Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Teens Die In A Horiffic Crash

R.I.P!!.........................but high powered sports car?? :unsure: to anees these papers have to blame something the norm is young drivers or young drivers speeding!!

R.I.P!!.........................but high powered sports car?? :unsure: to anees these papers have to blame something the norm is young drivers or young drivers speeding!!

Too True mate. :(

people automaticly asume its the young peoples fault even when its not!!as the paper says an other man has been charged he could have been a drink driver mid 40's that ran them off the road :tsktsk: but the paper still sticks two fingers up at the young peoples familys and blames the young ones and remember the driver will have to live with the crash and the deaths for the rest of his/her life!

RIP shame really but it looks like a case of just passed drivers driving their parents car and just cannot control a car of that magnitude or were egged on to out race another driver. I think its a case of how poorly the driving tests are as we all know no one drives like they do when learning how to drive. I think they should put them through a course where if you loose control of a car they should be able to at least know the basics on how to get the car back in control.

good idea?

as the paper says an other man has been charged he could have been a drink driver mid 40's that ran them off the road

Read it again he was 19, so don't give it the stereotypical young boy racer and 40+ year old drink driver.

Sad waste of young lives is all I have to say.

as the paper says an other man has been charged he could have been a drink driver mid 40's that ran them off the road

Read it again he was 19, so don't give it the stereotypical young boy racer and 40+ year old drink driver.

Sad waste of young lives is all I have to say.

the point i was trying to make is the papers have steamed in with the high powered sports cars why even say that?and also the papers make out like people were racing, as you pointed out the other driver is 19. the boy in the lex could have been run off the road by the 19year old being drunk and out of control.

not all accidents are caused by speed.

That's really sad, although seeing as the driver and one passenger survived, it doesn't say anything in the article but I'm guessing the two that died were probably in the back and not wearing seatbelts............RIP

Clearly whoever wrote that hasn't driven an IS200 before...........high powered sports car? :unsure:

RIP indeed.

The papers do the same with anything involving a motorbike too - without any particular regard for the actual circumstances, they always drop in comments like '1000cc', 'capable of over 180mph', 'high-powered sportsbike' etc etc even if the crash happened because a numpty pulled out right in front of a bike doing 30mph. Just makes the article more readable, in a Daily Wail sort of way.

Doesnt look like airbags would have helped looking at the state of the car.

Curtain airbags wouldn't have made much of a difference in a head on impact with a tree, but having said that the car looks a bit worse because it's been cut up by the firefighters.

The fact that the driver survived shows how safe the relatively old IS200 is and I am still pretty sure that it's most likely that the two that died were not wearing seatbelts.

Poor people.

But since when was an IS200 high powered?

It depends on what your definition of high power is.... When I was first let loose on the road, you needed a 3.5 litre V8 to get similar power to what is now regarded as the mediocre output of the Lexus 2 litre.... But if your ride to work is a Saturn V rocket, then it is hard to describe any car as high powered.. It may sound cruel, but I would suggest that the car had more power than the driver knew what to do with...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links