Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Insurance Woes

I am coming to the end of my first year as the owner of a IS 200. My first car I have had to insure myself as I had previously had company cars. Unfortunately 12 months before I gave up a company car my wife was driving and was involved in a hit and run, so I wasn't able to carry across any no claims to my own policy.

Insurance this year has been steep (£1,000) but bearable. Unfortunately I have had to claim following an altercation with a metal spike sticking out of the ground and ripping a door and an attempted theft.

Come for renewal and the cheapest quote so far is £2,000 - the highest so far £3,000. That is for a 32 yr old doing 15,000 miles pa. Business & pleasure.

Unless LOC insurance can produce a better deal, I'll be forced to sell my pride & joy.

Anyone been in a similar situation who can recomend a decent company????

Give these guys a go.....

Though we have slightly different situations (I'm 22, so we may have different companies that are good for us) but certainly give these guys a try. Doesn't hurt to find out !!!

Direct Line

Tesco's online

Greenlight (01277 263030)

All of these were surprisingly good for me (considering my sitatuions have been "extreme")

Incidentally, DIG weren't a good option for me (surprisingly expensive in comparison to Direct Line/Tesco's etc) but they may well be for you so give them a go without fail !!!!!!

Good luck......and try not to sell the Lexus if you dont have to !

Well LOC have done me proud!!

DIG came in with a quote of £950, marginally less than I pay now. Going Gold has defo paid for itself.

The Lexus stays, Hurraaah!! :D

DIG came in with a quote of £950, marginally less than I pay now. Going Gold has defo paid for itself.

Excellent.....well done mate !!!

Do give the others a go though - I found them to be very competitive on my Lexus !!!

:D

WAHHHAAAYYYY!!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

excellent mate - really glad to hear it - would hate to see one of our members leave the fold.

That little £25 subscription really is worth its weight in gold isn't it?

You probably have made the biggest saving I've ever heard of from gold - not only over a GRAND on insurance - but it actually saved you your CAR!!

Wow.....that's a huge saving :P

Glad to hear that you got yourself a good insurance deal. B)

Nice one mate! Glad to hear your keeping it!! :D

If you haven't signed up yet give www.elephant.co.uk a try....just a quick online quote might save you some more then again it might not! They seem to like the IS200....

Cheers - Neil

Cheers everyone.

Think I'll stick with DIG and quit while I'm ahead.

Selling up and buying something dull just doesn't bear thinking about.

nice one, mine is up fo renewal in a couple of weeks, shall be calling them.

Just noticed, Le Director - I presume its Steve, so probably know this answer, does not have a Gold indicator - Why??????

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links