Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remote Boot Release

RYX

My car was at the dealers for a service yesterday and they gave me a new '03' reg IS200 auto... boy it was fun!! :hehe::hehe:

The boot thing not opening all the way and it being tempremental or so, it was the same on this car aswell. Sometimes it opened quarter, other times only a minute little bit..

This model didn't have a Boot Lid Spoiler either, so i would agree with 'Agalbraith' :

I think the only way to solve the problem is suggest that the dealer sit in the boot
:lol::lol:

i've got an 02 and it doesnt open at all

does anyone know why and what they changed from the 99 car so it doesnt open anymore?

mine's started creaking now too so i definitely gotta take it back so it would be nice to know what makes it open all the way so i can have that done too

Mine's 3 weeks old and the boot opens about 90% of the way!

On my previous one, a 1yr old 200SE the boot opened either ¼ or at most ½ way... usually inversely proportional to how far I wanted it to open! ;)

My IS200 2002 boot opens about 1-2 cm when I press a button. I have no spoiler. And it was like that from the beginning when I bought a new car. And I don't think this is a problem. I think it is designed to open like that.

"Yes, this has been done deliberately. This way, the boot is still shielded from rain when it opens, and you can open it the rest of the way if you need to. It's easy to adjust if you want"

:lol:

Mine opens all the way with a bouncy up and down motion when it gets to the fully open position, except when it sticks to the rubber seals.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links