Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger System Group Purchase

tdiplc

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GP compressor kit comes with the fuel cut defencer ecu, not the rpm limiter ecu. This can be added at a price but we have not found it to be required in the UK becuase the cars tend not to be used flat out for prolonged periods as they do in Germany.

Although we have yet to confirm it, my view is that there is probably not a lot of point in using something like a Unichip with the standard supercharger system, but will be necessary (along with fuel line upgrade) as soon as you carry out any further mods.

Hope this helps :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi GK

I have only ever seen one supercharged engine come to grief - and that was self inflicted. Most of the cars that have been done tend to get used very hard (Mat's was used mostly on the Autobahns), and there have been no engine reliabilty problems.

The price for the kit is £2500 plus vat. Fitting varies from £500 to £900 plus depending on the age and condition of the car (hence how long we spend on it).

Mark :)

Hi GK

I have only ever seen one supercharged engine come to grief - and that was self inflicted.

suicidal engine or driver !!

The price for the kit is £2500 plus vat. Fitting varies from £500 to £900 plus depending on the age and condition of the car (hence how long we spend on it).

Mark 

£100 per year, what makes the difference ?

suicidal engine or driver !!

£100 per year, what makes the difference ?

Suicidal driver!!! He drove over something that bent his exhaust system almost in half causing somewhat of a restriction (which are not very efficient under the best of circumstances), he carried on driving foot hard down until the cats melted, then carried on driving until a rod came out the side.

The difference in price is according to how long we spend on the car. The older ones can have seized bolts and stuff, or they can be fine. That's all.

hmmm, that's very very tempting.

I have a question, my car has about 40 000 Km on the clock at this moment. Isn't it bad for the engine that i SuperCharge it just now, at this number of kmters?

Also how long does it take to install, because I need to come from Belgium and maybe I can make a weekend trip of it :winky: .

Greetz

Tim

Hey Tim, if u do get the Supercharger, i like to get it done on the same day you come over to England, cause i love to see your car in Real life, it look very good from your pics, cant wait to see it when it all done... :) :) :) :) :) :)

Also the price of 2937.50 pounds, does it include the fitting or is it just including the VAT?

Is it really easy to do yourself? I know a littlebit of machanic so that's not a problem. Doesn't it need to be adjusted :unsure: .

Greetz

Tim

Hey Tim, at 40k km you rengine should be just about run in now ;) Supercharging will not be a problem unless you are aware of any faults already.

The system is quite easy to do with basic hand tools.

the first supercharger had a problem with cat melt down as the fuel was cut at max RPM

The second supercharger wiring rectifies this by NOT cutting fuel as you hit the redline

Supracharged is340 told this on a topic a while ago.

Is it the sencond type your selling? Probablye yes, but since were talking about a pretty large account of money I rather ask more questions you see :winky:

Greetz

Tim

the first supercharger had a problem with cat melt down as the fuel was cut at max RPM

The second supercharger wiring rectifies this by NOT cutting fuel as you hit the redline

Supracharged is340 told this on a topic a while ago.

Is it the sencond type your selling? Probablye yes, but since were talking about a pretty large account of money I rather ask more questions you see :winky:

Greetz

Tim

Not quite right ...

Normally, redline + fuel cut is at 6250rpm.

The 2nd type you mention reduces max rpm to 6200 ...

So, engine never reaches enough rpm for fuel cut.

Even so, Pre-cats CAN still meltdown, even with this extra protection.

The kits TDi have are the first type you mention.

Shouldn't be a problem unless you spend long periods at max rpm ...

"unless you spend long periods at max rpm "

Do you mean taking a one hour trip at this speed or just testing it out for 5-10 m. on a German highway (Germany is not so far drivin' for my :D )?

Or like pushing it to just before the fuel cut regularly?

Greetz

Tim

Thanks for the info everyone, but I'm not going to buy the SC.

Because I'm only 19 years old, the inshurance company won't inshure my car with the sc.

Also the yearly belgian inspection will be tough :angry:

Too bad, my IS won't be a race car then but a show car B)

Thanks for the time.

Greetz

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links