Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Many Miles To A Tank Of Juice

i got 236 miles from £40 of petrol last time @ 105.9p a litre. im too lazy to do the maths! a rough guess im saying 27mpg ish?

that was mostly town driving with the odd b road

Iv just tanked up £62

Done 345 last time with £60

This time i got 305 with £62

But i did go mad on the M18 so probably waisted 40 miles of juice :whistling::blush:

Wozza knows about it lol :tomato:

I'm surprised by the people quoting 200 and 250 miles to a tank! Do you drive around at the red line all the time or do you refuel when there's still quite a lot of fuel in the tank? I drive mine reasonably hard, and it's all around town, and I get about 300 to the tank. After switching to V-Power, I'm getting about 330-340 to the tank, and at that point about 60-65 litres of fuel will go back in.

I usually do 700 km (430 miles) with 58 - 60 liters on my stock IS200 in mixed urban/highway drive.

I'm a refined driver, heh.. rarely go above 3000 revs.

Oh, let me convert it... thats 8.4 L/100 km or 33.6 mpg.

My record is about 900km when I bout the car on the way back from Germany to Bulgaria only motorway driving with speed 110-130,I really don’t now haw to converted to mails and MPG, petrol was 95 Ron, and now in Bulgaria normally do 750-800km

• 2 weeks later...

Shell 95 - 362 miles, 59 ltr, £1.06 a ltr, 1 mile 0.17p

BP 95 - 330 miles, 61 ltr, £1.09 a ltr, 1 mile 0.20p

Always on BP petrol I'm doing less and it cost me more.

Regards

Stop wingeing you lot!

I've just moved from a Mazda RX8 to the Lexus is200 and was only getting 160 miles to a full tank (£60).

The 300-400 I get out of the Lex seems positively frugal!

Cheers

L

i hate eveyone that can get over 300 miles to a take....

i drive it normal i get max 240 miles.

i drive like a nut i still get 240 miles

so i drive like a nut :P

i hate eveyone that can get over 300 miles to a take....

i drive it normal i get max 240 miles.

i drive like a nut i still get 240 miles

so i drive like a nut :P

i think a service is needed 4 u then. i get 270 out of mine around town and thats with a supercharger and yeha exhaust fitted

But i did go mad on the M18 so probably waisted 40 miles of juice :whistling::blush:

Wozza knows about it lol :tomato:

Do I ? Tell me more I must have forgotten.

My car is fairly thirsty, but lots of extra weight & a Supercharger. The Supercharger only makes up to 5% difference if that.

My problem is I have to drive in heavy central London traffic most of the time.

i have found sitting behind a car doing around 65 - 75mph with the snow button on helps alot, but still only getting 350 miles from a tank and now fuel for me is 114.9 from local bp!! £74 for 67 litres!

I now do a stint on the M-ways every day to get to work and getting 350+ to a tank.

I am lucky for the moment that I can claim a fuel allowance from the company as it is not my usual place of work.

This is currently 40p pm for the first 10k then 25p pm thereafter.

Although this sounds ok it is to cover fuel and all wear and tear on the car (devaluation/increased service costs/tyres/insurance etc).

Interestingly though this figure was set out by Inland Rev in 2003/4 when fuel was less then 80p/l.

Think its about time they updated the figure!

• 3 weeks later...
i got 236 miles from £40 of petrol last time @ 105.9p a litre. im too lazy to do the maths! a rough guess im saying 27mpg ish?

that was mostly town driving with the odd b road

Just for an update,

past couple of weeks since i had my service, ive noticed my fuel economy improve.

Put £40 in on my last fill up and run it till practically empty, managed to get just over 230 miles from that, and i paid 110.9p per litre for that. i calculate that to about just under 30mpg ish. pleaseantly suprised, although still not great :whistling:

I now do a stint on the M-ways every day to get to work and getting 350+ to a tank.

I am lucky for the moment that I can claim a fuel allowance from the company as it is not my usual place of work.

This is currently 40p pm for the first 10k then 25p pm thereafter.

Although this sounds ok it is to cover fuel and all wear and tear on the car (devaluation/increased service costs/tyres/insurance etc).

Interestingly though this figure was set out by Inland Rev in 2003/4 when fuel was less then 80p/l.

Think its about time they updated the figure!

dont complain.. i have been getting 13p per mile for the last 4 years.. wasnt so bad in the old 306 diesel but now its costing me about 4 per litre to drive for work.. makes me think about getting a company car butthen you get taxed heavily on that too!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links