Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sunroof Or A/c - What Do Prefer?

I don't see many cars these days come with sunroof as a standard fit? BMWs you have to select that option.

In any case what do you prefer to use the A/C or sunroof?

BTW, how come Lexus didn't make the sunroof standard on the 2nd gen IS250/220d? Cost cutting or what?

Good explanation. Just that all the cars I've had over the years (there are many) that have had 'an opening in the roof' which has been made of glass has been refered to as a 'Sunroof', Moonroof was a new one to me, but thanks for the idea. :lookaround:

If it's 'warm' and sunny (like this weekend) then I'll use the sunroof. If it's 'hot' and sunny, then I'll use the AC. I'll use the AC for most other situations, too. But if it's sunny and 15-20 C, then the sun is lovely coming down on your face.

I quite like having both, but if I had to choose, I'd pick AC any day. How much is it to have it fitted as an option on a new car, anyway? A few hundred quid I think I would pay, but not if it was thousands...

like using the aircon but it makes a thirsty car even thirsty'r!! :crybaby: so i use the poverty a/c mostly..........................i put the windows down :lol::lol:

No-one has mentioned that an opening roof reduces headroom. I am tall and prefer the extra space.

I also prefer the peace and quiet of a closed car. An open roof can turn the inside of a car into tuned cavity that "booms" at certain speeds. It can be like driving a large "ocarina" . . . . . :driving:

Aircon is on permanently but on I love to drive with the roof open on crisp bright days and cold starry nights... The general rule of thumb is that at over 40mph open windows use more fuel than aircon...

I tried the moon roof, but put my back out trying to drive with my bum sticking out of the roof

Aircon is on permanently but on I love to drive with the roof open on crisp bright days and cold starry nights... The general rule of thumb is that at over 40mph open windows use more fuel than aircon...

I tried the moon roof, but put my back out trying to drive with my bum sticking out of the roof

i'm mostly in town driving so your lucky if i get above 25mph.

I prefer both, and had a sun/moon roof put on the IS200 and the 250. Its nice to have the extra light in the cab as well even on a dull day. Sometimes you just want a "tilt" not a full blown gale.

I like having both. And i always wondered what 'Moonroof' meant, but great explanation!

On really hot days i use A/C never the moonroof as i find the sun shines through too bright and is a bit of an annoyance. Mostly have the blind shut on sunny days but on dull days its nice to have the option of that extra light. I also think it looks nice to have it tilted which i do have most of the time. Like some others also great having it open on a nice summers night!

I prefere A/C over Moonroof though but i would still pay extra for one.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links