Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Paypal Refunded, Yet Has The Item?

Anees

Hello,

My cousin has bought a PSP from eBay for £126. He recieved the item a few days ago and now the seller has refunded his paypal payment, saying that he didn't have any in stock. The seller obviously hadn't realised that he had already sent the item out!

The seller has now realised his mistake, and is asking for £100 back only (minus the £26 postage). This I think is more then fair.... :)

But does my cousin have to pay him anything??

Obviously Ethically and Morally I have strongly told him to pay him - but apart from bad feedback I don't see what the seller can do?

My cousin will pay him, but its an interesting situation......... :duh:

Not much he can do but id pay him he had the decency to refund the money when he didnt have the item in stock which shows good faith on his part most sellers only give a refund as a last resort and it would make him feel a lot better that you have paid for the item!!

He was honest with you, we are all human and make mistakes, he was good enough to give you a refund,so I would give a refund.

Are you happy with PSP.

Put yourself in his shoes, would you like to lose £100.00

All the best

Paul.

Legally there is nothing the seller can do, its his mistake. I personally would tell him where to go for the inconvenience caused and buy some games with the money.

? Don't agree sorry.

Have you seen your text at bottom.

Karma "What goes around, comes around and hits you back twice as as hard"

All the best

Paul.

Legally there is nothing the seller can do, its his mistake. I personally would tell him where to go for the inconvenience caused and buy some games with the money.

Pip, I don't agree with that. He made a mistake and I personally couldn't take advantage like that. I would pay him in an instant, but my cousin doesn't think the same as I.

Just shows that PayPal don't seem to offer a great deal of protection to sellers, but it is his fault in this case.

I know of a trader on another forum, that recieved payment for goods via PayPal, and then 2 months later he got charged back by the customers credit card because the customer said he never recieved the goods (which of course he did because he picked them up!).. Lost about £850 quid! :(

paypal, what a joke...

i had that situation sort of...

Sold a phone to a guy in poland... sent it.... 6 weeks later he claims he never recived it, sent proof of postage etc and photos of parcel etc etc... paypal decided to refund him £120 out of my account, get a nice email from him 2 weeks later saying thankyou for the free phone!!!

Sent it to paypal, who said there was no proof that it was real and said the matter is closed.... bunch of *****

paypal, what a joke...

i had that situation sort of...

Sold a phone to a guy in poland... sent it.... 6 weeks later he claims he never recived it, sent proof of postage etc and photos of parcel etc etc... paypal decided to refund him £120 out of my account, get a nice email from him 2 weeks later saying thankyou for the free phone!!!

Sent it to paypal, who said there was no proof that it was real and said the matter is closed.... bunch of *****

they can only refund him if you had left the money in your paypal account....... always take it out straight away! did you go to your C/card company- could have claimed the money back

Sorry but I don't agree either, there may be no legal action the seller can take, but what inconvenience has been caused. Money paid by PayPal, goods recieved, refund through PayPal.

The seller has made a mistake and asked for the sale price less postage so effectively 20% less than the buyer was prepared to pay in the auction. Result really, I would just pay up.

Anees, tell your cousin that if he does not refund the £100 immediatly I will arrange for the fleas of a thousand camels to infest his *****. :lol:

:lol: You can't choose your family... :yawn:

I've told him that the seller will have his address and can send some boyz round if he doesn't pay up! :lol:

He has said that he will pay up tomorrow.... I will check. ;)

I'd pay too... really depends on the persons own morals, i know friends who love it when a shop assistant gives them back too much change.... they see it as "her loss my gain"...

How many people knowingly walk away with from a till with too much change? .... i corrected two assistants at the tills over christmas where one had bagged a toy and never scanned it and the other tried to give me extra change.....they didn't even say THANKS.... but it felt right!

Didnt know your father used this site Fluff?

oohhhh come on that the best u can do? surprised you didnt come out with a "yo momma" joke but then again you do give the impression of having the IQ of roadkill. :D

There are a lot of tree huggers on this site lol!!

What has tree hugging got to do with this anyway. Save a miniscule number of electrons not to post may be approaching a "green" attitude to this thread :lol:

Like Peter says it basically about honesty and integrity.

Just to add my Cousin DID send him payment via PayPal :)

@PIP - Man..... I hate soppy tree huggers, but come on.....this is about honesty and integrety. If you could live with defrauding someones honest mistake then that says what your like as person, but always try to think what its like for the other side.

You maybe be a big/fit person on the outside, but maybe you need to look at yourself morally. :)

your wrong zoolander, the seller has every right to ask for the money back, comes under the Law of Redemption.

Would anyone buy steroids from this twisted fool?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links