Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Japfest - What A Fun Day

Steve

He must be gutted..........i feel for him!!!!!!

DSCF0019.sized.jpg

"Darling, you were right... there really is no point spending all that money on a car... I've bought us a Fiesta instead" :whistling:

Cripes - you lot are harsh!!!!

You sure that wasn't the one that was being harrassed by another Evo - so he moved off the line to let the other pass, then didn't get back online quick enough - straight into the tyres as a result..... :sad:

As long as he wasn't driving like a muppet and being a hazard to others - I feel sorry for him whatever the cause - none of us would want it to be one of ours. :sad:

Serves him right for goinbg out on track with a new braking setup that hadn't been bedded in....

This is what I was refering to - not the jokes.......

I recall the Scooby at Trax that suffered even worse damage - someone put a dentmaster/chipsaway card under the windscreen wiper and you had to chuckle at that...... but saying it serves him right - I reserve that sort of comment for someone driving dangerously and putting other people's cars at risk.

Either way..........no matter how he did it whether his reactions

were not quick enough/slippery track/wrong line/red mist.........

whatever im sure he didnt go out to wreck his car,i just hope he

had trackday insurance and will be repaired soon coz they are

wicked cars..............how many Lexus' on the track<cough> :whistling:

as someone who has done many track days before i know how difficult

it can be to out perform your abilities-trying to catch the person in front

(2 big offs at brands hatch)on a YAM R1.When i've sorted handling on the Lex

i will deffo be doing them :yahoo:

its repairable , thats the good thing, it will be his confidence that will take time to repair itself

Just a few panels and a lick of paint and will be good as new

Serves him right for goinbg out on track with a new braking setup that hadn't been bedded in....

This is what I was refering to - not the jokes.......

I recall the Scooby at Trax that suffered even worse damage - someone put a dentmaster/chipsaway card under the windscreen wiper and you had to chuckle at that...... but saying it serves him right - I reserve that sort of comment for someone driving dangerously and putting other people's cars at risk.

If I've offended anyone I apologise....

I just can't understand if the tale of the new brakes is true how you could out on track so quickly without testing the brakes properly and letting them bed in.

As for muppets on track, I didn't see any in either of my sessions, both of the Scoobies on my firstsession were much, much quicker than me, but they both still held back on corners and waiting til the indicator to come on to zip past.

I think the level of driving at Japfest was a lot better that the recent CCC Day and a lot more enjoyable for us less experienced drivers...

For those who saw Scot's fatality at Japfest we now have a little obituaryu post withthe photo's of what we found while stripping the engine last night at....

here and here.

What we found in the sump alone was quite scary.....

I just can't understand if the tale of the new brakes is true how you could out on track so quickly without testing the brakes properly and letting them bed in.

Even if that were true ..... I still feel sorry for her.

The version of events I was told was somewhat different though .... apparently the girl driving was being 'pushed' and pressured by Norris' Evo behind...... she was driving quicker and being badgered. Now obviously - she should have slowed down, moved over, and let him get out of her life - but we have all made errors of judgement and apparently the result was, she was driving beyond her ability, moved offline to let him through, didn't get back on line and ended up ploughing into the tyrewall as a result.

We don't know which version is correct - but we do know that both her and her passenger were taken off to hospital with injuries..... and she has a seriously damaged car. I sympathise.

I don't like seeing nice cars all busted up. :crybaby:

Great to meet all of you!

Great to blag my way in AND on the stand for Free

Great to eat lots of food ( cheers Bazza, don't think you saw me without my mouth full!)

NOT GREAT to have my Lex smacked up the AR$E by a TW@T in a BMW while out trying to help a blown up toyota.... :angry:

Overall a great day.

Ps. anyone got a tuna mayo sarnie? *Starving!*

Loz

PPS. Zee, I got nuthin' but love for you, baby!

PPPS. Norkep - 600BHP PMSL (Still)

Great to meet all of you!

Great to blag my way in AND on the stand for Free

Great to eat lots of food ( cheers Bazza, don't think you saw me without my mouth full!)

NOT GREAT to have my Lex smacked up the AR$E by a TW@T in a BMW while out trying to help a blown up toyota.... :angry:

Overall a great day.

Ps. anyone got a tuna mayo sarnie? *Starving!*

Loz

PPS. Zee, I got nuthin' but love for you, baby!

PPPS. Norkep - 600BHP PMSL (Still)

Ouch, hope everyone is OK, is there much damage to the car ?

you never mentioned it Loz when you came back mate

Well, I know Loz, Ifraz, me and others spent 10 mins talking about it????

Loz...if you want, we can all go and sort this punk out who hit your car. Could arrange a mini meet. :lol: You can stand there in your pimp leather coat :zee: and we'll stand either side of you and give him good hiding for touching your pimp-mobile :D

Hope you get it sorted soon mate ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk