Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nissan Gtr - Top Gear Track 8pm Tonight!

Tyger

This was on WIKI earlier in the week:

The Power Board

1:17.3 – Ascari A10

1:17.6 – Koenigsegg CCX (with "Top Gear Spoiler")

1:18.4 – Pagani Zonda F

1:18.9 – Nissan GTR

1:18.9 – Maserati MC12

1:19.0 – Ferrari Enzo

1:19.5 – Ariel Atom 2 300

1:19.7 – Ferrari 430 Scuderia

1:19.8 – Porsche Carrera GT

1:19.8 – Lamborghini Murciélago LP640

1:20.4 – Koenigsegg CCX [6]

1:20.7 – Ascari KZ1

1:20.9 – Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren

1:21.2 – Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano

1:21.9 – Ford GT

1:22.3 – Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale

1:22.3 – Porsche 911 GT3 RS

1:22.4 – Chevrolet Corvette Z06

1:22.5 – Noble M15

1:22.9 – Ferrari F430 F1

1:23.2 – Ferrari F430 Spider F1

1:23.7 – Lamborghini Murciélago (retested)

1:23.8 – Pagani Zonda C12 S 7.3

1:23.9 – Aston Martin DBS

1:23.9 – Koenigsegg CC8S

1:24.3 – Prodrive P2 Active diff. on

1:24.4 – Audi R8

1:24.6 – TVR Sagaris

1:24.8 – Mitsubishi Evo VIII MR FQ-400

1:24.8 – TVR Tuscan Mk.II

See where it comes out shortly!

Pretty awesome car. Clarkson was a pecker as per usual though. Gives a load of guff about extra bits on the rims to stop the tyres coming off 'cos of how much grip it has, while at the same time drifting it around the corner. That is loss of grip, not demonstarting how good the grip is, div :shutit:

It's definitely a fantastic machine, still don't really think of it as a direct IS-F/M3 competitor, but it really is in a league of it's own in terms of performance. Just wish it was a bit "cooler" to non-petrolheads to make it a true all-rounder..........at the end of the day it doesn't look particularly stylish and the Nissan badge on the front won't do it any favours.

Hopefully that makes it less popular and depreciate like a stone so I can have one asap! :winky:

Gives a load of guff about extra bits on the rims to stop the tyres coming off 'cos of how much grip it has, while at the same time drifting it around the corner.

what Jeremy Clarkson actually says is............

The GT-R can corner so fast, & so violently, each wheel has a special knurling on the rim to stop the tyres coming off.

Not quite the same thing at all as you pointed out mate :shutit: :winky:

It's definitely a fantastic machine, still don't really think of it as a direct IS-F/M3 competitor, but it really is in a league of it's own in terms of performance. Just wish it was a bit "cooler" to non-petrolheads to make it a true all-rounder..........at the end of the day it doesn't look particularly stylish and the Nissan badge on the front won't do it any favours.

Hopefully that makes it less popular and depreciate like a stone so I can have one asap! :winky:

The thing is with this car its competing with cars well above its price range. On track we all knows its knocking out the £200k + supercars and one of the main contenders i've seen it up against is the new porker turbo which it still manages to beat.

For the price its the quickest car you can get by far (that has interior and roof) so dont say caterhams/atoms etc :winky:

Unfortunatly the IS-F isnt going to touch this but the IS-F is still very nice and aimed at slightly different market.

The thing i want to know is will the LF-A be quicker as its gonna be about double the price fingers crossed it is.

If i had £50k+ saved for a M3 or IS-F i would be either looking into importing a second hand GTR or saving that little extra for when it comes out in the UK. As you know when it spanks your ***** when you meet one on the road you know you would have made a mistake.

cant wait to see what extra power the tuning companys can get out it :)

I doubt we will see the figures of the R34 and MKIV Supe!! I've head mines have cracked the ECU tho.

This car is everything I wanted toyota to make (new supra?!), knew it would be amazing since reading about last september, Italian/German supercar eater, sub 4sec 0-60, 4WD, F1 gears, amazing interior/exterior, no need for any more tuning, saw initial projected price of £75k, thought it was a bargin at that price!! Unless the Toyota FT-HS is delivered to spec, a 5-10year old one of these is at the top of my list.

I'm unsure what the LFA will be like, but will be getting as soon as becomes affordable due to brand loyalty and that it shares mine and my wifes initials.

Finally cant compare the IS-F/M3 to the GTR, the GTR IS A supercar, the others are supersaloons/coups. I do like the IS-F and have wished for lexus to make one for years, but I wouldnt spend my hard earned cash on it, possibly a coupe version.

cant wait to see what extra power the tuning companys can get out it :)

I doubt we will see the figures of the R34 and MKIV Supe!! I've head mines have cracked the ECU tho.

This car is everything I wanted toyota to make (new supra?!), knew it would be amazing since reading about last september, Italian/German supercar eater, sub 4sec 0-60, 4WD, F1 gears, amazing interior/exterior, no need for any more tuning, saw initial projected price of £75k, thought it was a bargin at that price!! Unless the Toyota FT-HS is delivered to spec, a 5-10year old one of these is at the top of my list.

I'm unsure what the LFA will be like, but will be getting as soon as becomes affordable due to brand loyalty and that it shares mine and my wifes initials.

Finally cant compare the IS-F/M3 to the GTR, the GTR IS A supercar, the others are supersaloons/coups. I do like the IS-F and have wished for lexus to make one for years, but I wouldnt spend my hard earned cash on it, possibly a coupe version.

Well the v-spec version is already under development with a rumored 60hp more and about 100kg lighter which will make it even more of a beast.

I agree we wont see the 1000bhp+ R34 and supra versions as these more modern cars are getting power a different way, and a different engine now mainly V6 or V8's either big capcity or boosted.

I'll put money on one crazy company like top secret will go all crazy and do some stupid stuff to it. The main thing on the GTR i think will be the gear box, with something that has had so much put in to deliever the reliability for the current power output its gonna cost mega mega bucks to make improvements on it. I think ECU's will always be able to be cracked/improved as on these modern cars its probably one of the most cost efficient way to make improvements.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links