Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Claybar Virgin

Chris.S

ive seen how so many people on here rave about using claybar, so i thought id give it a go.

im quite pleased with the result as my car hasnt been properly cleaned for ages and the paintwork had ended up with a film on it

heres the reults

DSCF0497.jpg

DSCF0496.jpg

DSCF0495.jpg

I used the same kit on mine a month or so ago and although the paint looked good and felt smooth I was amazed how much muck came off the paint ( claybar turned brown,urg just thought about that!) but the finish was great and the paintwork glowed. Since then the car seems to stay cleaner for longer as well.

looks great matey.

with regards the clay, u can keep kneeding the clay until you get a clean surface, normally a couple uses out of one to be honest mate.

1st rule is though, if you drop it, bin it!! otherwise it can really damage the paint.

out of interest chris, what sealant did you use after claying??

oh ok mate. not bad stuff that.

u can apply a sealant before waxing. will make it a little more durable etc, but not a necessity. glad it turned out alright for you mate. i just love the feel of the smooth paint after claying - its wicked!! lol!!

Did mine last year, was amazed how much crud came off what I though was quite clean paintwork :o

WozzasLexclayednwaxed008.jpg

Firstly washed, then rinsed & dried, then clay bar with Meguiars quick clay, rinse again then Autoglym SRP,

then Autoglym EGP to seal it, then Collinite 476S wax to finish :D

The clay bar will get dirty Chris, just kneed it until it becomes clean again and carry on :)

Replace eventually if it becomes exessively dirty, or bin it straight away if you drop it on the ground.

Bloody hell Wozza that's got to be the shinest silver car I've ever seen!!

True, that is a crazy shine for a silver car - I've tried on our Merc but it never gets quite that good........clearly not trying hard enough!

Might have to give this clay stuff a go in the summer, my bodywork hasn't been clayed in almost 7 years, so wonder what will come off it :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links