Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Polish

what products of meguiars do you guys use ?

I have the 3 stage process, Gold Class wax, alloy cleaner, scratch thingy, leather cleaner, tyre gel, shampoo and a few other bots and bobs - all brought over from when in was in america last year, so am unsure if it is all available here (i'm sure it is though).

Got the pack of Mig's through today, so will hopfully try it at the weekend.

Looked at the price of Zymol ...and thought :crying::ohmy:

Hi there guys!

My is2 is black and this saturday gone I washed my car and it looked so dull :wacko: , so I bought some black color magic, Autoglym super-resin polish & extra gloss protection.

I applied all three coats on Sunday, gave it a final buff with a machine and I have to say my beloved looks the dogs ding dongs again.

I think I might try this meguires stuff just to compare the two. :D

Amit.

I used to be a MER man - thought it was grrrreat, though when read on here about digging out the finish coat, was not to happy. Mind you I am still unsure about that - anyone got anymore info on that?

Anyway, now use Autoglym super Resin (red sticker) and also the extra glos protection (gold sticker) Think that are suuuuper duuuuuper.

Looked at others though it takes me long enough as is to clean it etc. Don't want it to take the whole day!! Is there a one product meguiers wax? then maybe a gloss finish?

As I said above, I use the Gold Class....

Basically, wash, rinse & chammy...

Then the Gold Class, just apply whole car in one go, and buff off..

Then cleaner wax glass finish, as above...

I can do the whole car in 2 hours (inc alloys etc..)

A valeter told me by mixing the Super resin polish with the Gloss protector (half and half), supposed to give a excellent finish.Never tried it though

Hi there guys!

My is2 is black and this saturday gone I washed my car and it looked so dull :wacko: , so I bought some black color magic, autoglym super-resin polish & extra gloss protection.

I applied all three coats on Sunday, gave it a final buff with a machine and I have to say my beloved looks the dogs ding dongs again.

I think I might try this meguires stuff just to compare the two. :D

Amit.

I'd have thought the super resin polish would pretty much have removed the colour magic, plus the idea of colour magic is it fills in stone chips and scratches with black polish (rather than traditional white which shows scratches up more) but the Autoglym would have reversed that too, leaving the white residual.

I did find that Meguiars gold class didn't remove marks such as tar etc as other polishes do but does give a very good shine.

I don't know about removing tar or bugs..

But the Gold class does give a great shine, and the glass finsh is superb....

Just need to order some deep crystal now, for JAPS and JAE...

does gold class make a difference with dark colous only? Has anyone used it on lighter colours?

Zee uses it on his Platinum Ice....

ask the :zee: man what he thinks... :lol:

Works a treat on mine.....

• 2 weeks later...

Before anyone says something I have looked through the search utility...

A while ago there was alink to the Meguiars polishs and opened up a webpage where there were different products ranging from £15 to £2000 for polish, anybody have this link to hand ?

TIA

Ryan

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links