Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just to end a perfect 7 days

Last Friday new pads front & rear = £248

Monday new rear tyres = £258

Wednesday night driving home across the Vale of Belvoir, a pheasant ran in front of my car, and then tried to fly away. In the process hitting my driver’s wing mirror! Cracking the case, the mirror dangling has scratched the driver’s door window and door!!

Rang Lexus Leicester for a replacement wing mirror, "certainly sir, we can get one in tomorrow"

"Wonderful" I reply "and the cost?"

Wait for it......................................

................£513

Looks like an insurance claim!! :tsktsk: :crybaby:

yeah i know mate pain in the back side

my mate gary hit one yesterday on his way out of blagdon in bristol and it hit the front of his MGF and cracked the front bumber but luckily he got the pleasure on sqaushing the little :tsktsk: after he hit the front bumper with his back tyres. :lol:

Yes. These birds are the thickest birds in the world. I remember once on a driving lesson, I was starting a pupil off down some quiet country roads as she had never driven before. A pheasent ran straight into our path. There was a thud, a puff of feathers and a lump of dead bird in full vision of the rear view mirrors. Anyway, my pupil wasn't much botherd but I did notice after a few minutes that the temperature guage was going up. We wern't going faster than 30mph as my pupil hadn't driven before. Eventually we pull over and I walk round the front of the car to have a look. To my suprise a pheasant leg was poking out the front of the lower radiator grill which was stopping the fan fron spinning. After removal of the afore mentioned leg, all was well.

Well since you paid (main dealer no doubt?) £258 to change just your pads, allbeit front and rear, that is one princely sum considering you could DIY the job and save [almost] £200. Sorry, but my sympathy for all your costs incurred this past week, Pheasant incident included, is tempered by this one fact.

:offtopic: Huhhh ! who stole my avatar.

Infinity

yeah i know mate pain in the back side

my mate gary hit one yesterday on his way out of blagdon in bristol and it hit the front of his MGF and cracked the front bumber but luckily he got the pleasure on sqaushing the little :tsktsk: after he hit the front bumper with his back tyres. :lol:

Yep pheasants are definately up at the top in the thick stakes and for it to cost you that amount I would definately make sure I'd ran over it about 10 times B)

:offtopic: Huhhh ! who stole my avatar.

Infinity

Ahh but Rolex's one is bigger than yours :whistling:

Well since you paid (main dealer no doubt?) £258 to change just your pads, allbeit front and rear, that is one princely sum considering you could DIY the job and save [almost] £200. Sorry, but my sympathy for all your costs incurred this past week, Pheasant incident included, is tempered by this one fact.

I'm sorry I didn't realise this was the vintage beetle owners club! Change brake pads indeed! Get a life! :tsktsk:

animals can make a bit of a mess.

To all you deer hunters out there , question: .

How do you pack a 140 pound deer into a BMW convertible?

scroll down for the answer.

You need SPEED!!!!! Try 190 kmh

IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE SIGHT OF BLOOD, LOOK AWAY NOW.............

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links