Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Most Who Have Met Me Know This

wildrnes

OK, are you sitting down wildrnes. Just had nearside front and rear doors replaced on my IS200SE after both nearside doors got badly dented in an accident. It was an insurance job, but as the car's registered to my business I got sent a copy of the bill as I'd to pay the VAT myself. Charges were as follows:

Front door: £269.39

Front door moulding: £68.19

Front door inner cover: £6.14

Rear door: £241.81

Rear door moulding: £22.50

Reardoor inner cover: £6.14

Front wing protection (whatever that is?!): £15.74

Sundry Parts: £12.60

Rust protection: £9.00

Paint & Materials: (£209.23 less 10%): £188.31

Less parts subject to 2.5% discount: £16.06

TOTAL: £1404.25 + VAT

And I've since spotted they fitted the wrong design of door rubber moulding! However, they've admitted that was their error so are replacing those.

I can sympathise! :(

Gareth

The estimate I got was for paint and labour only (insurance companies have the parts prices) and included replacement of one rear door (even though it wasn't too deeply damaged - not just the outer skin), repair of wheel arch, polishing the rear wheel and spraying door/wheel arch plus blending into the front door. Cost £1300.

No details?! That's rough. Did you get the plate - you can report them for failing to stop. :angry:

It took 2 months to get mine repaired and I'm still waiting to see if I'll get my excess back. The insurance companies are fighting it out. It was such a pain to see the car looking a mess for so long. :crybaby:

ok who edited my first post eh

and why ???****el rotary engine is not a swear word its an engine we are on a car site after all

hmm - wasn't me who editted it.

but...

those particular four letters, when arranged in that specific order (come on - you know the letters AND the order I am talking about :P ) - form one of the words that is automagically changed to ***** - so chances are you post wasn't modded by anyone - the forum software caught it.

Condolences dude,

But sooo glad to hear that you have caught the little shinola who did it! that is a stroke of luck.

Now if you cant get him to cough up may I suggest you allow your inspiration to be drawn from the film Daredevil?

Justice will be found!

Loz

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links