Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Tax... And Fuel Prices...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would have been Ken Livingstone, but George Galloway will have to do :megaangry:

My son was walking home the other day and Geoge's open top George Galloway for London Mayor campaign bus pulled up at the lights,

Mini-Me shouted "George, George !!" at the top of his voice, George came and peered over the side and shouted down

"Are you voting for me tonight ?"

"No George cos you are a :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: " (chip off the old block).

As you can see diplomacy doesn't run in my family...

I nominate Gord as he can be most diplomatic at times :winky:

(plus he sent me some super dooper wizz bang LED Brakelights)

Time to lose the 'rip-off' tag, and put the 'Great' back into Britain !

VOTE GORD !!

Had to do some digging to figure out what your Sig was about, but i Vote Gord as well.

Then we'll move the Capital up North and just hand the south over to the french and start again lol

Triple Tag Team

Wozza Gord Jiberjabber (Jason)

WozzaGordJasonTimeAttack29.2007.jpg

Is that the proposed new cabinet??? :P

Wozza - Deputy PM

Gord - PM

Jibberjabber - Transport Minister

I VOTE GORD TOO!! :D

Nah, I'd just block up the channel tunnel.

(that will stop em escaping to Blighty if the Germans invade again)

Apologies Yemgi (the only nice French bloke I know)

nah I'm for Transport Minister !!

(getting rid of the bus lane on the M4 first on the list)

Gord for Prime Minister

Jason can be 2 Jags :D

Nah, I'd just block up the channel tunnel.

(that will stop em escaping to Blighty if the Germans invade again)

Apologies Yemgi (the only nice French bloke I know)

Correct Stav :winky:

Thats a risk as VOSA do road side checks and dip the tank for illegal use of fuel.

It ain't if you declare it first. HMRC will provide you with an EX103 form if you ask them. Also, if you produce less than 2,500 litres of biodiesel a year, you pay no duty. Nice!

I'm all up for a peaceful protest, but i think a few things need to be sorted first, as if we get people no matter how many to go and rally, we all will be using petrol, in previous post 100's and even 1000's where used to this would be a lot of petrol and a lot of money.

Also i know the government add the tax ontop and are seen as the bad guys but dont forget 2 of the big petrol companies just earnt 3.5 billion in 3 months which was something stupid like 3 million quid an hour, they can easily drop prices as well if there earning this kinda of cash.

Nobody likes paying taxes but actually in the UK we still pay significantly less than in most other European countries. The total government income as a percentage of national income in the UK is 40% compared to 45 -55% in most other industrialised European countries including France, Gerrmany and Italy. If the chancellor were to reduce fuel duty he would have to compensate by raising taxes elsewhere. If we were to move to a tax wedge of 30% like in the US we would have to get used to a radically different culture of reduced public services and private healthcare.

Wages in the UK are also amongst the highest in Europe as is gdp per capita.

I'm not sure we really have that much to complain about....

http://www.oecd.org/document/57/0,3343,en_...1_1_1_1,00.html

http://www.ifs.org.uk/budgets/gb2005/05chap6.pdf

the size of england compaired to the rest of europe,we are a small population(of tax payers)in relation to the rest of europe

dont forget 2 of the big petrol companies just earnt 3.5 billion in 3 months which was something stupid like 3 million quid an hour, they can easily drop prices as well if there earning this kinda of cash.

But look at what you get for your money, a co to extract oil by drilling, drills can cost a million pound (which isnt cheap) then piped, sent to the mainland, haulage charges then its processed then put into tankers and hauled across the country and delivered to every single outlet in the country not to mention the amount of people it takes. I have no problem with oil co's earning the profits that they do as the cost to do all the above is huge but the Government take the **** against the motorist....were easy targets.

In the words of the Arctic Monkeys "Dont be surprised when you get bent over"

well we gotta do somethign, either the petrol companies or the government need to lower there prices, its going up and its in no sign of stopping!!!

there was a thing about not using a curtain company, ie avoided bp garages so they have to drop there prices, this could work if everyone in the country did it, they'd have no where to go except down... and since there the ones making a huge profit (along with shell) they'd be a good place to start..

im feeling a go slow cruise around the m25, 30mph for a 150 miles should get someones attention

well we gotta do somethign, either the petrol companies or the government need to lower there prices, its going up and its in no sign of stopping!!!

there was a thing about not using a curtain company, ie avoided bp garages so they have to drop there prices, this could work if everyone in the country did it, they'd have no where to go except down... and since there the ones making a huge profit (along with shell) they'd be a good place to start..

This was discussed and has been comprehensively rebuffed by a number of people (not just on here either).

Surely the answer lies in reducing sales taxes, not reducing the profits of commercial organisations, because these profits in themselves generate tax revenues. At the moment, Greedy Gord is on a big double-grab with both excessive sales taxes, and corporation tax on the profits, to pay for his vast armies of civil servants and beaurocrats...

Here's an interesting fact - since 1997, there have been 500,000 additional people added to the government payroll. Who pays for them - us! Are public services noticeably better as a result? I don't think so...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links