just wondering, :whistling: its like I have a big red button in front of me saying 'DO NOT PRESS'

I will send it to a mate and find out what it does to his system, will let you know when he calls me to tell me all about it!!

i feel left out i didnt get one :(

Hmm. Me neither :o

Wah! :crybaby: I want one!

I got the email .... but from TOC

"http://toyotaownersclub.com/RsT.exe"

Me too and one from Lexus Owners Club USA... well actually two from each.... and i opened them all :crybaby:

Strongly suggest you get your anti virus up to date (the definitions) and run a full scan.

There's a 1 year free trial of CA E-trust here

D. :winky:

I haven't received an e/mail, but I did get problems yesterday afternoon when I tried to enter the site. My Norton Antivirus told me it had intercepted a worm, and my IE tried to divert me to somewhere called something like "trafficbiz"

Luckily no harm done, and it's fine today.

IanB :D

I've had a couple of weird e-mails as well, no name, no subject and no content. I assume that AVG has stripped the lot out so it has done it's job.

Like others have said above make sure your anti virus is up to date. I use AVG Free edition and it is set to up date definitions and do a full scan every morning at 06:00 and so far I have had no problems. It is completely free for private users.

Download AVG Free Edition

Yeah I received the email and oops i clicked on it.

It downloaded spyware tothe C drive and slowed everything to a stupid amount. I only managed to get rid of it by doing a full sweep with McAfee and doing a system restore to the previous day.

As was said, abit disheartening to have the clubs site hacked and sent on to members. Ive warned the other clubs Im with though.

I take it we are talking about the email that starts..

"We have made a small tool for our site, I think you will guess what to do with it...."

and then gives a web link starting "www.lexusownersclub.com............"

I would have thought LOC would be more secure with our data, no harm done (to me anyway!!).

Anyone know what would happen if the link was clicked?

Just wondering, :whistling: its like I have a big red button in front of me saying 'DO NOT PRESS'

I will send it to a mate and find out what it does to his system, will let you know when he calls me to tell me all about it!!

mate.. the data is secure as it ever will be. Nothing is secure unless it is not plugged to the internet. In no way were LOC incompitant at managing it. It is the forum software that has the holes and IPB have had alot of cases these last few days.

my suggestion would be to use a free web address such as Gmail and forward all mail from Gmail to your own address... Gmail will not deliver mail with viruses anyway. Then change the address in your profile.

This is a very rare thing.. and it happens to many websites

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links