Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

England Flag On Your Lex

kam05

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its when small cars with poxy engines smaller than say 2.0litre put big zuasts on to sound bigger and better than they actually are, thats chav!

I guess that makes me a chav then :duh: my little CRX has a 1.6litre engine nd has a bigger exhaust than my IS.

How can you say anything under 2.0litre with a big exhaust is chavy!!

Oh and my poxy small 4cyl car with a 1.6litre engine, pushes out over 10BHP more than the IS200 with a 2.0litre and V6 from factory :unsure: ....and soon to get an even bigger exhaust when it will be pushing out more than 100BHP over the stock IS200.

People just jump on the chav bandwagon because it's the in thing at the moment. If you don't like what other people do, then that's fine as you have a right to your opinion, but I find it offensive when people go on about chavs, ricers etc, I would go as far as calling it a form of racism.

Anyway I'm off to the seaside as I think the sun has got to me :P

Ash

I've just been reading through this and I also don't get why flags are chavvy (not sure that's a word, but gonna keep using it anyway :P ), I've mostly seen them on family cars or vans

I wouldn't mind having one myself but don't like those ones that clip on the window - if there was one i could stick on the end of the aerial, there'd be a flag on my car :winky:

I'm sure we all have different perspectives on what being chavvy is, but if there were two of the same car parked next to each other, one modified, and one standard with a flag on it, which one will most people think is chavvy.......? ;)

Not just an English thing either....saw a Brazilian flag flying from an RX in Houston this morning. Only one I've seen here although World Cup soccer is at least recognised as being almost on a par with the Superbowl!!

I ditto what Scarface said, well put mate, i'm of greek decent, born in england, live in Dagenham, some might say its chav city, but i see nothing wrong with putting a flag in support of your country on your car, its all a bit of fun apart from those who take it too seriously!!

Those who say they wouldn't put a flag on there Lex, would you wear an England shirt!?

Anyway, i am not displaying a flag on my car but i am displaying my support for England with a tiny aerial rubber flag thing which is subtle enough for my Lex!

And if Cyprus were playing i would have one of each!

Again, well said Scarface!!

Its when small cars with poxy engines smaller than say 2.0litre put big zuasts on to sound bigger and better than they actually are, thats chav!

I guess that makes me a chav then :duh: my little CRX has a 1.6litre engine nd has a bigger exhaust than my IS.

How can you say anything under 2.0litre with a big exhaust is chavy!!

Oh and my poxy small 4cyl car with a 1.6litre engine, pushes out over 10BHP more than the IS200 with a 2.0litre and V6 from factory :unsure: ....and soon to get an even bigger exhaust when it will be pushing out more than 100BHP over the stock IS200.

People just jump on the chav bandwagon because it's the in thing at the moment. If you don't like what other people do, then that's fine as you have a right to your opinion, but I find it offensive when people go on about chavs, ricers etc, I would go as far as calling it a form of racism.

Anyway I'm off to the seaside as I think the sun has got to me :P

Ash

All I meant, was that big zausts are ok if you have the power. Ok, using 2litre or less is a bad example. If you enjoy doing what you do to your cars why take offence if someone does not agree, and lets face it, its not a form of racism.

It makes me laugh how those of you that say the england flags are chavvy ?

I'm Turkish ........ and I would display a Turkish flag.

If I was English, I would support my foot ball team and display my flag .......... ?

Either way, I don't care about football ... so I wouldn't display any ......... however, it make me laugh when you say it's chavvy ?

So, the BIG exhaust you put on your car, is that alright ?

What about the spoilers .... bodykits .... and all the stuff you put on your lexi' ? I suppose that's ok ?

Who is to judge what is chavvy and what isn't ............. if you want to put a flag on your car, and you are proud to support your country, then good luck to you !

:yawn:

2 things.

1. your actually proud to be from an occupied terrority? I mean Cyprus had its independence for 2 minutes before the Turks invaded and took half the country for themselves... causing the rightful owners 30 years of fear and resentment... IMO, you really shouldnt be proud about that Ahmet...

2. Your confusing someone paying a quid for a crappy piece of plastic to stick on their car with national pride.

I always find it funny how people suddenly become patriotic during the football (and strangely, not on St Georges day) - me, i'm proud to be English (and british) day in, day out, regardless of football, rugby or cricket. I dont need to stick a St Georges cross on my car to say so..

We all have our own opinions and at the end of the day what does it matter if someone chooses to have some light hearted fun by displaying a flag when it comes to the world cup, at the end of the day it doesn't matter where you come from we should all enjoy it together and have some fun, after all, its a sport!

Good luck to whoever your supporting!!

Flags themselves are not chavvy, it's what they impliedly represent. There is nothing wrong with having national pride and supporting your country's sports team. There is something wrong with national pride becoming bigoted and unrespectful of others.

An example:-

I was playing cricket on Saturday and stopped between innings to watch the match at the local village hall. Some of the village was there and apart from cricketers, they were all wearing FULL England kits and the cars outside ALL had England flags on them. When someone light heartedly said Come on Paraguay they shouted back saying "F*** off you greasy wop, seriously F*** off before you get hurt."

That's why the flags are associated with chavvs.

Good luck to England and I'll support them in my own way, whether ostentatiously or not. Flags are ok in my book, the secondary association with unqualified patriotism is not.

Talking about chavvs is about as racist as talking about toffs.

2 things.

1. your actually proud to be from an occupied terrority? I mean Cyprus had its independence for 2 minutes before the Turks invaded and took half the country for themselves... causing the rightful owners 30 years of fear and resentment... IMO, you really shouldnt be proud about that Ahmet...

2. Your confusing someone paying a quid for a crappy piece of plastic to stick on their car with national pride.

I always find it funny how people suddenly become patriotic during the football (and strangely, not on St Georges day) - me, i'm proud to be English (and british) day in, day out, regardless of football, rugby or cricket. I dont need to stick a St Georges cross on my car to say so..

Ian, let's not get political OK ?

I'm proud of being from North cyprus ............ so that's the end of it.

I'm sure you was there PERSONALLY in 1974 when the civil war happened ? I'm sure you were there personally when my uncle died from an unprovoked attack in 1973 by the so called 'enemy' before the war happened ?

I think you will find the answer to that is NO ............ so I'd rather you not mention it.

Moving back on topic ...........

Thanks.

2 things.

Ian, let's not get political OK ?

I'm proud of being from North cyprus ............ so that's the end of it.

I'm sure you was there PERSONALLY in 1974 when the civil war happened ? I'm sure you were there personally when my uncle died from an unprovoked attack in 1973 by the so called 'enemy' before the war happened ?

I think you will find the answer to that is NO ............ so I'd rather you not mention it.

Moving back on topic ...........

Thanks.

hey, were all entiteled to our opinions...

i know greek cypriots, so obviously im going to have a biased opinion, your from the turkish side, so you have yours... there are 2 sides to every story..

you brought up cyprus, so you cant complain about me commenting about it being off topic, especially after your rant...

my other point is quite prevalent though, a lot of english are only patriotic during the world cup...

I actually had the DISGUST today to see a blue RX300 with 5 FLAGS on it today in Milton Keynes!

Sad sad sad...

L.

Fair play to the Geezer :winky:

Was a bird ... she was quite hot too... hmmm

:o

L.

I actually had the DISGUST today to see a blue RX300 with 5 FLAGS on it today in Milton Keynes!

Wow, that sounds like one cool Lex owner.. :duh:

Just to cool........ :P

I personally dislike flags on cars. but people are welcome to do what they want.. as long as it doesnt fall off and damage my car.

What if it was a Lexus flag? WOuld you still dislike flags on cars? Now that's an idea of a genuine Lexus accessory :tomato:

my other point is quite prevalent though, a lot of english are only patriotic during the world cup...

how do you know that ?

because they put the flags out, when something like the world cup is on, what do you expect them to do , walk about in st george crosses 24/7

patriosm is something people feel, they dont necessary have to show it

the world cup is a great excuse for people to show off and outwardly show their patriosm

this country and most others only show that patrioticism when needed to be shown, we are not forced to support or love our country, unlike some other countries, but we have free choice, from what i see there is a lot of people choosing to support england, that can only be a good thing !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links