Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Best Child Car Seat For Is200

Does anyone have any recommendations about forward facing kiddy seats to go in an IS200.

We went to our local Mothercare last weekend and they couldn't get any of theirs to fit. So now I'm worried that I'll have to get a different car, heaven forbid!

Any ideas?

(been lurking in these forums for a while now, sorry my first post isn't on a more exciting subject :) )

Correll

Welcome to the club, i'm sure Claire will be along soon to let you know which one she has I think that this came up in a thread some while ago as well so I am sure there must be some people on here that can point you in the right direction

Si

And as if by magic.... :D

I have a Britax one for my nipper (not sure of the model but it's from about 9months - 11 years). I find it fits ok especially as the seatbelt ratchets back securely.

Wildrnes has an absolutely brilliant kiddie seat as it looks as though it's got the exmoor finish. Er, yes, and the safety is good to.

I'll find out the Britax model and let you know.

Bonjour,

Will have to buy one in a few months too, can someone enlight me about the "Isofix" woven label we've got at the backseats ?

And for a baby, form 2 months up to 1 year, what is the best to do for car travelling ?

@d'taleur

Vince

if you stick your fingers in the gap between the rear seat cushion and the backrest, you will find two metal hooks (one on the left and one on the right)

This is what the isofix label means - and basically you can attach an isofix child seat by attaching directly to these hooks rather than using the seatbelt

Much safer i guess but never used it so better ask one of the others sho does

• 9 months later...

In the Britax Isofix Compatibility Chart The IS200 is listed from the model year 2001. Has anyone heard about a retrofit of these Isofix hooks for the older models? I would imagine these can be bolted on the vehicle chassis behind the rear seats.

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

In the Britax Isofix Compatibility Chart The IS200 is listed from the model year 2001.  Has anyone heard about a retrofit of these Isofix hooks for the older models?  I would imagine these can be bolted on the vehicle chassis behind the rear seats.

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

It's not adviseable to retro fit ISO hooks as the vehicles fitted with ISOFIX have been subjected to special crash testing, that's why they have unique fittings and the fixing areas have also been strenghtened so that fixings don't rip out on impact.

Okay, fair point, it would have to be the seatbelt option then.

I was just wondering since they seem to be available as retrofit for a VW Passat for example. I was just thinking if a towbar can be fitted to the chassis, then an bar with isofix hooks would be a no-brainer.

Thanks,

RX-Men-8

Okay, fair point, it would have to be the seatbelt option then.

I was just wondering since they seem to be available as retrofit for a VW Passat for example.  I was just thinking if a towbar can be fitted to the chassis, then an bar with isofix hooks would be a no-brainer.

Thanks,

RX-Men-8

Looking at the ISOFIX chart, they have been tested with ISOFIX but not fitted as standard (? Why) and the comments say, 'consult dealer' for safety shake why not have a chat with your local Lexus dealer.

When my two used the child seat I never used the dianginal belt because the child seat alway felt loose. I used the same seat belt fixing with a slightly longer bolts and used straping locked by pulling it tight around the steel frame of seat not inside the silly plastic clips, this way the seat was forced back into the normal car seat. the only problem was the wife could never undo the strapping. That was downside, the upside was the seat never moved.

One other thing to remember, I still think this to be true,(if I'm wrong feel free to correct me) There is no legal requirement to crash test child seats and some of the testing I've seen on childrens seats have shown that some don't offer much protection to the head on small children so make sure what ever one you use they is plenty on padding where there is head moment.

Have a look at the NCAP website http://www.euroncap.com there might be more details somewhere on there site

I have used the Britax Freeway, £80 from Toys * **, this fits fine, I have had it in the 200SE and now in Sportcross, the secret to a tight fit is to pull the seat belt out all the way until the ratchet engages, then put downward pressure on the seat with your knee (not whilst child is in it), pull the strap as tight as possible and engage the strap lock on the seat, I can ensure you if you do this the seat is secure and is going know where.

With regards to ISO Fix, I spoke to Britax and the latest ISO fix car seat is compatible and approved but for £250 quid seems an awful lot when there are others that are just as secure.

Britax web site has all the contact details and they are really helpful.

• 4 months later...
the secret to a tight fit is to pull the seat belt out all the way until the ratchet engages, then put downward pressure on the seat with your knee (not whilst child is in it), pull the strap as tight as possible and engage the strap lock on the seat, I can ensure you if you do this the seat is secure and is going know where.

How do you then release the belt from the child seat, it wont retract because of the lock and so in my case I can't get the seat out without a lot of twisting :hehe:

(The child seat, not me :lol: )

Is it something like 8 out of 10 seats are not fitted correctly!

Maybe those people need to buy an IS200, once the seats in its near impossible to get it back out, it ain't going nowhere, its a pain.

I also have one of those base units that fit in stay in position, which you then clip the child seat into. Nice and easy, only problem is that the scooped rear seats make the angle far to great and the babies head flops right forward :crybaby: in a rear facing seat.

Guess I'm gonna have to get a Volvo or mondeo :alien:

• 4 years later...
Does anyone have any recommendations about forward facing kiddy seats to go in an IS200.

We went to our local Mothercare last weekend and they couldn't get any of theirs to fit. So now I'm worried that I'll have to get a different car, heaven forbid!

Any ideas?

(been lurking in these forums for a while now, sorry my first post isn't on a more exciting subject :) )

HELP I've got the same problem, what did you end up with> mine doesn't have Isofix

Helen

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links