Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

installed HID lights on my 92 ls400,WOW what a difference,really looks sleek and modern now and most importantly safer.i went for the 6000k diamond white HID kit.getting the parts at first looked a bit dauanting,but luckily have experience in electrics etc....i recommend anyone who is considering changing their buld whether they have blown or dont like the look of the yellow light they give.get yourself a HID kit there are loads on ebat and i manage to get one for £35.best kit i ever bought

35 quid! bargain for hids

are non auto levelling hid setups not illegal though?

yep a bargain mate,my 92 ls400 headlights i can adjust the level of the headlights by the switch on dashboard near to the drivers door.and the best of all the 6000k HID kit is legal

Technically : non auto levelling hid setups are not legal.

They need to be auto levelling, not levelled by you using a switch.

However I have not heard of them failing an M.O.T. as yet unless colour temerature

is higher than 6000k (too blue )

Also should have headlight washers......but as woz says not heard of anyone failing MOT, mine (6000k) went through ok....ordered another set for the corolla, missed the bleedin post yesterday :shutit:

When I looked into getting my first HID kit 4 years ago, the law was that the HID lights can be fitted to a car without the need for automatic levelling and washers. However, if they are fitted on the car from new, then they needed auto levelling and washers. I have never had a problem with MOT's on my driving school car but after fitting them, make sure you get your headlight level checked so as not to blind everyone coming the other way.

as a tester you can not fail them for anything but the head light aim being to high or low

vosa was going to bring a thing in to test the hids but keep putting it back as most mot bays will need to get new head light beam testers like i would have to and the lowest price one i have seen is 1800+vat

but i will be getting some hids for my new van soon as i do like them and you can see so much more and i dont even thing it have a switch to do the beam hight but i dont care i can set them

excuse my ignorance as im not too clued up on this stuff, but how do you make then 'autolevel'?

Hi

Cars with Hid's as standard have an auto leveling system that has ride height sensors and then automatically compensates for a loaded car.... that is why they are so much money when bought as an option.

When I turn mine on they are at there lowest position, you see them rise up and then drop down and level out, you can also see this when driving up steep drives and the like...

They are very very good though.

Pete

excuse my ignorance as im not too clued up on this stuff, but how do you make then 'autolevel'?

Hi

Cars with Hid's as standard have an auto leveling system that has ride height sensors and then automatically compensates for a loaded car.... that is why they are so much money when bought as an option.

When I turn mine on they are at there lowest position, you see them rise up and then drop down and level out, you can also see this when driving up steep drives and the like...

They are very very good though.

Pete

thanks for that haylands :blush:

I fitted the HID kit on mine a few months ago and it's so nice to see where you are going!

They are HID on dip and standard bulbs on main ( 2 bulbs one unit) so I never use the main beam option but are these ok on an MOT?

I have been flashed occasionally so they may be a little high but don't fancy adjusting them in case I have to refit the old bulbs for the MOT.

Your valued input please.

Hi

Do you mean are you allowed Hid on low beam and normal on high beam?

If you are then yes that is how they are standard, Hid bulbs take too long to "warm" up and get bright for them to work as a high beam bulb, flick the switch and it will be darker for a few seconds untill they get going...

Keep meaning to change my standard high beam bulbs for a whiter one as its weird changing between the two....

Pete

However I have not heard of them failing an M.O.T. as yet unless colour temerature

is higher than 6000k (too blue )

Mine are 8000k and never had a problem with the MOT's in the past 2 years :D

as long as they are not set to high theres never a problem with mots :)

• 3 weeks later...
installed HID lights on my 92 ls400,WOW what a difference,really looks sleek and modern now and most importantly safer.i went for the 6000k diamond white HID kit.getting the parts at first looked a bit dauanting,but luckily have experience in electrics etc....i recommend anyone who is considering changing their buld whether they have blown or dont like the look of the yellow light they give.get yourself a HID kit there are loads on ebat and i manage to get one for £35.best kit i ever bought

il also fitted them on my LS makes the car look so much more modern

i also fitted side lights with 24leds in each

25032008019.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links