Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

England Flag On Your Lex

kam05

Driving into work this morning and spotted an IS200 plastered with England flags.

Will you be putting England flags on your Lexus to support our boys in the world cup?

I'm in two minds, of course I want to show my support for our boys in Germany, but do I want my Lexus all 'chaved up?'

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will you be putting England flags on your Lexus to support our boys in the world cup?

Not a chance. I will however be showing my support through the consumption of alcohol both here for the first match and then in Portugal for the remainder of the group stages :D

Sunny days, beer and footie - perfect. And obviously wouldn't be the same without the wife [in case she ever figures out how to use a PC and finds this post :o ]

a very good comment from a website i visit

" So the world cup is coming, and we the so inventors of the beautiful game our now acting more patriotic then ever before. Which really means, we are all buying cheap tacky symbols of are great nation such as 99p St George / England flags and hanging them from windows, roof tops, fences, and pretty much anywhere else we can stick them on too. If decorating our houses wasn’t enough, we can buy anything from face painting kits to full blown pimp my ride “st George style” tacky rubbish! Granted the wind resistance made by flying crappy flags from a car is no doubt minimal, but when you’re talking 1000s of them spread over almost every car you see, you can’t help wondering just how much extra fuel is being burnt by these thoughtless individuals! Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for people supporting there teams in anyway they want, but copying everyone else, isn’t the way to do it. It’s almost like if you haven’t got a flag adorning every window and door you have access too, you’re practically viewed as some sort of Nazi!

To be honest, as much as I would love to see my country win this tournament, I just don’t think I could take the gloating, the celebrations, and general bull $h!t that would have to go along with it. My g.o.d they still rave about us winning it 40 years later, g.o.d knows what it will be like the week later! But before I am accused of being an unpatriotic *uck , who has no respect for the million pound a week footballers we have sent into the game on our behalf. I do honest wish them all the luck in the world, ("go team england and all that") and if people were not so annoyingly fanatical about it, I might even like it!

My point has nothing to do with the game itself, or people who enjoy it. It’s the whole false over patriotic nonsense that annoys me! Remember: Feel free to let world cup fever sweep you along with it, But copying you're friends and neighbours, or impulse buying at the pound shop has nothing to do with national pride! "

Oh I say old boy, how very common and working class :ban-em: Not a f****ng chance

:lol: agreed

Anyone else got anything else other than a flag (England teddy's, coffee cups, Y fronts, Bras etc). Only family viewing pic's please.

There's a Cortina Mark 5 in Leicester, a white one with Red crosses on the doors, mudflaps, and bunting hanging from the aerial...

And 2 houses on the A563 (Between Saffron Lane and Asquith Boulevard - the sameones that go for it at Christmas) that are very colourful....

PS No way would a flag go anywhere on my shiny car!!!!

It makes me laugh how those of you that say the england flags are chavvy ?

I'm Turkish ........ and I would display a Turkish flag.

If I was English, I would support my foot ball team and display my flag .......... ?

Either way, I don't care about football ... so I wouldn't display any ......... however, it make me laugh when you say it's chavvy ?

So, the BIG exhaust you put on your car, is that alright ?

What about the spoilers .... bodykits .... and all the stuff you put on your lexi' ? I suppose that's ok ?

Who is to judge what is chavvy and what isn't ............. if you want to put a flag on your car, and you are proud to support your country, then good luck to you !

:yawn:

It makes me laugh how those of you that say the england flags are chavvy ?

I'm Turkish ........ and I would display a Turkish flag.

If I was English, I would support my foot ball team and display my flag .......... ?

Either way, I don't care about football ... so I wouldn't display any ......... however, it make me laugh when you say it's chavvy ?

So, the BIG exhaust you put on your car, is that alright ?

What about the spoilers .... bodykits .... and all the stuff you put on your lexi' ? I suppose that's ok ?

Who is to judge what is chavvy and what isn't ............. if you want to put a flag on your car, and you are proud to support your country, then good luck to you !

:yawn:

Which part of Turkey Scarface??

They get the chav vote from me though despite what you say.

Bodykits, providing they are taseful are fine, as are performance exhausts. Difference being, big zaust on big cars or big engines is ok.

Its when small cars with poxy engines smaller than say 2.0litre put big zuasts on to sound bigger and better than they actually are, thats chav!

Even if I didnt have a Lex, I woulndnt put one on. Sends out the wrong signals if you ask me.

Bodykits, providing they are taseful are fine, as are performance exhausts. Difference being, big zaust on big cars or big engines is ok.

Its when small cars with poxy engines smaller than say 2.0litre put big zuasts on to sound bigger and better than they actually are, thats chav!

Says who though ? ........ society ? or what.

Just because it may be 'globally accepted' to do something to your car, you (not personally) deem it not to be chav, but the next person will deem it to be chav and vise versa.

Who is the judge?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links