Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Wipers To Get From Halfords?

I got mine from Tesco £8 a blade & look just like the bosch aero :)

I got a cheap set of 'flat blades' fopr my nova from eBay ('Fusion'? rings a bell), they were ok but no where near as good as the retro fit Bosch Aerotwins i got for the lex.

I got a set of Bosch Aerotwin Retrofit yesterday from a local auto shop £24. They are the same as these http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/home.php?cat=853.

I only bought them as the old ones were not clearing the entire screen (random bits missed) but unfortunately the news ones do the same!

However they look a lot better and are easy to fit, maybe I have to change something else to get the screen cleared (screen wash or washer jets)

A friend-mechanic is offering under £10 (including fitting) for "no-name in particular" new ones (21" and 18") which are a bit shorter than DJ Wozza's - does SIZE (an extra inch-girls!) matter?

What's the deal with these Bosch ones - Halfords were offering £28+; surely wipers are wipers? I have rain-x treatment on the windows so that should be a big help?

Did you know VINEGAR is supposed to be good for cleaning the blades (and for glass windows)?

If anyone knows someone with a trade card all the wiper prices at Halfords fall massively, all service items oils/bulbs/tools etc comes in quite handy when used with my staff discount ;)

The bosch ones are a little better than the Halfords one espically the clips, the aerofit ones seem a litte ott but then ive never had any problems with normal blades the rain x stuff you put in your washer bottle helps a bit too.

Did you know VINEGAR is supposed to be good for cleaning the blades (and for glass windows)?

I can't see vinegar doing rubber any good?

These Bosch aero sound great - anyone got anything bad to say about them!?!?!? How long to they last?

Having tried the Bosch ones and then come back, I do find myself asking what's wrong with the OEM Lexus wipers? I only changed them because I love the single blade look, other than that, I've never had any problems........

Plus they're only a few quid, and normally thrown in for free if you ask for them when the car's in for a service or some other expensive work....... :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

... is it worth the bother swapping the 21"/ 18" I got fitted with 22" / 19" ? I've used them as it's been raining; but not sure if they will replace them. Just more coverage of the windscreen right? I can stand outside the car and seen how much screen is missing with them on?

There's no actual size in the owner's manual but Halfords did say 22" / 19" are the ones!

......they don't do Bosch Aerotwin Retro for the LS430 which is anoying.

What size are the blades ? Plenty places sell single aerotwin style ones :winky:

... is it worth the bother swapping the 21"/ 18" I got fitted with 22" / 19" ? I've used them as it's been raining; but not sure if they will replace them. Just more coverage of the windscreen right? I can stand outside the car and seen how much screen is missing with them on?

There's no actual size in the owner's manual but Halfords did say 22" / 19" are the ones!

for the IS200 22" & 19" are the correct sizes for wiper blades.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links