Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Altezza Upgrading And Servicing

Kavey

Hey all

I've been toying with making some upgrades to my RS200 Altezza, such as the Stage 1-4 TDi stuff. I've had it 2 1/2 years now, and whilst I throw a bit of octane boost in every so often for a thrill, despite running it exclusively on Optimax, I could do with a bit more low-end & acceleration response.

As it is, currently I've only modified the exhaust to let the system breath more easily, but as I've got a bit of cash for a change I wanted to treat my baby.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience of the staged upgrades from TDi? Are there alternatives to look at? I'm not really in a position to fit stuff myself, but fancy a bit more ooomph from the car. B)

I'm also toying with upgrading the wheels to 18" as the tyres on the original 17"s are getting worn, and to be honest, those rims have seem a few close encounters with the odd kerb :P

Any suggestions on where I can find some cool wheels that fit the Altezza wheel hub?

Also, where do you guys get your cars serviced in London? As you will know, Lexus won't touch em, but I use Jemca in Edgware in North London at the moment, but I'm sure I can do better. Do you guys know of any reputable garages that know how to take care of Altezza's (properly!)? :)

As you might be able to tell, whilst I'm a great driving enthusiast, I'm pretty new to the upgrading game... ;)

Thanks, Asam

I just so happens Asam, I know where there is a set of 18" wheels for sale that would fit your Altezza perfectly............... :D

Click Here for the perfect set of 18's..........

hehe

Thanks for that. I've seen the original 18" ones that lexus do and thought they looked really nice and clean, but not quite as stylish as the original 17"s. I've got the Limited Neo Customised 'Z' edition body kit on my car as shown, and am really looking for something a little more akin to it's styling... ;)

Incidentally, what are you offering em @ ? :)

kvcar.jpg

Yer nice car pal.

Saw a silver Altezza near Heathrow on Monday, not you was it?

Nah. Thanks for the compliments though - I really love my Altezza - I loved the IS200 as soon as I saw it but always felt it underpowered. When I found out about the more powerful raucous 4-pot, it had to be MINE!

I actually broke my ankle on Xmas even so haven't been able to drive my baby for a month now :( I can see it from my window, looking longingly, but unable to give it a quick burn. Imagine my devilishly dismay when it snowed recently and the evil sliding instinct remained unquenched with me having to stay at home with my foot elevated :angry: I've got another month in a cast... boy that car's gunna get a seeing to when I can drive again :yahoo:

The most I can do is pop out once a week to run the car briefly to keep a charge in the Battery... and to listen to the stereo :D - I replaced the original Japanese unit with a sweet Kenwood Double Din from Japan with a JDM Dash conversion kit - http://www.kenwood.com/j/products/car_audi...0wmp/index.html

It sounds sooooo great.... I have to sit in the car to listen to music at its best ;)

Asam

I've been there Asam, I broke my ankle last may and couldn't drive the car for a couple of months that was the most upsetting thing of the whole breaking a bone experience.

Nice looking stereo, well the pictures look good anyway, couldn't understand any of the text!

I get mine serviced at Hadleigh Lexus - they seem more than happy to help out

Love the body kit, and the stereo looks pretty awesome. Let me know what you find out, I reckon the turbo sounds like a bit of a laugh - a third more power....

In New Zealand Toyota bring in Jap imports and run them through their factory to make sure they are up to warranty standards. The only manufacturer to do it, and an excellent idea.

I am also looking for more mid-range in my 3SGE, and was hoping to alter the VVTi. However I can't find anyone who has touched it, it is all too new and too expensive. I assume altering the oil chamber bleed will alter the valve timing.

The answer appears to be a small turbo at 5-7lbs boost. I think the TDi kit is this. You don't need an intercooler or change of injectors as far as I can determine, but you do need a supplementary ECU.

Look through the Japanese clubs using babelfish to translate. They have fitted turbos and done a whole range of mods. The pages also have the costs and the criticisms in perfect Chinglish

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

and

http: //relax.on.arena.ne.jp/altezza/

I found a page that listed dozens of Japanese car clubs and web pages.

good luck-¿

Kavey,

all the work that has been done on my motor has been done by Mark and the team @ TDI I can tell you that you will get an outstanding service from them and they give a Gold discount!! I'm going back to them for the next load of upgrades on the car.

Cheers

Si

So they do servicing too, or do you mean just the upgrades? I think TDi are the only real choice for proper upgrades in the UK - though I know in Japan the Altezza's have a lot more tuning options.

I reckon going Gold is the way forward :) I'm filliing out the form right now and the hardest question is what sticker I want! Does anyone have any images of what the two stickers look like? ;)

As a matter of interest, is there a list of places that offer discounts to Gold members?

Finally, as mentioned about the servicing (we seem to have got well off topic?) thanks for the info about Hadleigh Lexus. Does anyone know any other places (Lexus or not) that can service an Altezza properly, or should I just stick with the somewhat expensive Jemca? (Do Jemca give a Gold discount by the way?)

Thanks all.

Asam

I reckon going Gold is the way forward :) I'm filliing out the form right now and the hardest question is what sticker I want! Does anyone have any images of what the two stickers look like? ;)

As a matter of interest, is there a list of places that offer discounts to Gold members?

once your membership has been processed, you will gain access to the exclusive gold members forums.

Once within those hallowed walls, you will find the Automotive Related Discounts listing - a veritable treasure trove of dealer, tuners, performance parts, styling parts and insurance - all discounted.

You will feel like a child in a sweetie shop mate!

:D

• 1 year later...

ahh Asam,, your back.. wahooo.. so how goes it, everything cool..

hope to see you soon back at the Ace when it warms up a bit..and you can drive that is.

yep Tdi do servicing, Dave Ellen gets his s/c nosed IS serviced by them. Tdi have also doen all my mods so far, and although you may grumble a bit on price, the job they do in my opinion is second to none. give mark a ring and have a chat or better still see about going down there, i will be going down there within the next month, if you need a lift or something let me know..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links