Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Turbo

The middle bit from the top bit

080320071185.jpg

Tried to unscrew it and it snapped, just need those bits but now u say that i need a threaded bit to go into the block as well.

The sensor screws on to the end of this so that can be plugged straight back in. Just need that middle and top bit in the photo grrrr so angry

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lookin good mate, ou'll get there in the end, im busy having problems with a few more expensive than cars at the min and with massive t/c's!! oh and theres 4 of them lol!!

Loads of fun!!

Chris

Ok well thought today could have been the day.

Got some new T pieces from camberly Autos and fitted them

This is the 2 piece the empty one is for the oil pressure gauge

110320071193.jpg

The one on the left is the original and the one on the right the new one, the new one has got a slightly bigger bore, i take it this wont make any difference??

110320071195.jpg

BOV flange arrvied and got it fitted

090320071186.jpg

on car

100320071188.jpg

Turbo on

110320071198.jpg

Down pipe on but only could get 3 of the 5 bolts in as the last 2 holes dont line up, Gav did u have this problem ???

110320071199.jpg

Went to start it up and it just turned over and over and over. Dont know why it wont start, there wasnt any oil getting pumped up the oil turbo feed line, not sure why ????

Also one for gav or dave, does the oil cooler have a certain way round u have to connect it, i had to take the hoses off to fit it to the car but then didnt know which way round to connect them, so just guessed, couldnt see any arrows or markings???

Well gotta wait till next weekend now, another week of walking :(

ellz.............that hole you have cut out weakens the whole car. I'm concerned about the structural integrity

Its been strengthened the other side Dave the metal wasnt really that thick but the guy who did the work, works on Race cars etc, he seemed ok with it, i suppose we'll find out soon :crybaby:

But dave your oil coolers do they have a certain flow direction, im not sure why the car wouldnt start

Make sure you've not got flow and return crossed over.

Which is which tho ??? there no markings or anything, thats what i was asking dave for ??

Not sure mate. You could try swapping the sandwich plate ends over the other way and see what happens?

Which is which tho ??? there no markings or anything, thats what i was asking dave for ??

Not sure mate. You could try swapping the sandwich plate ends over the other way and see what happens?

Yeah might give that ago, i wouldnt have thought that it would have stopped the car starting tho, im just a bit worried that there was no oil being pumped up the turbo oil feed, even turning the car over i would have thought that it would pump oil up the oil line

Yeah might give that ago, i wouldnt have thought that it would have stopped the car starting tho, im just a bit worried that there was no oil being pumped up the turbo oil feed, even turning the car over i would have thought that it would pump oil up the oil line

Have you not just fitted an oil pressure gauge? or just temp?

Have you not just fitted an oil pressure gauge? or just temp?

Oil pressure in the oil turbo feed having the oil temp in the sump plug.

PM'd you there Elliot.

About the down pipe flange. We did at one stage have all 5 bolts in so it deffo fits. when I re-fitted the turbo my self after rebuild, I could only get 4 bolts in. you need a very long socket extention for a couple of them as you have to tighten them from under the car.

The progress is very quick though but I guess it would be seeing as everything has already been fitted before. LOL.

You will have to get a few vids up when it is finished as I miss the sound of a turbo'd IS lump.....

:excl: i cant believe you cut the front chassis inner leg........................after all that was said........

Me neither :blink:

its been strengthen from the other side, this piece wasnt that structual theres a gap of about 4 inches to the main leg.

The only time i think it could be a problem is in a crash but im not fussed about that.

And also theres nothing i could do apart from cut it out

:excl: i cant believe you cut the front chassis inner leg........................after all that was said........

Me neither :blink:

its been strengthen from the other side, this piece wasnt that structual theres a gap of about 4 inches to the main leg.

The only time i think it could be a problem is in a crash but im not fussed about that.

And also theres nothing i could do apart from cut it out

whatever elliot, u obviously know better.........

that BOX section you have cut is a major structural part of the car.........and mr MOT man if he sees it will fail it........fact!!

you can add as much to the other side you want, you obviously have little understanding of box section and its part in structural stability, see the round stud inside the hole.....thats where your subframe is bolted to the BOX SECTION.....

what you have now done is add a stress raiser into what is basically one of the 2 most crucial parts of the front of the car........

in your attempt to get this done as fast, and cheap as possible your taking dangerous short cuts, you admit to not fully understanding mechanics at a greater level, you ask for advice, even expert advice, yet still choose to ignore it......... :excl:

Aido, there is no crumple zone anymore..!

that leg would just fold even in a very slight knock now, not to even contemplate when the car is being pushed a little on the road or track.....the leg looks like it will just fold in if there was an increase in side loading, the only thing actually supporting that chassis leg now, is the actual engine subframe, what elliot has done is now double the stress that the left hand chassis leg has to cope with, im utterly utterly shocked.....

honestly elliot, you have made a Huge and dangerous mistake

Yes it can, what should be done is to scallop the area using curved steel, this adds strength, back into the form

this scalloping should be at a very minimum, following the curve, of the item that fouls the area concerned,

Well that's the good news then. Whatever Elliots response is to this thread, at least the issue can be resolved if he wishes to.

Jamie

Yup it will be getting welded back in the chap who came over sudjested a garage to do such a job tho so when it goes up to TDi to get mapping etc i will have a chat to see what can be done, the cars barley going to be used until it gets mapped as its going to run really crappy with the fueling. The only time its going to be drivin is to yours matt to get that fueling system put in then it will be off to TDi, just gotta wait for u to get back :) you go away at the most inconvient times :lol:

Well that's the good news then. Whatever Elliots response is to this thread, at least the issue can be resolved if he wishes to.

Jamie

Yup it will be getting welded back in the chap who came over sudjested a garage to do such a job tho so when it goes up to TDi to get mapping etc i will have a chat to see what can be done, the cars barley going to be used until it gets mapped as its going to run really crappy with the fueling. The only time its going to be drivin is to yours matt to get that fueling system put in then it will be off to TDi, just gotta wait for u to get back :) you go away at the most inconvient times :lol:

More importantly i need to find out why its not sparking :( its so annoying

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links