Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Owners Club Cancer Research Team

Two questions.

1)  Why do my projects show up as SmallPox projects and not Cancer ones?

2) I assume that when I sign up an additional PC its WU totals are added the LOC team?

torrent,

sometimes the company behind it "rent out" the grid network to other projects (such as smallpox, anthrax research etc).

You can change your setting s to only do cancer research work units if you like - it will be in your project home page settings.

Even though my reason for doing it is Cancer Research, I tend to leave mine processing whatever units they send me as

a - these tend to be short lived campaigns

b - they bring money into the organisation who run it, and therefore help fund the cost of the cancer research

As long as you sign up on every PC with the same name, then the LOC team will get the points

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

before doing something drastic like re-installing, try this.

give it the three fingered salute (ctrl - alt - del) and bring up the task manager.

click the processes tab

find the process called ud_nnnnnnn.exe - end this process (where nnnnnn is a number)

this aborts the work unit you are currently working on, and forces the download of a fresh one - could be a corrupt WU.

then wait until that is processed completely to see if it updates your stats.

let me know how that works out for you mate?

Thanks Matt. I have done as you said and now I'm waiting for it to complete the task to see if it updates my stats.

Also, I notice that the Task CPU Time (left) is counting, should the Total CPU Time (right) be counting as well, or is this only updated when the task is complete?

Also, I notice that the Task CPU Time (left) is counting, should the Total CPU Time (right) be counting as well, or is this only updated when the task is complete?

The Task CPU time is how long the agent aoftware has been working on the current work unit - this updates in real time.

The Total CPU time is how much time you have contributed in total, this is updated as each completed work unit is returned

;)

I was thinking that too Mitch - still have the IE / kazaa problem?

Have you tried installing IE6 with the service pack yet? (Kazaa lives on the 'back' of IE using some of it's support files). There are quite a few differences in 6 and a full install often replaces or re-registers bad DLL's

Just a thought.....

Matt - should be around after next week or so. Still on for lunch one day at the Village?

Matt - should be around after next week or so. Still on for lunch one day at the Village?

Certainly am Mr Geoffers ;)

late in the week is best for me in Warrington, tend to be London first few days.

you can show me your snazzy sidelights trick - and I can try and talk you into doing mine for a crate of beer :P :lol::lol:

matt and geoffers- no pc is still messed.

geoffers- i tried to download the new IE explorer i downloaded the file but the install wizard wont install most of the files to run the updated IE explorer.

its defianltly my pc not letting it do it. also the problem i am having is listed on the microsoft IE site and says its a common problem and gives a patch to fix and update it but again my pc will not allow installation :angry:

matt tried to reset the pc totally but no luck. the disk i told you i had only has some of the main programs i got with it. like Ahead Nero etc.

tried the system restore program. it says choose a date when you want the PC to be restored to as it was on that date or something like that but it wont let me go past March the 8th??? i need to go to about december time or January i think.

so to put it simple guys...............no luck

Thanks Matt. I have done as you said and now I'm waiting for it to complete the task to see if it updates my stats.

Ifraz

sorted mate - you are in and contributing work units! (3 so far!!!)

Mitch - you got your 'puter sorted yet mate?

I'm flying through them now :ph34r:

Just try stopping me... B)

• 5 months later...

I'm glad that I have come across this and just want you all to know that research works! I am alive because of it (testicular cancer - 13 years ago) and so is my wife (hodgkins disease - lymph cancer - TWICE! over 25 years ago). So what are you waiting for? :D

I cannot sign up on works PC and not hooked up at home until father christmas comes - will do it then.

Lost my mum to cancer 5 weeks ago after a four year battle of chemo / bone marrow transplants etc.

The people who work on research and in hospitals are so committed they deserve medals ...

Gutted I can't sign up now.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the peeps in the company who should be building PC's decided that the 25 needed for my project were going to be built y them so guess what I was doing today...

To bring this back to topic, I have installed the client and signed it up for teamlexus on each of the 25 machines (also a couple of servers :whistling: ), so over the next week or so as I roll each one of these machines out that'll be another 25 machines contributing to both cancer research and teamlexus....

We're going to be replacing all of the machines in the office, I wonder if I could sneak the client onto the ghost image :whistling: :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links