Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Lights...to Be Or Not To Be?....lol!

Hi All,

I've been thinking about for a while about changing the rear lights...and I saw these...What do you guys think?

Will they be OK for UK road?...Pass MOT etc?...I saw them on E-Bay....

Has anyone got a set? - if so if you could post an image, I would be most grateful before I purchase I just wanna see how they would look...

If they look really out of place I might re-think the strategy!...

LT-IS3000RLED-TM1.jpg

Its up to you mate but I like the OE ones especially the satin ones , call me whatever but it sort of loses its Lexusness without those light lenses .

Regards

Paul.

I Though that too - but I was thinking maybe somthing different - and feshen up the tailgate...

Still in two minds at the mo...gonna see what the general consensus here is before I make a calll...

Good point , my missus changed hers on a 106 years ago and got pulled for no rear reflectors , when we looked in the box they came in wrapped up in a bit of cardboard was two cheapy reflectors and 4 x screws and some nasty instructions , we changed them back to standard and sold it .......pile of S**t

Good point , my missus changed hers on a 106 years ago and got pulled for no rear reflectors , when we looked in the box they came in wrapped up in a bit of cardboard was two cheapy reflectors and 4 x screws and some nasty instructions , we changed them back to standard and sold it .......pile of S**t

I think the reflector are built in to the lamp - there just above clear section...

I asked the seller whether they had any pictures of the lamps installed - and he did'nt...

Really not sure about them know...

I was never mad on Lexus lights (whether the standard IS/Altezza ones, or the crappy aftermarket ones fitted to other makes of car).

But now that I have an IS I've started to like them. I think it's when you get up close to them i.e. cleaning the car, you realise what a work of art they are.

Having said that I'd love to see what that aftermarket set look like fitted.

I saw a set of lights like these a while back at a show i went to, If there the same ones i saw the reflector was built into the light just above the clear bit and below the leds in the red bit, the build quality wasnt too bad, The leds were a complete panel built into the light unit so if 1 of the leds did go you would have to take them apart to replace it which would be a total pain in the *****, and personally think they would only look ok on the darker coloured models of the IS200/300?? but i wouldnt buy them as not my cuppa T :D

Not really my finest effort but it'll give you an idea

islamp.jpg

sorry but those lights look crap on an IS, plus if if they are L.E.D most of the ones i've seen go faulty after a while

yup agree with chris, there have been a fair few poss on LOC regarding these style of lights where the LED's have failed and there was pretty much bugger all you can do, other than throw them in the bin.

id steer clear

you have a LEXUS, be proud of its LEXUS lights......

every other Chav seems happy with them on his...

Toyota

General Motors

Volkswagen

Ford

Honda

PSA

Nissan

Fiat

Renault

Hyundai

Suzuki

Chrysler

Daimler

BMW

Mitsubishi

Kia

Mazda

AvtoVAZ

FAW

Tata Motors

Fuji

Chana

Isuzu

Beijing

Dongfeng

Chery

SAIC

Brilliance

GAZ

Volvo (trucks)

Harbin Hafei

Geely

Anhui Jianghuai

Mahindra

Paccar

Great Wall

Jiangxi Changhe

Porsche

Hino

BYD

China National

MAN

Navistar

Fujian

Scania

UAZ

Shannxi Auto

Shandong Kaima

hi guys,

a member of the euro forums has put them on his aztec fire IS.

that's how it looks:

http://euro.lexusownersclub.com/forums/upl...87518_thumb.jpg

well, not totally ugly, of course, but it takes aways the unique look of the xe1 rear.

also, as you may see, the red portion of the lights is a little darker than the fog rear lights.

the red is more like a cherry red.

regarding quality: it's not that bad and so far he has no problems like soaking water or something.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links