Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jae 08

Monster-Mat

for several months now the organisers of JAE havnt been saying much, so much so that most clubs are getting quite annoyed.......

have your say.....it wont make much difference, but at least your voice will be heard :tsktsk:

JAE forums

no steve wasnt......i have direct contact with them, but thats not the point......

they decided a few years ago to take on the role of organising JAE......and in my opinion thats when it started going down hill.........when it moved from billing.

they have a forum there to speak with the clubs........they should use it

it really is important to keep the pressure on......lets put it this way the Managing director of The Organisation.org Claire Williams hasnt been seen on the forums since the end of the last JAE

the operations manager John Fuggles logged in on the 2nd december but ignored the posts

here is the websitre for the company, pass it around and get peeps to start asking...."WTF is going on"

The Org.....

Looks like Peterborough is definately out as the dog show has the usual JAE weekend (19/20th) & the last weekend in July is definately TOTB Link with dates here

11& 12th July is EDC @ Santa Pod which will no doubt attract many a Jap owner/enthusiast & BDC round 5 is on the 19th

Clubs are now looking at organising an alternative possibly back at Billing ;)

this is quoted from the JAE forums

by John Fuggles

For the last few years Claire an I have been running JAE and in that time we have seen it grow whilst still retain the spirit and of what the event is all about. Throughout the years the event has become a bigger and bigger thing to manage and I for one have never taken a penny in profit from the event. Similarly Claire has only ever taken money to cover her costs in all that time. Yes it is a big event and yes there are a lot of people, but this kind of thing costs a lot of money to put on.

After being backed into a corner last year by the showground we decided to look at how we could keep the event alive and make it even better. As a result of some discussions a company came forward to take the show over and run it professionally. For months we have been in discussions with them and recently they have stopped returning our calls despite giving us a verbal assurance and a handshake on taking over the event. Now it seems they may not have been honest to their word, which saddens me greatly and Claire too. To further add to the pain one company is even promoting the fact that JAE is no longer!!!!!

As it is today both Claire and I feel very let down and, to make matters worse, the venue have now decided they don't want the event to continue. Right now I am trying to find a new venue and am looking for people to really take on the spirit of JAE and make it the people's event that it always has been and always will be.

If you have any ideas or can help - in ANY way - then I would love to hear from you. I can't speak for Claire but the wind is completely blown from my sails right now. JAE will continue and I personally will work to make sure it happens in 2008.

If you can help or want to offer your support please let me know.

Thank you and most sincerest of apologies for not keeping everyone up to speed with progress.

Thank you

John

so there is still hope :D

perhaps if people can now turn their attention to helping instead of bickering, we can all enjoy yet another year

:)

they did work hard for JAE... I know claire put herself on the line on one of the shows and to be honest nobody should put themselves at such risk.

We should be positive for them and assist rather than have a good ol' moan. No one wants that.

about 4 years ago i was offered the role of taking over JAE but i was fortunate that claire and John offered to take over. to be honest I was a bit relieved because its a tough job!

Lets give them positive feedback and help them out

i agree john should have been a little more proactive... the news he gave makes it more understandable why. Certainly would not want to be in his shoes knowing that you may not have a venue.

If everyone cheers john on then the event is likely to be.

I organised which was a portion in size compared to that of JAE.

I know this is a JAE topic, but I would just like people to know that I will be organising Japan North once again this year and dependant upon size, it may have to move to a new site, as I have had people contacting me through the magazine features to request inclusion in 2008's event.

All the best,

Jamie

Alright Dudes, just thopught i would pop in wiha suggestion. Down near Bristol we have an old helicopter musem with runaway etc which used to be the venue for weston wheels until it was closed (damn chavs). as far as i can remember the gorund to massive i would have tought that it should be able to handle the volume of cars and people that JAE experiences. if some one could forward this info to JAE organiser i hope this assists them to organising the event.

Alright dudes,

i am working on an address at the moment put to give people a rough idea

its called The Old Airfield and its located Near Junction 21 of the M5, Weston-super-Mare

i will post up an address as soon as i can lay my hands on it.

Alright dudes,

i am working on an address at the moment put to give people a rough idea

its called The Old Airfield and its located Near Junction 21 of the M5, Weston-super-Mare

i will post up an address as soon as i can lay my hands on it.

Hello matey is this the place your thinking of?? clicky? not sure of the address though mate will keep looking :whistling:

Edit: The closest address i could find for the location was : Hutton Moor Lane, Weston-Super-Mare, Avon, England, BS24 or there is a junction off the A371 by the look of it? thats if it is this place your on about?? :)

yep it is...look in 3d mode....look by the buildings up at the end of the runway (the helicopter Museum) by the A371 you can see a line of scrap helicopters,one being a grey Lynx plus at the front gate they still have the yellow static display helicopter...a westlands WG30

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk