Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need New Tyres

my front tyres are desperately low on thread, should have got new ones when i bought it, lexus bolton agreed to change them but didn't and i never complained. only been 6 months and need new tyres. its the inside edge of both tyres.

two things, can anyone recommend somewhere cheap to get tyres on them in the north manchester area, as i'm finacially screwed at the mo, and secondly, why would it wear so much on the inside edge of both tyres, doesn't sound right to me.

national tyres wanted £185 for 2 tyres, can't afford that.

thanks for your help

ps they are the standard 17'' wheels on an is200 se

my front tyres are desperately low on thread, only been 6 months and need new tyres. its the inside edge of both tyres.

... and why would it wear so much on the inside edge of both tyres, doesn't sound right to me.

Tony Bones wil be along in a minute or two with a fuller explanation I've no doubt..but it's well recorded on this forum that the OEM suspension geometry settings for the first generation IS can cause this problem, and from information received could have a similar result on the second generation IS.

why would it wear so much on the inside edge of both tyres, doesn't sound right to me.

Is the car lowered? could be bad camber adjustment, Tracking maybe out, do you drive your car hard through corners although i think thats the outside part of the tread.

tyre pressures good?

you can get cheap tyres online, i got my winters from www.mytyres.co.uk or .com

alot of places do part warn's, however i wouldn't trust part warns.

i had the same problem with my car until recently, 3 tyres where wearing thin v v v fast, infact in 3 years i have had 14 new tyres :o . (they all looked brand new from outside but were worn to the thread in the inner side) until i found the time and went to a place Anees recomended in Oldham and got a geometry test. it showec that my wheel alignment was way out, they sorted it for me. Since then car drives better, and grips better cuz wheels now are obviously getting a fuller grip on the road.

I would recommend Hankook Ventus Sport as the tyres, very reasonably priced and good quality,got them on mine. very good grip. Infact my cuz has got a tyre garage and has got these tyres on his twin turbo supra..........so they must be ok :D

i had the same problem with my car until recently, 3 tyres where wearing thin v v v fast, infact in 3 years i have had 14 new tyres :o . (they all looked brand new from outside but were worn to the thread in the inner side) until i found the time and went to a place Anees recomended in Oldham and got a geometry test. it showec that my wheel alignment was way out, they sorted it for me. Since then car drives better, and grips better cuz wheels now are obviously getting a fuller grip on the road.

I would recommend Hankook Ventus Sport as the tyres, very reasonably priced and good quality,got them on mine. very good grip. Infact my cuz has got a tyre garage and has got these tyres on his twin turbo supra..........so they must be ok :D

Like Smuver says, you could do with a Geometry check, as does sound like your camber is way off. I use Drury Lane Service Centre in Oldham, as well as myself, Smuver and other members have had good results with them.

Can't recommend any tyres, since I have Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 (which are fantastic) but pretty expensive at almost £100 a corner for 18". Hankook I have heard are not bad.

my front tyres are desperately low on thread, should have got new ones when i bought it, lexus bolton agreed to change them but didn't and i never complained. only been 6 months and need new tyres. its the inside edge of both tyres.

two things, can anyone recommend somewhere cheap to get tyres on them in the north manchester area, as i'm finacially screwed at the mo, and secondly, why would it wear so much on the inside edge of both tyres, doesn't sound right to me.

thanks for your help

Hello mate,

Try Oldham Tyre & Exhaust on Chamber Road, Oldham, 0161-628-8929.

Speak to the owner called Tony or the manager called Bob and tell them Pejay sent you:winky:

They will do you such a good deal you will be shocked with free fitting and balancing!!!

I have been using them for over 20 years now and recommended them to many many people. Everyone that have gone there found that although you have to wait a while (because their so busy!!) they are the cheapest in the north west!!!

Hi,

I've used www.blackcircles.com and they have been good.

They arrange fitting at a local garage for you, so it's really easy.

I also fitted 4 budget tyres to my IS200. Even in this crappy weather, they have been fine.

The 17's are coming out at 56 quid each fully fitted. Bargain.

I have used Camskill before, usually quite competitive and excellent service:

http://www.camskill.co.uk/brands/online_ty...ct_tyres_uk.php

Got em delivered and then took them for valves/fiting/balancing at a local place for about £10 a corner. In the end saved over £160 over the quote from the same local place that fitted them! (on a set of 4)

Also once got a set of Toyos for a good price from here:

http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/

thanks for your help

If the inner wear is about 10% of the total tyre width then you are another victim for the historical IS200/300 tyre wear problem... Basically Lexus got the Geometry dynamics wrong so the stock positions if retained will continue to wear the tyres... Wim wrote new positions some years ago and these are available in the clubs knowledge base... Please note though the final results do depend on the cars initial readings so sometimes the best solutions are made on the fly, so to speak.....

Just replaced two FALKEN ZE512 rear tyres after 22,000 miles with Marshal for £59 each, fitted VAT etc.

Could have had more if I'd bothered to check the pressure. My front tyres wear unevenly, must have them checked before long. Interesting about the Lexus geometry being wrong from the start. The tyre places say they could last anything from 5,000 to 18,000 so I shouldn't complain really.

thanks for your help

hi

try nexen 3000 tyres, thses are cheap and are also extra load rated tyres which the lexus originally had dunlop 9000 develop especially for lexus, as with the wear, common fault with camber/castor settings on the

lexus, assuming nothing else wrong with suspension, get the settings from the website and go to somewhere who knows how to use a four wheel alignment gauge and who can alter your camber/caster settings when they

track the car after the tyres have settled on the rims after a couple of days or 100 miles or so, keep an eye on the tyre pressures (all around 33) as the rears tend to wear in the middle so drop them slightly until they are the same all over and no middle wear . with the fronts keep them up a bit +1/2lb to put load into the middle more and off the edges.

hope this helps

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links