Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

My First Mod

I KNOW ITS SIMPLE BUT YET VERY EFFECTIVE, HOPE YOU LIKE

car012rv8.jpg

SIDELIGHTS- 501 9XBLUE LED

car013ix0.jpg

CLOSE UP

car009kk4.jpg

REAR NUMBER PLATE- 501 4XBLUE LED

car010no9.jpg

CENTRAL DOME- 31MM FESTOON 9XBLUE LED

car008ny0.jpg

MAP LIGHT- BAS9 4XBLUE LED

I ALSO HAVE THE bulbs FOR THE SUNVISOR LIGHT AND DOOR LIGHTS BUT THE SUNVISOR bulbs ARE TO BIG, GOT SOME NEW ONES ON ORDER, AND IM WAITING ON THE CLEAR DOOR LENS, I WAS THINKING OF GETTING THESE TO FIT CLICKY

IVE ALSO GOT SOME BLUE LED bulbs ON ORDER FOR THE REVERSING LIGHT AND THE BOOT LIGHT

I DEFINATLEY WANT THE DIALS, SWITCHES AND CONTROLS IN BLUE NOW

ILL GET SOME MORE PICS UP WHEN DONE

NEXT MODS- MOTORISED DVD SCREEN, SPOILER, SPORTS GRILL, BLUE DIALS

How come you haven't been pulled yet by the police with those numberplate lights?

I'd definitely change those back before they pull your pants down!

Blue side lights are ok, although if they are too bright you will get pulled, when main lights are on, they should be drowned out and not visible.

The lights on the licence need to be clear and illuminate the whole plate (the LED's seem to target areas instead of the whole plate)

maybe i have gone over the top, agree with the number plates, could be better. i didnt know they were illegal anyway, i only put them in yesterday as i had a spare set, i took the pics last night, so i couldnt be bothered to change them back. could i use these for the number plate click here

are blue reversing lights illegall, coz ive seen afew pics of cars with them on and ive already ordered the bulbs, hope they are ok?

what sort of set up has everyone else got?

i do like the look of the blue interior bulbs, i think they look good as they are not used all the time,only getting in and out of the car, im not gonna be driving around at night looking like a smurf.

i might look into getting a better quality bulb to get a better result

i cant see a problem with the side lights to be honest, if you think about it, you only have them on when its "getting" dark and as soon as your headlights go on, the blue will vanish (in theory)

Blue internal lights look good, if you wish to have them on at night your best integrating a switch into your dash area. (its easy and clean to do)

To be honest, reversing lights shouldn't be a problem, lets face it, there only on for a few seconds depending on your parking skills.

i fitted these to my vectra

1002.jpg

Any lights facing forward cannot be any colour other than white. My mate got done for having blue front led sidelights. He nearly got done for impersonating a police vehicle. Im sure its the same in the UK

You can buy them in the shops, although i never read if they where road legal, i've had them for over 3 years and never had any probs (plus living next to a police station) :whistling: to be honest there not that noticable in daylight, the pics he put up are pitch black so they stand out.

saying that, i dont know the law so i cant truley argue a point. :shutit:

Blue reversing lights dont effect your MOT, there not actually part of the test.

They always check my reverse lights at the MOT as they are a legal requirement to be working just like brake lights.

As for the front lights any other colour than white is illegal although you can get away with some bulbs that have a blue tint but solid blue light is classed as impersonating a police car! On the packet that the bulbs come in it should say on it whether they are for road use or just show use. But if they are illegal then i'm sure you'll get the attention of the police soon and they should just ask you to remove them and that should be it! If you dont get pulled you have no problems :D

They check to make sure they work as any external bulb that doesn't function should be a fail!

Depends on the test center though, my sisters beetle failed on a front fog being out yet mine passed at another garage. :unsure:

If it were me i'd change the side lights and number plate bulbs before i took it for the MOT so i didnt have to take it back for a re-test once i'd changed then.

I like what you've done though! I've never been a fan of the number plate and side light change, but the interior is great ! you should get a sports grill next (around £35 painted and inclusive of vat from Lexus) then drop a blue neon behind it, looks great when you're showing your car at night!!

Keep it up, variety IS the spice of life and the more diverse the car the more variety there is on the roads, and in here! :)

thanks for everyones replys

has anyone change the bulbs in the sunvisor, it looks like a household fuse but its not its a bulb, i cant find any anywhere, ive tried putting a 31mm festoon in but it dont fit properly, any ideas?

im gonna sort the number plate out, i must admit it looks crap and it isnt worth the hassle of getting pulled by pc plod

ive been thinking of upgrading my standard HID bulb to 8000k,don know what value it is at the moment but its not that blue, (im thinking 4500k) and get matching HID's for the main beam and fog light. Does anyone know what ones are the best, ive seen some cheap ones from japan and america on fleabay but i need some advice as im not to sure on what im looking at. i dont want to spend a fortune, i could probally stretch to £300 for the lot (h3 kit, hb3 kit and d2r bulbs, all 8000k)

funds are low at the moment, i might have to look down the back of the sofa for some more pennies.

do you know whats the bulb type for the sunvisor? i may be able to match some for you. ultra bright ones!

i think they are a 198 fuse bulb, ive search everywhere for them and cant find any, if you can get some ill definatley be interested, cheers

what type of bulbs are needed for the internal light in the centre of the ceiling and can you get them in RED?

these are the bulb types for my 04 is200 limited edition, dont know if its any different for older or different models, hope it helps

interior light central dome - 31mm festoon

interior light map light - ba9s

sunvisor mirror light - 198 fuse bulb (cant find any though)

door lights - 501

aceparts should do all the bulbs in red, blue, green and white apart from 198 fuse bulb

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links