Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just A Quick Q?

Rory

I know theres a few links floating about, but i'm still confused about bands etc, so basically all I'd like to know is how much my tax would be if my car was a 51 plate IS300?

cant really help....but i think this should be your avatar

11987501.jpg

:ph34r: sorry

It was bad enuff being the tiger from Haven Holidays! cheers fella

so as long as my car is 2001'Y' or older, the prices won't change for car tax, which rules out buying an IS300 as they are all 51 or newer...

I see more and more chavs driving IS200's and as much as I hate to say it, its puttin me off, so i'm heading towards mercedes S-Class, on a Y plate when my insurance is due... or Lexus GS.....

Luckily (if you call it that) mine is due in september this year, so I will be ok up to sept 2009... when I will have to pay £440...

I will have to take a serious think about trading down to a pre March 2001 model... same car, half the tax.. stupidity from the current Government... although by then, we may have a new one... but I bet whoever gets in, keeps this tax going.

I am well p'd off.

John

Luckily (if you call it that) mine is due in september this year, so I will be ok up to sept 2009... when I will have to pay £440...

I will have to take a serious think about trading down to a pre March 2001 model... same car, half the tax.. stupidity from the current Government... although by then, we may have a new one... but I bet whoever gets in, keeps this tax going.

I am well p'd off.

John

how long untill they put this sort of tax increase on older cars ??? :)

I don't think they will to be honest, or they would have done it already. They haven't done it now because they don't have CO2 data for cars older than March 2001 - and there'd be no reliable way of doing it now as there are no new cars to test it on :)

Ive been looking at selling my is200 sport (2005) as ill be buggerd if im paying £415 then £430 its bad enough at the moment paying £210 :shutit:

looking at getting (hopefully he say`s ) a nissan skyline gtr R34 pre 2001 .....looking at the goverment website for tax etc the nissan is a 2.6 ltr twin turbo pumping out more co2 than mine ( lexus ) and the tax is cheaper.! just coz its pre 2001. :crybaby:

Im in bits 2 :msn-cry:

im guna do 6month then 12 2 get a bit extra b4 it goes up :tsktsk:

It just dont make sense :sad:

I know tell me about it 2D really p**s me of the goverment...they all are *****...weve got our big jags n rovers pumping out co2 but you lot ( the public ) have to pay MORE.........i bet my old rover pumped out more co2 n that was a 1.4 litre....

all this tax dont make sense seeing as the roads are attrocious and full of pot holes...........im moving abroad had enough of living in good old blitty. :angry: :tsktsk:

indeed. where does all this money go? do they invest it in the climate? if not why should higher c02 cars pay more VED? stupid imo. and also as u said all the roads here are full of pot holes etc. they cant even give decent roads. a total joke by the govt.

I know quite a few people who have emigrated recently because of the way this country is going down the pan..

so that's less people paying tax here.. eventually, only millionaires will be able to afford to live in the UK the way things are going..

John

What we need is a revolution , remember the poll tax riots , it did the job and then the govt introduced council tax , just the poll tax in disguise , its attrocious , we do really need a petition or something , we can't let this lie , I for one am sick and tired of the govt just raising prices for no apparent reason . So what are they saying ?? its allright to pollute the planet as long as you pay for it , Bullsh*t the damage has been done already by the industrial revolution and to be honest its all a cyclic process of our planet , it warms up and then it cools down again and so on ....... so its all just a money spinning exercise , don't suppose old two Jags'll be bovvered eh ? :angry: l

What we need is a revolution , remember the poll tax riots , it did the job and then the govt introduced council tax , just the poll tax in disguise , its attrocious , we do really need a petition or something , we can't let this lie , I for one am sick and tired of the govt just raising prices for no apparent reason . So what are they saying ?? its allright to pollute the planet as long as you pay for it , Bullsh*t the damage has been done already by the industrial revolution and to be honest its all a cyclic process of our planet , it warms up and then it cools down again and so on ....... so its all just a money spinning exercise , don't suppose old two Jags'll be bovvered eh ? :angry: l

im with you on that one, it makes me :sick: how we are constantly taxed to the hilt, no doubt i will get my 2 :tsktsk: % pay rise to help ease the burden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bring on the revolution, do you all think the french would take it?

This tax was called Road Fund Licence and the last figures I saw indicated that only about 6% of revenue actually went towards roads and the transport infrastructure,so we (the motorist) are once again the "Golden Cow" to be milked at will.

If you speak to Jennifer at Coventry Lexus as I did today the new tax only applies to new cars registered after 2008 I am LED to believe.This was after I mentioned the new rates of taxation on a 2002 car I was "offered".Upshot was that they would not guarantee to pay the extra RFL if they were wrong!....surprise surprise. Apparently they have all relevant details printed off,but asked me to bring my printouts too!!!!!!

This really tends to reinforce my instinct to stick with my 11/06 series 1 sport.

The "Showroom" tax is only during the first year of ownership... although I am not sure if this applies to buying a second hand car as well..

All the other increases apply to cars registered new from 01 March 2001 onwards..

Considering I wont have to pay £440 until September 2009, I will keep mine until then... where I may be looking to change for an older GS 300 or 430 SE with Satnav/Levinson etc

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links