Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jeremy Clarkson Admits Speeding At 186mph On Public Roads

How the hell did he manage 186mph in the limehouse link?

For those of you that know East London, would know that tunnel and know its small, tight, has a tunnel join it half way in and bendy, find it had to believe.

i reckon it can be done in the right car. he would of been flashed by all 3 cameras though...

Dunno,

Someone on WIM reckoned its all hype, to promote the new series.

I agree, doing that could cost him his licence, respect and his job. I'd say it was fictitious when he has a nice big runway to play on.

If he did do it, and considers that to be responsible driving, then I just hope I'm not the one who has to sit down with the relatives of the people in the other car and tell them they're dead.

I agree, doing that could cost him his licence, respect and his job. I'd say it was fictitious when he has a nice big runway to play on.

If he did do it, and considers that to be responsible driving, then I just hope I'm not the one who has to sit down with the relatives of the people in the other car and tell them they're dead.

Tom Pryce - South African F1 Grand Prix 1977 springs to mind. Tom Pryce hit a marshall who was crossing the track to assist a driver on the other side who had a small fire in the car. The marshall was so badly mashed up his body was in many bits and pieces all over the place. He was hit at 170mph.

It's on youtube if you are brave enough to watch. People like Clarkson make me puke - the guy is simply vile.

Tom Pryce - South African F1 Grand Prix 1977 springs to mind. Tom Pryce hit a marshall who was crossing the track to assist a driver on the other side who had a small fire in the car. The marshall was so badly mashed up his body was in many bits and pieces all over the place. He was hit at 170mph.

It's on youtube if you are brave enough to watch. People like Clarkson make me puke - the guy is simply vile.

Clarkson wasn't on a British road it was in Germany on a road with NO speed limit.

JC has a clean licence so why does he make you puke?

Plenty of "Police Officers" racing about that have killed innocent people then don't even lose thier jobs THEY make me puke.

dont they lock you up for such speeds these days?

In the U.K and lots of other places but on certain roads in Germany there is no limit so you've not broken the law

Well, the other day, me and a pupil were doing a motorway lesson on the M11 and came across a Bugatti Veyron. My pupil decided to overtake and we burnt it off doing over 260 MPH in my Nissan Micra.

I wonder how long it will be now for the Driving Standards Agency to throw me off the register of approved driving instructors, the Daily Mail to do a two page spread on why I am the only reason why young men between the ages of 17 and 25 are most at risk of killing themselves behind the wheel. It's got absolutly nothing to do with the way motoring journalists drive on the television or even what they say to get the backs up of certain members of the green party. It starts with children seeing the way a vast majority of people drive that sets the example. Hence the term "When in Rome". I can teach a seventeen year old about the dangers of driving too fast, car controll, anticipation and planning etc till I'm absolutly blue in the face. They take a driving test and come back with just a couple of minor faults. They do the Pass Plus course and improve the driving even more. Give them a couple of months behind the wheel, they see what everyone else is doing and emulates it weather they have seen or read the latest edition of Top Gear or not.

Who honestly takes what Jeremy Clarkson, James May, Richard Hammond, Tom Ford, etc absolutly seriously anyway. It's just entertainment. Plain and simple. If you don't like that sort of entertainment, entertain yourself in another way.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not tarring every driver with the same brush. I'm sure alot of you drive with the concentration, consideration and to the best of your ability but we have all seen and/or been involved in somthing stupid/dangerous which has been caused by someone else.

Sorry about that rant. If anyone needs me, I shall be applying to get on Jeremy Kyle and having a DNA test. :blink:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links