Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Money Grabbing B******s

So does this only affect cars buit since March 2001 :question:

No the government are planning on pushing this as far back as possible. So this is potentially going to hit all Lexus owners who drive cars that were still in production in March 2001. Thats about as far back as i think they could push it as they need CO2 data. Though someone mentioned MOT emmisions test data!!

autocar must have made a typo this morning and have since changed it.

it's cars made since mar 2001 that are affected, not pre march 2001 as was originally written in the autocar article! i dont think they included emissions on cars prior to mar 2001, thats why!

Phew, it does look like Vicky Parrot made a mistake. She was picked up on in the Autocar forum for it and they seem to have hastily re-edited the article so that it seems ok but is in fact complete nonsense now:

It looks like she wrote it in response to this: http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_...icle3842848.ece

Basically before it was to be that you guys with post March 2001 cars would only pay the band F Tax as:

Band G Over 225 – for cars registered on or after 23/03/06 £400.00

However the government will make you pay the full £400 as of next april!

Ed

:offtopic: I happen to be a widow and receive a small pension from my late husband's company, so, because of this I now have to pay the higer rate of tax on every single penny I earn, and also on the pension, because the pension is decreed 'unearned income' - I wouldn't mind so much, but it is a paltry £400 a month - I am hardly in the millionnaire bracket!

at least you get a pension ...royal mail have taken a holiday with our pension`s since 1991...!!!!

but back to topic....the goverment are s**t heads simple as that Fooked of with the hole shabang....the country is on its arse and the motorist is the fall guy for all the ***** up`s that they do...Will the last person shut the door when they leave the country...!!!!!! :tsktsk:

Will the last person shut the door when they leave the country...!!!!!! :tsktsk:

And dont forget to turn off the lights :D

:lol: yep damn right. :lol: ...........................................................................2 fingers.!!!!! :tsktsk: time to go abroad

damn just checked out the is220d 8.6 to 60 and 44mpg

bet it doesnt sound like the straight 6 but thats just annoying. faster and more economic. might have to be the next car lol

can the 220d engine go in the is200 ? prefur the 200's looks

or get disability and not pay anything

dad dont pay car tax at all, which im not impressed about :)

best thing is, he has been given the choice of a car every 3 years,

no mot no car tax

sighs

you could always buy a old classic american car , (is it still over 25 years no tax??) 5.0 v8 does 3 mpg and say FU ? :)

you could always buy a old classic american car , (is it still over 25 years no tax??) 5.0 v8 does 3 mpg and say FU ? :)

I believe that 1972 is the year for tax exemption. Fixed date as opposed to age of car

Phew, it does look like Vicky Parrot made a mistake. She was picked up on in the Autocar forum for it and they seem to have hastily re-edited the article so that it seems ok but is in fact complete nonsense now:

It looks like she wrote it in response to this: http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_...icle3842848.ece

Basically before it was to be that you guys with post March 2001 cars would only pay the band F Tax as:

Band G Over 225 – for cars registered on or after 23/03/06 £400.00

However the government will make you pay the full £400 as of next april!

Ed

Phewww thank goodness...

The Gov don't miss a trick when they realise anyone with pre March 2001 cars are paying less tax they will change the rules so your tax is based on emissions taken from MOT.

Then there'll be a market for "ultra-low-emission" piggyback ECUs, if such a thing is possible! Fit it (or even hire it), MOT it, then disconnect it.

I don't think they can go on the MOT testing, simply because MOTs don't test for CO2... You'd have to come up with some sort of formalised testing procedure.

I think The Transporter is correct - they'll either rely on older cars fading away and being scrapped, or just do what Red Ken is trying to do with the congestion charge and just base it on either CO2 if available, or engine size if not.

I though MOT's did test your emissions, hence why they fial you for it!

thats what i thought.

i've been looking at replacement cars, micra 160sr or even a starlet glanza. my misus will have to sell her astra as next year tax will be £300.

according to this article, even small engined cars will get slapped hard.

Parkers article

MOT's do test emissions whether or not it checks CO2 or just other emissions whatever they may be I don't know, but if they don't check them at the moment I bet my left b :tsktsk: k they will soon and when you tax your car they will type the reading into a computer and hey presto your paying an extra couple of hundred quid. Bring back Maggie thats all I can say either that or Clarkson for PM.

Engine size would be the only way to do it for pre- march 2001 cars with a heavily graduated system. However even Ken Livingstone has admitted the lowest he can go on the £25 per day is 3 litres, so a 2 litre car wont be taxed too heavily.

Though hopefully we find out today if he gone or not. I didnt vote for him!

Why are so many people thinking of ways the Government could tax pre-2001 cars? This weekend the good people of London booted Red Ken out of office as Boris declared the congestion charge to be a nonsense scheme designed to raise money and has nothing to do with the Government. Brown and New labour's attitude is very anti-driver. They have failed to build roads, criminalized the masses with parking, cameras and other tax raising scams and have relentlessly increased all forms of car tax including fuel. Until the last revolt, they were dead set on making motorists pay for roads that they paid for in the 60s and 70s through taxes. We need a motorists party, but most important, we need to boot New Labour out of the Big Brother House of parliament. What's the point of having North Sea oil if we pay more than any other country in Europe for juice?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links