Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Turbo

oz kirby

i have a major dilemma...

1. Do i sell my is200 sport and buy a vauxhall monaro

OR

2. Turbo charge the IS sport by prolex.

I was always told if your going to modify a car, start off with a fast one...

I am worried about spending £4500 on the TC and being disapointed...and would i need to spend more on other mods because of the TC..

What to do????

HELP

i'm in the same boat, although buying an evo7, best to sell the car and get the best value back for it privately now with no mods, rather than sell ie(MADE UP FIGURES) £3500 car with £4500 mods for £6000ish 6 months later when it isn't what you really want, sell it standard for £3500 now and put money towards a purpose built car for your needs ie m5 or monaro, it's difficult to know with all this work being done if you will be happy at the end. use the best starting point you can afford now and will be better to mod later, you will still only be 2000cc with the lex once it's turbo'd and the potential will be exhausted, the lex is the wrong starting point imho, but if you really really love the lex then do it or buy an aristo which is a twin turbo'd import gs300.

Thanks for your views, i guess i have bonded with my IS so tooo much. my mates tell me that its a no brainer but they have never owned an IS..I do love the my car and have watched loads of youtube vids of the is200 TC and it sounds fantastic...

I drove the monoro on saturday and it goes like **** but not sure if i will bond with it...

Does anyone now if you can still get a TTE supercharger fitted anywhere or a turbo fitted for less than £4500 ??

Thanks for your views, i guess i have bonded with my IS so tooo much. my mates tell me that its a no brainer but they have never owned an IS..I do love the my car and have watched loads of youtube vids of the is200 TC and it sounds fantastic...

I drove the monoro on saturday and it goes like **** but not sure if i will bond with it...

Does anyone now if you can still get a TTE supercharger fitted anywhere or a turbo fitted for less than £4500 ??

There's a S/C for sale in the sales section aztecbandits one( £2k ), but I'm thinking your wanting a bit more than an extra 50bhp?

You can get turbo fitted for less than that, as said s/c kit for sale 2k fit yourself or ask me and fill my boot with stella :lol:

Then ask yourself or prolex if he has had any happy customers, that have had the turbo work done by them :question:

personally i wouldnt turbo the lex. i would just get a conversion done. like what stav and yeldarb has done. i would love to have the 3.0 tt supra enigne in mines :lol: guess its all dreams

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links