Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Did Toyota Tell T Glock To Slow And Allow Hamilton To Gain His Place

Monster-Mat

Fantastic race - loved it. If only all F1 races were like that then I might not be such a fan of bike races where that sort of race is quite normal!

Why are Toyota no fans of Ferrari? They don't have anything to gain by Lewis winning, and a podium finish is good advertising. The rain came down really hard in the last couple of minutes, I think Glock just got caught out. Good job Lewis didn't try and stay out on the dry tyres too!!

What an amazing race.

My fingers are chewed to the bone!

Well done Lewis.

Did you see his girlfriend? No wonder he was in a hurry to get back.... :)

Nicole Sw-something or other HOT!

He's one lucky boy tonight.

Congrats to him however he won it.

I really hope they didn't tell Glock to slow down, that would be very unsporting (and can't actually believe all those who complain about Ferrari all the time could condone it)

Great race however, felt slightly sorry for Massa as I think he deserved it more and came so close - Hamilton was in this position because of his stupidity on track, Massa was in this position because of an engine failure and that ridiculous pit incident so not his fault at all, but either way Lewis is a deserving champion so congratulations to him :)

Yep his gf is Nicole Scherzinger (from the Pussycat Dolls), although didn't anyone find it a bit amusing that he couldn't really care less about her? Just seemed to be pulling her along behind him but wasn't really too interested that she was there - not sure if that's more of a publicity thing than anything else :whistling:

Next year is going to be even better with proper slicks and no aero rubbish................roll on 2009! :D

Yep his gf is Nicole Scherzinger (from the Pussycat Dolls), although didn't anyone find it a bit amusing that he couldn't really care less about her? Just seemed to be pulling her along behind him but wasn't really too interested that she was there - not sure if that's more of a publicity thing than anything else :whistling:

Publicity thing ? He's about as famous as it gets.

I'm guessing it was purely a physical thing, as in his position I'm sure that's

the way most of us fellas would look at it :winky:

I guess he will be paying her more attention later tonight :whistling:

Publicity thing ? He's about as famous as it gets.

I'm guessing it was purely a physical thing, as in his position I'm sure that's

the way most of us fellas would look at it :winky:

I guess he will be paying her more attention later tonight :whistling:

Yeah, obviously there's that too :whistling:

It is a possibility though, raises Lewis's profile in the popular culture world (who couldn't care less about F1) and raise Nicole's profile in the F1 world...........it's funny how these things work. It's all part of the process of making Lewis into F1s Tiger Woods..........

I still don't believe Glock slowed down on purpose though, at the end of the day if he wanted Lewis to win he would have just gone in to change onto wet tyres - there was no need to stay out on dry tyres and potentially crash if he was still going to end up in exactly the same position............

Can anyone explain why Glock had not got his rear flashing red light on though ?

Dunno. He was on dry tyres, wasn't he ? Not sure what the rules are exactly on that light, but I wonder if the drivers turned it off when they went onto drys (I'm sure I saw some other drivers with no flashing light later in the race) but then he didn't turn it back on when it started raining ?

It did look suspicious I agree, but whatever happened Hamilton won and he is a worthy winner - glad to have the glory back from the Germans.

Regarding his girlfriend, the amount of pressure he was under I'm not suprised he was a bit less than attentive. After doing what he did he would not have been capable of thinking rationally.

Bravo to him.

Whilst I thought Glock's move looked highly suspicious at the time (although don't get me wrong, I was delighted !), reading what Glock said afterwards, it sounds like it just started raining a *lot* harder just at the right moment for Hamilton, and Glock had to slow down dramatically to keep his car on the road.

Well done Hamilton, couldnt believe it when Glock started going backwards. lol

As for the flashing light, i think it only has to be on when you are running wet tyres, hence why Glocks wasnt.

Well thats the first time i have sat there and watched a full F1 race without flicking channels......

Absolutely phenominal!

That last lap saw me on my knees with my hands on my head screaming at the tv from a foot away! never been like that before!

And for me the best bit was watching ferrari celebrate then realise they lost!

And surely that was the most hollow of victories for massa.... first place... but not the champ... fecking cry baby!

now im not religious but if there is a g.o.d then he is a lewis fan!

Massa wouldnt even have been in the position he was without assistance from the FIA... and im sure that the FIA were trawling through the rule books desperately trying to take a point or two from lewis... but to no avail.. although im still waiting!

Also if glock did let him past... then fair play to him... sportsmanship is what is missing from this race series! Plus im sure that the PR people at toyota were saying to him your gonna get crucified by the fans if you take this away from lewis

I've always quite liked Massa, although I was delighted that Hamilton won. I thought that Massa was incredibly sporting in his reactions after the race though, considering what he must have gone through (thinking he'd won only to have it snatched away from him).

Although I've never been a fan of Ron Dennis's, I'm very pleased for Maclaren to have ended the season like this, considering how unfairly (IMHO) they seem to have been picked on during this season, even after having a huge penalty laid on them at the end of last season.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links