Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whats The Better Lexus Is200 To Go For.

I had a sport it was brilliant, I now have a sportcross which is 'extra' brilliant !! Either way I suggest you are careful to get a good one with a good solid history and with no messing about, anything else and i would walk away, the IS is starting to get messed around with as prices decrease.

I love my 300 to bits (apart from a little problem that I'm about to post for advice!)

I had a Sport Navigator , you get the two tone steering wheel , the alloy pedal covers , the window tints /privacy glass in the back , sat nav , alloy sill protectors , stiffer & lowered suspension , and the pride of having the top of the range . Just be sure whatever you get change the O.E. grille and get a sport one .

Regards

Paul.

I had a Sport Navigator , you get the two tone steering wheel , the alloy pedal covers , the window tints /privacy glass in the back , sat nav , alloy sill protectors , stiffer & lowered suspension, and the pride of having the top of the range . Just be sure whatever you get change the O.E. grille and get a sport one .

I don't think the Sport suspension is stiffer, just lower. Although I could be wrong.

I think the way I'd look at it is this:

The Sport is the "top of the range", i.e. the most expensive model when new. So it's easy to say this is the best model...

But, the extras I know of on the Sport (the rear tints, lowered suspension) are not really enough to make me certain the Sport is essential.

Does the SE have any advantages over the Sport?

The sport has the LSD aswell as the other bits mentioned and 15mm lower than se /s models and a Chrome tailpipe cover (if its still fitted?)

Although not always apparently! Some of the late model sports (2004+) didn't have the LSD fitted.

Mine was registered September 2004, and it does have the LSD, so I considered myself very lucky!

Although not always apparently! Some of the late model sports (2004+) didn't have the LSD fitted.

Where did you hear that? As far as I know, all Sports have the LSD...............

With regard to the original question, it all depends what you want - if you want an auto, no choice except the SE, if you want a manual, may as well go for the Sport because as used cars the price difference can't be that much.............they are rarer though, so you may have to pay an unnecessary premium if you're not bothered about the extras on the sport.

Also I'm not sure what age cars you're looking at but the 2005 SEs had satnav as standard so this could be something worth looking into as well.

I don't think the Sport suspension is stiffer, just lower. Although I could be wrong.

I think you are wrong. No offense.

Does the SE have any advantages over the Sport?

No. Well, yes, the suspension is not as low or as stiff as the sport, so the SE is a more comfortable, but sport way better for performance and handling, and still very comfortable.

You may want an SE if you are too lazy to change gear for yourself. :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links