Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why, Why, Why!

84Stoney

Ok, so my car never hurt anyone, if fact, it's always keen to lend a hand when needed. This week for example:

DSC01264.jpg

Then why, why, oh why do some little ****bag scum sucking **** stain smackhead ******wits feel the need to do this to the poor thing:

DSC01266.jpg

DSC01268.jpg

DSC01267.jpg

Now, I'm not a violent person, not at all. But If i find out who did this, I'll be very tempted to introduce them to my friend Mr. Crowbar, and beat the little **** ***** to within an inch of their pointless little ****ty lives. See how they like being smashed up!

Outside my house, in one of the nicer areas of central Exeter. In the ****** rain, that just made it even better, door card and seat soaking wet.

Insurance will cover my Sat Nav, which is great seeing as it is now worth less than the excess! No help there then. Windscreen and glass cover is seperate, so at least I can get the glass replaced for £75 and won't loose my (soon to be two years) no claims bonus.

Tesco insurance use Autoglass apparently. Has anyone used them before? Will it be noticable that it is not original Lexus glass?

(This may well get censored.)

Sorry to see that mate.

Had the same happen to my GS last year for my pda Satnav. Autoglass did my drivers window, the replacement glass was sourced from Toyota/Lexus which took a few days to come in so I had to have a temporary perspex sheet cut to shape and installed.

mate that is total crap and dont blame you for wanting to use a crowbar on the :tsktsk: that did it , You cant have anything nice nowadays without someone messing it up, seems to be a common thing at the moment across the country and hope you get it sorted soon matey.

Damn that really isn't good at all, feel for you mate..........

I don't get this trend of stealing satnavs nowadays, when they're so cheap to buy........who do they sell them to? Someone I know had his car broken into which was in a secure car park - they broke through the electric gates, and then into his car just to steal his TomTom, and his was the only car in the car park that was hit!

Had another mate's car broken into because it had the ring on the windscreen where the satnav had been - but he'd actually taken it out so they left empty handed.............

Disgusting society we live in today, I guess the upside is at least they didn't key the bodywork or anything, no real consolation but a bit better.......... :crybaby:

Happened to my Nissan S-Cargo (van)IN MY GARAGE!! recently! Broke the small circular side window! (Why? you can't get in through that!!???) Then found the door wasn't locked anyway, AND there's nothing of value inside! (Was insulted! They left my wraparound sunglasses!) Had to get glass custom cut.

Doesn't your car have an alarm though?

Charles Manson reaction understandable?

I can't put what I'd like to as it would be censored. My 300 got done couple of years ago for an old radar detector overnight outside my house. The ***** had gone before I got out.

Autoglass did eventually replace the window but it didn't have the Lexus/Toyota markings on the glass. They had to change it anyway as they put the wrong shade tint in.

Really sorry to see what the mindless scumbags have done, if it were me I'd definately want to take one of these to them post-7245-1218016919.gif

Hope you get it sorted as painlessly as possible.

Autoglass did eventually replace the window but it didn't have the Lexus/Toyota markings on the glass. They had to change it anyway as they put the wrong shade tint in.

Inspires confidence...

Over the last 5 or 6 years I've had 4 windscreens and one side window from autoglass, they have never got it wrong so far. So not all doom and gloom mate.

Inspires confidence...

Over the last 5 or 6 years I've had 4 windscreens and one side window from autoglass, they have never got it wrong so far. So not all doom and gloom mate.

I'm sure it will be fine. Autoglass coming to work tomorrow.

Ending up costing me £75, plus my Sat Nav. But i'll struggle even to find £75 at the mo, let alone replacing the unit. Reaching for the road atlas I think.

I don't get this trend of stealing satnavs nowadays, when they're so cheap to buy........who do they sell them to?

Because there free an they get some money for drink or drugs.

Stoney no offence but why you would leave these things on show mate, lesson learned I hope. I've always tried to take anything out, it still worrys me that the same sort of scum would put the window in an hope something is in there when not even on show. Theres nothing you can do to stop it sadly which sucks more, you can be in an out in seconds. I just have to hope some other person has something on show so they pass my own veichle.. Hope it all gets sorted & sadly theres no chance of the police catching them.

ALWAYS take your AfterMarket HU out as well guys people like to steal them more :(

:o & you need to test the electics on the window when they replace the glass, my brothers is nailed now an all needs replacing. Hopefully yours is fine or it may add to the costs... He had a 300pound dvd/radio hu in his, some scally must of been laughin as he couldnt even take it out the car, 1 reason I will never buy 1 of these now :(

That's really annoying. I'm annoyed and it's not even my car!!! I'd also be tempted to introduce them to some physical discomfort if you find out who they are. I'd even consider sitting up for a couple of nights at the weekend ready to pounce on the little toads if they came round again.

I don't get this trend of stealing satnavs nowadays, when they're so cheap to buy........who do they sell them to?

Because there free an they get some money for drink or drugs.

Spoken to Police today. Very little chance of recovering the Sat Nav. They recon any they do find have been sold for £20ish. The little **** ****-***** just want there next hit. **** smackheads!

That almost makes it worse - I'd have given him £50 not to smash the window!!! (Excess is £75!)

Stoney no offence but why you would leave these things on show mate, lesson learned I hope.

ALWAYS take your AfterMarket HU out as well guys people like to steal them more :(

Sound advise, and I usually do. But after a long journey, lack of sleep and luggage to unload, it can slip your mind. I'd say I have left it out maybe 5 times in the year i've had it. Just my luck.

I have a £400 head unit (face left on) linked into a £200 ipod (left plugged in) plus amps, sub and speakers worth over £1000. ALL UNTOUCHED. It's a well lit (and usually crime free) area and I think the alarm had them leaving in a hurry.

That's really annoying. I'm annoyed and it's not even my car!!! I'd also be tempted to introduce them to some physical discomfort if you find out who they are. I'd even consider sitting up for a couple of nights at the weekend ready to pounce on the little toads if they came round again.

I have an old Vitara, i can get hold of a dummy sat nav, i have an alliminium baseball bat, i have a hiding place, i have all the time in the world.... :whistling:

Anyone wanna join me?

*(Last few lines of this may get edited out over the weekend for peace of mind!)

Oh I'm sick of this sh1tty country. If I'd seen someone do it I'd have acid sprayed the bstard.

I don't think this sh1te will carry on forever - people will start fighting back and making a stand.

Something's got to change. There's no respect anymore. Parents are just not bringing kids up properly.

Here's an example of the mess we are in. I was driving home the other week and needed to pull in quickly to the left to check I hadn't left something in the office. The car behind me (which was too close anyway) had to stop sharpish.

When the car passed me I waved apologetically and the guy stuck his forks at me.

I looked at the car driving off and there was a kid no more than 3 years old giving me a right dirty scowl !

What is he being taught as he's growing up. Scowling at 3 years old ? What the hell is going on in our society.

God help the next generation if that's what rubbish we are bringing up.

@GaryC - I totally agree.

I find myself saying of the local area, "It's not what what it used to be", and "What is happening to this society?"

Not too uncommon, I'm sure. But even I think I'm sounding like an old man, no offence intended to you old men reading!

But I'm not an old man, I'm 23!

Agreed you have little chance of recovering your SatNav. My Snooper was never recovered. I think these things are becoming more prevalent everywhere unfortunately.

More importantly, have Autoglass replaced your window yet.

No offence taken by this "old man" reading but I was 23 once.....I think....unless my memory is failing. :duh:

"I have a £400 head unit (face left on) linked into a £200 ipod (left plugged in) plus amps, sub and speakers worth over £1000. ALL UNTOUCHED. It's a well lit (and usually crime free) area and I think the alarm had them leaving in a hurry."

Up here in the north, (Bristol!!) they always reckon folks in Cornwall are short a few brain cells! (Joke....I think!)

my son had his sat nav nicked out of the glove box

worst thing was that they pulled his door lock off, causing the lock needing to be replaced, and the door with extensive bodywork needed

stupid thing was that the rear window was open !!

i suppose if they had brains they wouldnt be thieves :unsure:

Another pet hate of mine that has started becoming the norm, is someone keying cars for no reason. Several times I've been down a street and all the cars on that street have been keyed on one side, no way of stoping this either :( another cost which I personally cant afford an none of us should have to put up with. Our cars are our pride an joy I imagine for us all, hence we spend so much on them an come to places like this to share with others :)

When the car passed me I waved apologetically and the guy stuck his forks at me.

I looked at the car driving off and there was a kid no more than 3 years old giving me a right dirty scowl !

What is he being taught as he's growing up. Scowling at 3 years old ? What the hell is going on in our society.

God help the next generation if that's what rubbish we are bringing up.

Gotta agree with you there. Bunch of little $#!+$ on one of the rough estates in Caerphilly giving me a gobful as I'm putting stuff in my boot, can't have been more than five years old. Drove down to the end of the cul-de-sac, turned round, one of them's at the side of the road, stone in hand ready to throw. It fell out of his hand when the car "started to drift off course" towards him, though! :whistling:

Trouble is , you get one of the mugs and iron em out and the next knock on your door is plod , your arrested and up before the beak before you can say "Yes M'lord" . It seems todays society is LED by idiots , persistent car theives are sent to centre parks and are molly coddled with all sorts of do-gooders spouting " Poor little lads , had a bad upbringing , he's had it hard " so F*****g what so did I but I did'nt nick or damage other peoples property and I was born and kicked up in Millwall in the late 60's . I hope there is a few vigilantes amongst us for I am certainly one , no-one mugs me off and gets away with it , but a word to the wise , revenge tactics although sweet usually have a price on them , on more than one occassion I have been left with a fine and a dentists bill so try to leave little evidence that it was you .

Regards

Paul.

PS Sorry to see that Stoney but I'm sure if you put the word out some little big mouth twonk will be bragging in a few weeks time and you can bat-dash his ead !!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links