Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

How To Tell Which Model

Stetz

I was wondering this the other day, as i was in a lexus dealer i seen a lovely grey IS sport which had sport in fancy writing on the rear fly windows. Now i'm thinking mine is not a sport as which i was told it was when i was buying it. So how do you know ??

I was wondering this the other day, as i was in a lexus dealer i seen a lovely grey IS sport which had sport in fancy writing on the rear fly windows. Now i'm thinking mine is not a sport as which i was told it was when i was buying it. So how do you know ??

HI mate well....

sport model has rear tinted windows with the sport logo on the fly windows,alloy sport peddle`s,alloy scuff plates,small rear spoiler with built in brake light in the middle,short shift gear stick,and sits 15mm lower than the se...

but hard to tell that from outside the car lmao

so let's put it together then...

EDITED LIST **********

IS200 Sport

S doesnt have a Sunroof or Stainless/Alloy pedals

S model came with 16" wheels

S model came with cloth interior

SE doesnt have the Stainless/Alloy pedals but does have a sunroof

SE & Sport have uprated 8 Speaker Stereo/CD with seperate amp behind the Glovebox

SE & Sport have Half Leather interior with electric front seats (driver only on early models)

Sport does not have an Auto Gearbox

Sport does not have a short shift gear stick

Sport has Stainless/Alloy pedals and a Sunroof.

Sport has Sport Sticker on Rear Door Quaterlights

Sport has Tinted Rear Windows

Sport has Alloy scuff plates

Sport has Lowered Suspension 15mm

Sport has 2 Tone Steering Wheel

Sport might have Small Rear Spoiler with built in brake light in the middle on later models

Sport has (lol @ Gord) LSD

but hard to tell that from outside the car lmao

so let's put it together then...

IS200 Sport

S doesnt have a Sunroof or Stainless/Alloy pedals

SE doesnt have the Stainless/Alloy pedals but does have a sunroof

Sport does not have an Auto Gearbox

Sport has Stainless/Alloy pedals and a Sunroof.

Sport has Sport Sticker on Rear Door Quaterlights

Sport has Tinted Rear Windows

Sport has Alloy scuff plates

Sport has short shift gear stick

Sport has Lowered Suspension 15mm

Sport has 2 Tone Steering Wheel

Sport has Small Rear Spoiler with built in brake light in the middle

Sport has (lol @ Gord) LSD

S model came with cloth interior

only later sports came with the brake light in the spoiler

and i am sure didnt come with a short shift

you could always call a dealership with the vin number and they'll tell you exactly what it is!

mines got most of the extra's found on an SE (except half leather interior headlight washers and sunroof) the dope selling it tried fobbing me off that it was a higher model than an S even after i pointed out the differences. so i rang a dealership with him present and they put him straight!

you could always call a dealership with the vin number and they'll tell you exactly what it is!

mines got most of the extra's found on an SE (except half leather interior headlight washers and sunroof) the dope selling it tried fobbing me off that it was a higher model than an S even after i pointed out the differences. so i rang a dealership with him present and they put him straight!

Yep some people thiink the ''S'' means Sport :o

SE & Sport have uprated 8 Speaker Stereo/CD with seperate amp behind the Glovebox

The early S models (up to 07/2001 came with the 17" 5 spokes wheels)

The 8 speakers stereo with separate amp was part of the GPS option

Is there an executive model, as i seen different alloys to the usual lex alloys in 17', they where a flat 12 spoke style (not after market). Mine also has sat nav so i'm thinking that that is my model ???

the newer models have 11 spoke alloys, could be those you've seen

I've just noticed you're in Ireland? If so, we may all be confusing you here as I believe the spec levels in the UK and Ireland were different........you may indeed have a Sport as you were told, but the spec would be different to a car in the UK.

Also I do believe there was an "Executive" model in Ireland (not in the UK) but I have no idea whether this was the equivalent to an SE over here, or if it was different.

Sorry that doesn't really help you much, but if you're unsure, a Lexus dealer would easily be able to tell you the answer as others have said :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links