Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mods Update, Ongoing Project :-)

Well got bored again yesterday and being as i've been after a set of Clear door lenses for a bit now, I thought sod it and made a pair instead :D will get a pic up later to see what you think? They look quite good as there made out of some interior light panels that i can get hold of so look quite original, I put some blue LED's in and they are very bright as they seem to spread the light out quite a bit

So quite happy with the end result and it only took me about 15/20mins to do the pair :D

And I've thought of a different design that i think will look quite good so i'll be making them later and post the pic's to see which 1's to use?? :winky:

Hi Chris, i know it was a long time ago but, do you have or know anyone selling a set of clear doormarkers ?

Cheers mate

Tommy

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done a couple of little jobs today due to boredom again, :whistling:

I decided to enamel my brake calipers as they were looking tired and crap :huh: So went for a gold enamel for a change instead of the black hammerite like i did last time B) Just got to get some more Caliper stickers to finish them off now :) The gold paint even has real GOLD in it :lol:

As i was painting the calipers i decided to tidy up some of the other bits so out came the black paint and away i went again, and painted a lot of the rear subframe and other bits, also did a few bits at the front :)

Exuse the pic quiality i used my phone :blink:

Before

DSCF1179_edited.jpg

After

DSCF1180_edited.jpg

DSCF1176_edited.jpg

DSCF1172.jpg

DSCF1169_edited.jpg

DSCF1191.jpg

Oh and i went out to my car this morning to find some :tsktsk: had pinched my only decent Fog light :tsktsk: and left me my crap one :tsktsk: So ended up removing the other and now got to find another bulb plug as they ripped the wiring out of the other one leaving 2 bare wires :tsktsk: So my lex is looking a bit evil at the moment? :whistling:

DSCF1196_edited.jpg

DSCF1194_edited.jpg

Nice job there Chris you are certainly keeping yourself busy. Are you going to replace the fogs or look for something a bit different !

Cheers matey :D

Not sure what to do about the fogs at the moment, the 1 i have left is really crap and not worth putting back on, but will have a search to see if i can find a cheap set? or i could fit the ones that i turned into vents a while ago just to fill the holes :unsure:

Yeah, that is very interesting. Looks like part number 81231-50010 will fit the IS300, can't imagine that the IS200 would be different.

Just phoned Lexus and list price is £2.77 plus VAT for that part. Wow, cheap ! :ohmy:

5chulzy posted a link in another thread mate for the clear door markers! could have lost out there mate! lol

Also you have Pm.

Stav

Yeah, that is very interesting. Looks like part number 81231-50010 will fit the IS300, can't imagine that the IS200 would be different.

Just phoned Lexus and list price is £2.77 plus VAT for that part. Wow, cheap ! :ohmy:

5chulzy posted a link in another thread mate for the clear door markers! could have lost out there mate! lol

Also you have Pm.

Stav

Dont mind mate, it saves me doing them :lol:

The fogs do look good mate, i like.

Cheers mate, they still need the inner edges finishing and the small lights fitting but they fill the holes at the moment :whistling:

Another thing with them mate, is that you can fit piping to the rear of them either for getting extra cooling for the brakes or on the drivers side fit a pipe to feed the induction kit? :)

Great job !

Which bit Stevie the calipers or the fogs mate :lol:

Guess I wasn't very specific, was I ? :lol:

I meant the fogs specifically, they look great, especially if it was just something you made up quickly to fill the gap :ohmy: :D

The callipers look nice too. I *really* must sort mine out, I've got all the paint, stickers etc. Only trouble is I don't have a driveway :crybaby: so it's much more of a pain to do, best place is probably the small car park immediately behind my house.

Great job !

Which bit Stevie the calipers or the fogs mate :lol:

Guess I wasn't very specific, was I ? :lol:

I meant the fogs specifically, they look great, especially if it was just something you made up quickly to fill the gap :ohmy: :D

The callipers look nice too. I *really* must sort mine out, I've got all the paint, stickers etc. Only trouble is I don't have a driveway :crybaby: so it's much more of a pain to do, best place is probably the small car park immediately behind my house.

:lol: Cheers mate, :D

I made the fogs a while ago but never fitted them, just havnt got a choice at the moment and still got to finish them off :whistling:

The enamel on the calipers looks a bit rough in the pics but they have now dried out quite smooth, And the gold paint is like a metalic pearl due to having real gold flake in the paint :D Just need to get some more stickers now :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...
Made another engine cover due to my engine looking pants :( But this will hide the horrible wiring again :)

DSCF0947.jpg

Got to get another left side VVTi cover now as the one i have is falling to bits :huh:

Looks great Chris, Any chance you still have a template for this???? Or even a piece of paper that you can make a rough template???? Really want to make one of these now, although mine will have to be different as the prolex induction will foul on it :(

Keep up the good work mate, how's the clock going??? :P :P

Jason :)

Made another engine cover due to my engine looking pants :( But this will hide the horrible wiring again :)

DSCF0947.jpg

Got to get another left side VVTi cover now as the one i have is falling to bits :huh:

Looks great Chris, Any chance you still have a template for this???? Or even a piece of paper that you can make a rough template???? Really want to make one of these now, although mine will have to be different as the prolex induction will foul on it :(

Keep up the good work mate, how's the clock going??? :P :P

Jason :)

Cheers Jason :D Yes i now have a new template for the cover matey :)

Think it would still be ok for your induction kit mate, as yours comes straight down to the front of the cover then across? the only bit i can think of that you might have to change is the bit where the breather pipe comes from on top of the engine on the left, maybe just make the gap a bit smaller?? or leave it like it is and fit a button filter?? :)

Yes mate my clocks working great :lol: still loving it too, Thankyou :D Will have to post a pic up to show everyone :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links