Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Sat Nav

WylieCoyote

For a basic system (no traffic or BT) I would support the TomTom XL suggestion.....I have had TT for ever, never let me down, so long as you realise satnav is just a guide, like a good map......don't rely on it 100%......

Best regards David

I too have to go with the TOM TOM One, use it every job I go on and it gets me there no problems.

If anyone is intrested

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/

does speed camera updates that work with tom tom and other sat navs and some POIs

FYI i have no affiliation with the site i just find it useful......

I work at halford (unfortunatly) and work on the sat nav section.

Dont go for anything bar the tom tom or garmins, some of the navmans are ok but i would still recommend the tom tom or garmin.

At the moment i think the Garmin nuvi 200 is £99.99 which is a bargin really good piece of kit. If your needing europe the nuvi 250 is £139 i think (Prices change weekly)

Tom Tom are pretty good, but i have really started to favour the Garmins they have a nicer look to them, the maps are more friendly than the TT. The TT maps look like a 1990 flight slimulator.

Both will get you to where u need to go though so up to you at the end of the day.

Hope this helps

Elliott

Tom Tom are pretty good, but i have really started to favour the Garmins they have a nicer look to them, the maps are more friendly than the TT. The TT maps look like a 1990 flight slimulator.

:lol::lol::lol:

Even though I am a TomTom chappy all the way I have got to agree with you a bit there....having seen the latest newer releases of mapping on the competition I do think that TT could do with an update/spruce up of the map graphics....having said that of course operationally there is nothing wrong with TT it works great and never fails me.....maybe I am just getting to used to the graphics after so many years with one system? :D

After having a loaner RX400h last week, the sat nav screen was excellent and the mapping worked great....problem for me was that the roads were just too small graphically....like it had been lifted straight from a map book page rather than designed for screen mapping use......maybe the TT version is better after all?

Best regards David

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links