Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Toothache!

Rob's Lexx

Been up for the last 36 hours with a bad case of toothache!!! :crybaby::tomato::crybaby: :tsktsk:

got an emergency appointment at the dentists earlier and now have a temporary makeshift filling type thing till the new year. But i'm still in agony and the painkillers aint doing too much.

Just wondered if the combined wiseness of LOC had any home remedies to relieve toothache??

I've tried whiskey, brandy and vodka so far. and even went to the length of chewing cloves. Still no joy (although I am starting to feel a little merry :lol::whistling: ).

Cheers in advance

Rob

Kick the bedpost in your bare feet. Stubbing your toe really hurts and it will make you forget about your toothache..(for a little while anyway!)

Sorry mate I do sympathise with you, toothache is the worst sort of pain. Just keep up the brandy input until you flake out.

Then in the morning you will have a hangover and maybe that will hurt more than the toothache.

A completely useless post that has been NO help at all to your suffering.

if he had an abcess the emergency dentist would have drained it and then prescribed a course of amoxicillin or if youre alergic to penicillin then something like erythromycin to clear the remaining infection-i doubt its that.Unless he didnt want to drain it-for a good reason,either way he would have diagnosed abcess.

has your tooth become slightly elevated?was the there a sudden onset of pain,which gradually got worst after a couple of hours/days?if yes to the above then perhaps you do have an abcess-either way youve been sent away for a good reason.cos an abcess is baby stuff for a dentist and he has very little reason not to treat it immediately.

I could see if I could get cream off my sister to numb the gum a bit, might help but only short term :)

That's a bit extreme isn't it? Couldn't you get it out of a pot or a tube? . . . . . :whistling:

:lol:

theres always one that has to lower the tone.

yep, on 7 days of amoxycillin (250 mg, 1 x 3 a day).

he did mention an absess, and drilled away at my tooth, put some anti-inflammatory cream in there and covered it all up with a temporary filling.

Not slept again all night and started to get a little peeved off with it all!!

I honestly can't believe how painful proper toothache is!! I always thought people exaggerated, but now i know better!!

@Lee, mate, i had some pliers in my hand last night and was gonna do the job myself, but would prefer not to have a gaping hole in my pretty tooth assembly :lol: :lol:

yep, on 7 days of amoxycillin (250 mg, 1 x 3 a day).

he did mention an absess, and drilled away at my tooth, put some anti-inflammatory cream in there and covered it all up with a temporary filling.

Not slept again all night and started to get a little peeved off with it all!!

I honestly can't believe how painful proper toothache is!! I always thought people exaggerated, but now i know better!!

@Lee, mate, i had some pliers in my hand last night and was gonna do the job myself, but would prefer not to have a gaping hole in my pretty tooth assembly :lol: :lol:

yep then the pain will disappear soon.he would have drained it as much as possible,and prescribed the botics just incase,although its rare for an infection to be able to hang on after the draining.-good luck.

ps try and use sensodyne when brushing-even tho your teeth may not be sensitive-it does help in alot of cases,just to take sensitivity away from the area in general

You have my sympathies mate I know what it's like.

I had a bad one a couple of years ago, went to the dentist who gave me antibiotics. Got so bad I ended up getting the Mrs to bring home a disposable scalpel and slicing my gum open to drain it off. Worked a treat though.

There are also gels you can get from the chemist that will numb your gums etc for a bit.

when my dentist removed a wisdom tooth he took a small piece of jaw with it too and that ached for weeks so i know how you feel

You have my sympathies mate I know what it's like.

I had a bad one a couple of years ago, went to the dentist who gave me antibiotics. Got so bad I ended up getting the Mrs to bring home a disposable scalpel and slicing my gum open to drain it off. Worked a treat though.

nice!!

i think there is infection below a filling or something like that. either way it ****************** hurts!!

Am currently on dihydrocodeine with paracetamol, ibuprofen, and the antibiotics. Pain is still there but hopefully after another 24 hours the antibiotics will be doing there stuff?!?!

cheers for the support/words of wisdom. I know toothache doesn't sound all that bad, but if you've ever had it properly, then i guess you know where i'm coming from.....

I can really sympathise with you, I few months back I had the most horrific tooth ache, and I didnt have a dentist, I was awake for almost 72 hours with constant pain, I went to see an emergency dentist who put in a temp filling and told me I need to see a dentist !!!, I booked myself into the dental hospital who took an xray, said the tooth needs either a root canal or extracting so I said take the bugger out, they said sure, come back in a month and we will take it out !!!, I even went to see my GP as the pain was so intense, I tried all methods I could think of, Clove oil, ibuprofen pain killers, gels you numb your gums with, nothing touched the pain as it was the nerve in the tooth being attacked by bacteria, eventually I found something that worked.

Sliced cucumber cold from the fridge, pushed onto the gum seemed to work for about 15 mins then I had to change to another cold bit, and I found icy cold water to do the trick too, only problem with the water was I had to keep getting a mouth full of water to numb the inside of my mouth then spit it out and get more every 5 mins or so, no sleep, but also no pain. eventually the nerve died and there was no pain but it took about a week. Never again !!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links