Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Getting A Wii Tonight?

Brettster

Im hoping to go pick up my Wii tonight, it's preordered so im hoping that i'll get it !!

Argos and Woolworths have been short shipped their allocation so there's gonna be alot of unhappy people this weekend im sure.

Is anyone else as crazy as me and picking up a Wii at midnight?

Nope. Sticking with the 360 at the moment but I might look into getting one in the New Year if they're any good.

kazi would be but its the first nintendo product he hasnt got on day of release! I'd probably get one if there was a really good game I'd like but Ive never really enjoyed zelda so It's a bit of a waste for me at the mo.

Craig

Some really dedicated gamers on here.

TBH i am still disappointed with the 360. Completed Gears of War in 2 nights sitting.

It just sits there gathering dust now.

Mate the 360 has more then one game you know..........dust it off and buy another game!! :P

I picked up my 360 at midnight too, before then I didnt even wait for official uk launches I used to buy all my games and consoles imported.

I got the wireless force feedback steering wheel for the 360 last week, plays great with PGR3 (which comes with it) If your looking for something else to play on your 360 pip, I agree about gears of war, too short and multiplayer doesnt interest me.

I've paid some student 10 quid to stand in the queue all day for my Wii. :D

haha good on ya :)

Some mad people are paying upto and above £460.00 for just the Wii console on eBay today. They only cost £180.00 and there's a slim chance you could just turn up to your local asda and get one tonight at midnight. Crazy people.

Hmmm might pop in to Asda on the way home and pick up an Wii for eBay lol

I shall be getting one if not today, very soon. Love my Nintendo products and the company itself. They have core values and in my opinion the very best games developer.

If i can find a piece of plastic to swipe and find one in Reading on Saturday as I have not pre-ordered, then I have one in my possesion! Think there great, innovative and the virtual download console is very appealing! Re-live them Goldeneye moments! :D

i have heard from a few people that the Wii Controllers are rubbish, alot of them have come flying out of hands when throwing them about and straight threw tv screens and their mums lovely flower collection :lol:

I imagine common sense and a simple firm grip would prevent that im sure...... :tomato: :D

Well I got mine, no problems, was up till 4am playing it with my mates.

the wiimote is very very accurate and works exceptionally well. The virtual console games, well look the same as they did in the old days. but playing F Zero on a 50" HDTV looks like its made of lego lol. But it still plays as well as it did back in the 90s. You would not throw the wiimote at your TV or anything else unless your an idiot. it has a wrist strap and there's no way it's going anywhere.

If anyone wants one I checked at asda last night after picking mine up from HMV as they were short shipped one of the games I wanted. Asda had 1 left :) anyway the lady there said they do not take pre orders. and you basically have to be there. but she did say you can phone them and if they have one in stock they will reserve it for you till the end of the day. my local one said they would have another 15 consoles coming on saturday. I doubt you will get one at any of the games shops as they were taking preorders and said they are struggling to fulfill them.

Got the Wii and had to hire a bunch of security guards on the way home from Peterborough last night B) B) .

I want to add some pals to my Wii Mii list (damn that sounds so stupid) so that I can play them over broadband multiplayer as my girlfriend keeps telling me to stop playing with myself.

- Paul :D

can you post your friend code too? we both need them for it to work

which is silly but thats how it works :(

Super Castlevania and Rtype is due out by xmas on the virtual console. so im looking forward to them. :)

Well ive played on mine for around 30 hours so far 25 of those have been on the new Zelda game which has to rank as my game of the Year, without doubt. The controller is incredibly responsive and deadly accurate and its alot more than just a gimmick.

I've had all kinds of non gaming family members wanting to have a go, especially the Bowling and Tennis games, Nintendo have really cracked onto something unique here and the adverts on TV seem to be working well on the non gamer population. Graphics dont compare to the 360. but you dont need them for the kind of games on the Wii.

All in all if you can manage to buy one Id say give it a go, set it up with a few friends and you'll have never had so much fun in front of the TV. Xmas is going to be fun this year :)

P.S. It runs on DVD discs and also plays Gamecube discs. and you can download Mega Drive, Super Nintendo. N64, PC Engine Games and Nes games into the virtual console too.

I'd say my game of the year would have to be "find the pork sword", the birds round here love it :lol:

Am planning on picking up a Wii at some point though, sold the Xbox360 as I never used it, kept the Xbox for XBMC and Mame and various other emulators and that's it really!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links