Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got The Aristo Back!

aido

Well I picked the car up yesterday after a bit of work, continuation of what was happening before I went in for the op :)

The lads at Charlesworth have done another fantastic job :D

Removed all Defi gear

Installed GReddy Profec B-spec II Boost Controller

Cam belt

Aux belt

Silkolene Pro-S 10/50 engine oil & filter

Fuel filter

Motul Gear 300 oil in LSD

Toyota ATF-IV change in gearbox

Water pump

Coolant change

All new idlers and tensioners

Aux belt pulley

HSD HR Coilovers

TOMs roof spoiler

Back bumper resprayed

New 10th Anniversary black chrome effect grille

Side visors

3G 10G grooved brake disks

Mintex pads

Blitz LM Air Filter (replacing my old SARD one)

Newer style interior (grey piped leather with different leather hide to old one)

Coilpacks

Coilpack leads

Denso IK24 spark plugs

Bosch o2 sensor

There's more but I can't remember what now.

Car is a work in progress as have the CJI Astromax alloys to pop on, and going to remove the existing number plate and I've got a Jap sized one waiting for the back so that needs tidying up. I may at some point order the carbon boot lid as get a little spoiler as I like the look of those on these :)

Also I've got the proper Aristo emblems to put on so the Lexus badge will most probably be coming off the back - may leave it - we'll see - I have a black Lexus badge kicking about somewhere so may use that or I'll get hold of a black Toyota badge.

A couple of pics of it before I properly get to work on it again:

p1010053mj5.jpg

p1010049eq7.jpg

p1010047ua4.jpg

p1010046md8.jpg

p1010054ma9.jpg

I love it, pulls like a train again, it was overboosting slightly earlier to 1.3 bar, the car seems smoother than before when it was using a bleed valve giving me around 1.15 / 1.2 bar, but I've now got the advantage of the three settings - stock, low boost and high boost so I'll be having a play around with those :D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're not on yet :P

Had an 'accident' with the bonnet release catch when taking the old grille off and both bolts in it snapped clean off so had to get someone to drill them out!

All sorted now though, wheels is a job for tomorrow!

And talking of wheels:

P1010055.JPG

P1010047.JPG

A couple have surface scratches on the lips so I've bought a product that is supposed to be perfect for polishing clearcoated alloys like these - it's called Rimwax - too many jokes there :shutit:

Looking good mate, those alloys look good, remember some slightly questionable ones in that wheel thread you started but glad these are where it ended as they'll really suit the car!

Have to admit not a huge fan of that grille, prefer the mesh one that was on the Sport models but the rest is looking nice :D

It's a strange one that grille, just fancied something a bit different and these are supposed to be mega rare - you can't really tell in the pic but it's black chrome all over, in the pics I saw on the net it looked much darker but could be due to sunshine etc :)

I always liked the newer style one over what I had, I'd chromed the other one up using Nitromors and then repainted bits in black but it looked tatty when you looked at it close up, was going to flog it but thing it's best for the bin!

Here's how the old grille was next to the new one:

img0676wh2.jpg

p1010047ua4.jpg

Cheers Neil, will look better when I've finished it :winky: That's if I don't wrap it first :lol:

@ Stav, gonna be popping it all up for sale mate, replaced all the gauges with the R-Vit and it's a bit more stealthy too :)

Those Monaro's are bloody amazing!

Have to admit it's nice to see a car like that with some displacement thrown at it, saw the other day they've got a supercharged one as well on the way!

Oh and Gord thanks again for helping us with those wind deflectors, I'd never have figured out how they go on :D

It's a strange one that grille, just fancied something a bit different and these are supposed to be mega rare - you can't really tell in the pic but it's black chrome all over, in the pics I saw on the net it looked much darker but could be due to sunshine etc :)

I always liked the newer style one over what I had, I'd chromed the other one up using Nitromors and then repainted bits in black but it looked tatty when you looked at it close up, was going to flog it but thing it's best for the bin!

Hmmm, if it's black chrome then it might be one of those things you have to see in the flesh to truly appreciate.........going on those pics though I actually prefer the earlier one :shutit:

Although if you like it I wouldn't bother listening to me! :P

Is there a new Monaro on the way then? I thought it got replaced by the VXR?

They are a lot of fun mate :D

You know you want too :)

@ Parthiban, that old grille did look nice mate to be fair, I was well happy with how much better it came out after the Nitromors treatment :D

Cars looking great mate, and I like the wheels you chose now that we can see them better.

Good job you did not go for the first set of wheels in that topic you started :sick:

Cant wait to see it mate.

My intercooler is soooooooooo small :lol: :lol:

Yeah it's really weird how it's come out in the pic as this is what it looks like on a pic of someone else's car:

07b51hy1.jpg

Looks about 100 times darker there!

Yeah I was reading something this week and it was saying the supercharger one was over 500bhp!

Lovely mate. Quite a bit of work done there in one hit. Must be a fair difference. You should be able to play with the gains etc on the boost controller to slow the boost as it is reaching peak. That should cure the over boosting.

Personally I like the grill and the wheels will be proper nice. Should suit the car really well.

Thanks fellas :D

I'll have to get a pic of the engine bay up as well, still got a lot to do on this car but she's lovely!

I can't wait to get rid of that Lexus badge as you can see on the back it's wonky and it's been doing my head in since I got it but never got around to sort it out!

Just tidy up job from here really, engine wise it's about done with the stock turbos, could push to 1.3 but it's a common view that the heat degrades performance there onwards with these turbos, nearly bought some hybrids but they seem to not last very long for the price you pay so that would mean the only way out would be a single turbo - and that's not happening as I'd kill myself with that much power :o

Next installment could be with your wheels Barrie :winky: :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links