Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Favorite Road?

adrian71

hi all, whats your favorite road to drive on and why???? mines the A30 from exeter to bodmin, lots of dips, bends, and straights, can be driven at high speed ( allegedly :whistling: ) and never bores me driving it !

:D :) :D

Ooh good one. I'd have to say that my total favourite road is the one at the back of the hospital by where I park my car, because when I drive down it, it means I've finished work and am going home!!!

For driving pleasure though, it's a hard question because there are so many I like, but I do love the route from Betwys Y Coed in Wales to Snowdon. I know that's really 3 roads, but I just love driving down them. I like the one where you turn left by Capel Curig and go alongside the lake the most.

I think my favourite road has to be the Crooked Mile which runs between Waltham Abbey and Harlow in Essex. I don't know the number of the road but it is a right giggle when you you get a clear run at it. I love sticking the LS in sports and giving the old girl a bit of wellie on this road.

A272 - on the bike. I'm sure there are many better roads, but it's fairly close to home and I know it fairly well. It's part of a 100 mile 'lap' of local roads that can be done on a pleasant Sunday morning quite easily.

Though there are some utterly jaw-dropping roads in the Alps, doubt I could find them again though!! Doesn't really matter which one you get on anyway - pick a road, any road, and it's just stunning. Great tarmac, no traffic, friendly locals, stunning scenery. The list goes on...

inverness to fort william road along side loch ness, great rd for bike and wen im drivin my artic(scares the **** out of car drivers wen i round the twisty corners) :whistling: great scenery but not seen nessie YET lol and its a decent drive in the lexs unless the's lorrys rounding the corners lol

the route from Betwys Y Coed in Wales to Snowdon. I know that's really 3 roads, but I just love driving down them. I like the one where you turn left by Capel Curig and go alongside the lake the most.

Same for me its a great bit of road and love going through the Llanberis pass the exhaust on my lex going through there sounds amazing B) I go up there quite alot just for the drive and take a few pic's on the road back towards Beddgelert, I also like to go and have a play on Blackrock sands in the car going sideways at 70mph :whistling: :D

I think my favourite road has to be the Crooked Mile which runs between Waltham Abbey and Harlow in Essex. I don't know the number of the road but it is a right giggle when you you get a clear run at it. I love sticking the LS in sports and giving the old girl a bit of wellie on this road.

Think I know the one you mean, off the harlow roundabout (M11)?

I love some of the country lanes around Epping way, always nice for a blast

mines the A30 from exeter to bodmin, lots of dips, bends, and straights,

I have driven this road many times and it looks great, but unfortunatly its always in the tourist season in the summer and which makes having fun hard as its always chocka block :tsktsk:

it use to be behind gallions reach in beckton, but they've re done the roads so its not fun now.

so i guess it would be the A1020 royal albert way. near midnight as the mist comes down and the planes land/take off from city airport.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links