Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help With Ebay Seller!

I bought this arm rest from eBay (USA)

click

I read "complete assembly" and thought everthing was fine. When it arrived it was just like they had written "It will be shipped as show in the photos!". When I was biddig on the item I thought they meant that it would be shipped in the same condition as in the pictures. Now I am ofcourse missing some parts and the seller doesn't seem to want to correct this. It is not a "Complete assembly with hinge and bracket" as mentioned in the text. What to do? I can ofcourse buy the missing parts new from toyota (I quess) But I've payed $170 what I thought was a complete kit and according to the part list for the arm rest here on LOC that is full price for the arm rest it self.

I suppose finding the missing parts second hand will be impossible?

I don't get it....the rest of the parts must be in the car that they got the arm rest from....why are they doing this.... Could it be possible that they didn't know what they were selling and what was needed to mount it in a car? I don't get it......pretty frustrating.

How would you interpret the text?

What can I do? Give them the lowest feedback and then what?

As I understand I need the fallowing parts, please correct me if I am wrong. The picture from eBay show the parts that I've got. How can they tell me that this is a complete assembly, I dont have anything to mount the arm rest to.... If it's complete why does the mounting bolts rattle in the arm rest mouting bolt covers :D

58908-53030 MI05F7 HINGE SU $27.98

(armrest support bracket)

58911-53070-C0 MI11D7 BOX CONSOLE $20.10

(replacement cubbyhole)

58958-53010-C0 MI11D5 COVER C $01.68

(magnet cover)

Yes something isn't right here. The weird thing is that the seller has 100% positive feedback and then they do this to me.

I sent an email last night with some pictures and the installation guide from LOC asking them to tell me how to mount what I got from them in my car. My guess is they won't comment that only give me "sent as show in the pictures" or something like that.

The listing clearly says "Complete assembly with hinge and bracket" so if that's not what turned up, then IMHO the item clearly isn't as described in the listing. I also would have assumed that the picture was more a guide to condition than an inventory of parts. As Stav says, start a dispute with eBay and make it clear that it's not as described in the listing.

Hmm does seem like a bit of a scam

The picture does show it missing the bracket and cubby hole.

I'd start an ebay dispute, linking to the toyota manual showing its not complete.

Were can I find this Toyota manual? I've looked through www.bahamutcars.com but cant find anything else then the picture shown in "new car features 2001.7" --> interior and that one is a bit poor :lol:

i read the advert and it is clear to me "what you see is what you get.........."

the arm rest is there, it has a hinge, and it has a mount bracket so in the way the description is correct.

its eBay...... you take your chances.

badly written advert but you did get what you see..

shoud have checked with the seller first IMO. thing is if you send back now it will cost you on postage so maybe appeal to their better nature and ask for a reduction based on the cost of the tower..

Caveat emptor im afraid..

Last Friday (15 of may) I started a dispute at paypal but it seems like the seller is ignoring that, havn't got a reply yet... Does paypal do anything with this dispute or is the dispute step only to give the seller and me a chance to meet an agreement? The claim step as I understand is when paypal step in and make the final verdict?

Since nothing has happend and I assume paypal doesn't do anything at this stage should I make it a claim right now or wait...?

escalate it to a claim, (if it warrants it) and they will have to reply as if they don't, paypal will credit you, paypal guidelines say that you should make reasonable effort to resolve it before escalating to a claim, if u have, escalate it now

This is what I have put in the claim:

"The Item is described as "This is the complete assembly with the hinge and bracket!" but when I got it some parts are missing. I have certainly not got any bracket! It is not a complete assembly and therefor I can not mount it in my car. The missing items is propably still in the "sellers car".

Below is two links that clearly show what is needed.

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_2003_LEXU...VKW_5806.2.html

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=29535

Below is a overview of a complete kit and there is also part numbers. I have shown this to the seller if he has read it but nothing.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=43067

What I'm missing are the fallowing:

58908-53030 MI05F7 HINGE SU

(armrest support bracket)

58911-53070-C0 MI11D7 BOX CONSOLE

(replacement cubbyhole)

58958-53010-C0 MI11D5 COVER C

(magnet cover)

Please take note that I do not know if the above prices are correct. I am only showing what is missing and the part numbers!"

Before I made a dispute I asked the seller how we could resolve the issue but none of that is ofcourse on the paypal site. Should I ask the seller this once again at the paypal website to get it on there? Our conversations before was though eBay mail does paypal have access to that?

Rob where do you see a bracket? I do understand you point though but in that case the advert is really really bad written.

The bracket i can see is the black plastic part and i can also see a hinge , i accept it is not the mounting bracket but it is a bracket!

To be honest if i was the seller i would tell you to pis$ off, the ad clearly states "what you see if what you get" you got what was in the photos, you didnt read the advert properly or question "It will be shipped as show in the photos!" and now you complain about it.

I cant see anywhere in the ad that mentions you will also recieve the replacement cubby hole or magnet cover either.

Rob where do you see a bracket? I do understand you point though but in that case the advert is really really bad written.

The bracket i can see is the black plastic part and i can also see a hinge , i accept it is not the mounting bracket but it is a bracket!

To be honest if i was the seller i would tell you to pis$ off, the ad clearly states "what you see if what you get" you got what was in the photos, you didnt read the advert properly or question "It will be shipped as show in the photos!" and now you complain about it.

I cant see anywhere in the ad that mentions you will also recieve the replacement cubby hole or magnet cover either.

Maybe it is because I am from Sweden and english isn't my native language but when I read when anybody read "complete" I think everyone think it will be just that!

I have taken this to the next step(claim), it is know in paypals hands...

I don't know too much about these armrests, but to me, as it says "complete assembly with the hinge and bracket" (my emphasis), then I would expect it to come with the mounting hinge that you say is missing. It doesn't say it comes with "a" hinge (e.g. I don't know if there's already some sort of hinge built in to it), but it mentions "the" hinge as if that's a significant part.

I think you're on shaky ground with the cubbyhole though, it doesn't mention that in the listing or in the picture.

If the mounting hinge/bracket is a significant part then I think it's wrong that it's missing.

Yes I know and agree with you. It all depends on how you interpret the ad. I was naive and read "complete assembley" and thought everything was fine and complete as the ad says. "Will be shiped as in the pictures" I thought it meant and was referring to the condition of the item.

This is the Tower and with the two bolts/screws make the "hinge". The plastic that I got is only the cover to make it look nice...

You could say that the plastic is a hinge and bracket as Rob says but if you know what a complete assembley contains that is completely wrong! My best guess is that the seller thought it was complete and that he/she doesn't know what is needed or what they have sold...

I think that the text is really bad written. The seller has 100% positive feedback which makes the whole thing a bit odd, why write "complete..." when it's not?

Anyways paypal will now decide if it is an ad that is badly written or not....

Thanks everyone for your support!

I will let you know when it's finished...

I have to agree with you. I don't think you were naive at all. What I will say is that, not everyone is as honest as you. If you had put the advert in, it would have been worded to reflect exactly as the buyer would receive it. I'm sure that you would also be very embarassed, (as would I), if the buyer had a genuine grievance (which arose from flakey wording in the advert). From experience, it is easy to get 100% feedback when you only have sold a couple of things and have only a couple of reviews.

Stick to your principles and see this through to the end, (whether or not you are successful), and just chalk it up to a bad experience with one seller.

Colin (Scotland) :D

Yes I know and agree with you. It all depends on how you interpret the ad. I was naive and read "complete assembley" and thought everything was fine and complete as the ad says. "Will be shiped as in the pictures" I thought it meant and was referring to the condition of the item.

This is the Tower and with the two bolts/screws make the "hinge". The plastic that I got is only the cover to make it look nice...

You could say that the plastic is a hinge and bracket as Rob says but if you know what a complete assembley contains that is completely wrong! My best guess is that the seller thought it was complete and that he/she doesn't know what is needed or what they have sold...

I think that the text is really bad written. The seller has 100% positive feedback which makes the whole thing a bit odd, why write "complete..." when it's not?

Anyways paypal will now decide if it is an ad that is badly written or not....

Thanks everyone for your support!

I will let you know when it's finished...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links