Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sprayed One Of My Wheels In Vx Smoke Grey,opinions?

Hi guys,

Got round to dusting over my spare wheel with Vx Astra Smoke Grey yesterday to see what it looked like before I did the rest.

l_b5ef42b4c2b0400d96910dfa56b57c7f.jpg

l_f968591bdfef4054bef25a405b3c7c7c.jpg

l_537b4c1ac8cd4aef9573eb3afa30b466.jpg

l_765595d76a23406496d2e3d7b2792143.jpg

l_05462d0196ec46aba0be8fe2bbddc93e.jpg

l_d3db47a9d7dc480ca76eb65e26c44108.jpg

Sorry about all the pics, it just looks a bit different from different angles.

Your opinions would are welcome. I quite like it from most an angles, but in the shade it looks a bit dark. So maybe a lighter shade?

Regards

Gareth

i like it...

Glad someone else does, I was beginning to think it was just me, my gf does, but my mate doesn't. I'l have another look at it today for somemore inspiration.

Il wait for more votes.

Gareth

Oh, and what about the standard silver wheel centers, I think it breaks the colour up nicely. And maybe some lightly smoked repeaters and head/tail lights would continue the theme.

I think it looks good.

As far as the centres go, I think I would need to see them in the flesh to decide if it looked good, or just looked like someone had got the wrong coloured ones :unsure:

I like them, but think they would look better a little bit lighter as the car is silver. Personally I'd have the centre caps the same colour as the wheels but that's your choice. Otherwise it looks good, you're right with some smoked head/tail/fog lights and side repeaters that will look awesome.

Wheels are a very subjective thing, a bit like asking "what's the best colour to respray my Lex ?", you'll get a variety of opinions based on personal taste.

If I was you I'd look at lots of pics of other cars and/or do a bit of Photoshopping to see what *you* think looks the best.

Anyone know what colour the later multispoke anthracite wheels are? Il have a wander round Halfords later on and see if I can find something a bit lighter. Looks like I have to get the thinners out and wipe the wheel down again.lol.

Thanks for all the replies, If anyones got any pics of grey/dark wheels on a silver lex i could do with te inspiration.

Gareth

I like it also! Although a shiny finish similar to black chrome would look trick!

But the theme of dark/smoke lights would look great. Well done mate.

They're not laquered yet, and the mettalic wasn't showing very much, buts it my first time spraying mettalic. I think when they're laquered they should be nice.

Anyone got a set of smoked head/tail lights hanging about for little money. Somehow don't the missus would see them as 'nessasary maintainance'.lol

Thanks for the opinions, keep them coming.

Gareth

I got a new set of 11 spoke Lexus wheels in anthracite about 6 months ago & think they look awesome on my " Plat Ice " been told that by other people to

yours look great mate I'd go with that colour 100%............. :driving:

Marvolous, another one on the 'for' side.

Im having a week off in a fortnight, so Il try and get my 2 spare ones done by then, so I can swap 2 tyres over, then do another 2, then get tyres put on the.

Anyone know of any reason I shouldn'e have tyres from one set of wheels to another? Should be ok as long as they are balanced again yeah?

Thanks for the opinions

Gareth

Anyone know of any reason I shouldn'e have tyres from one set of wheels to another? Should be ok as long as they are balanced again yeah?

Yeah as long as the wheels are the same size, and you get them re-balanced, there's no reason not to move tyres from one wheel to another.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys.

I had a look in Halfords today trying to find a colour somewhere between silver and the grey here, but none of them caught my eye, so I think Il stick with the VX smoke Grey.

As for the centers, I think il try it with them silver, and if I don't like it, Il try them grey.

As for the head/tail lights, Il have to try and find some. I don't mind sticking them in the oven and painting them the same colour, but I don't fancy doing it with my only set. New ones are too expensive, so I don't suppose anyones got a set of normal ones, or smoked ones, they want shot of for not much money? :whistling:

Thanks again

Gareth

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links